Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 13 and i just went hunting in Artesian Wells, TX (bout 40 miles N of Laredo)
for population control on a ranch owned by my Aunts family. It was my first time hunting and i got 2 deer and a javeline. Heres the buck I got on the first morning.(sorry if the quality is a bit iffy, it was taken on a camera phone)
First Buck.jpg

·
Hunter/Farmer
1,950 Posts
Very nice buck, congrats.:thumb:

Is that your celebatory Bud Light on the tailgate?:D:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good job pal! Like someone said. Many people can go a life-time without shooting a deer like that. It's quite a feat. Whenever I shoot a deer, I keep the shell of the bullet that killed it, and on a piece of paper, right the date of kill, place of shot, and shot placement(where the deer was hit), and put it into the shell. You gonna do anything like that besides keeping the antlers?

Good job welcome to the club!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good job pal! Like someone said. Many people can go a life-time without shooting a deer like that. It's quite a feat. Whenever I shoot a deer, I keep the shell of the bullet that killed it, and on a piece of paper, right the date of kill, place of shot, and shot placement(where the deer was hit), and put it into the shell. You gonna do anything like that besides keeping the antlers?

Good job welcome to the club!
dude lol no way i did that too hahahahahah

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I'm 13 and i just went hunting in Artesian Wells, TX (bout 40 miles N of Laredo)
for population control on a ranch owned by my Aunts family. It was my first time hunting and i got 2 deer and a javeline. Heres the buck I got on the first morning.(sorry if the quality is a bit iffy, it was taken on a camera phone)
View attachment 10629
Good choice that’s a nice looking can if ever I saw one. I like how the light glints off the aluminum.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Regardless it is a great looking deer. Baiting isnt allowed where i live so never really had that chance to hunt over bait.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts