Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this a couple of months old, but i haven't seen anything about this and thought we could mark one for the good guys.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...9C58494B45470714862574F3006D0CA6?OpenDocument

Cops: Cape Girardeau woman kills man who returned to rape her second time

Ronnie Preyer.
Photo from Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department. (=)By Heather Ratcliffe
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
10/31/2008

An intended rape victim shot and killed her attacker this morning in Cape Girardeau when he broke into her home to rape her a second time, police said.

The 57-year-old woman shot Ronnie W. Preyer, 47, a registered sex offender, in the chest with a shotgun when he broke through her locked basement door.
The woman told police he was the same man who raped her several days earlier. Officials do not intend to seek charges against her.

In the first incident, the woman heard glass breaking in her basement about midnight on Saturday. She went to leave the house, and the man attacked when she opened the front door. He punched her in the face and then forced her into a bedroom, where he raped her, said H. Morley Swingle, prosecuting attorney in Cape Girardeau County.

The victim reported the crime to police, and her landlord repaired the broken window.

She was home alone again Friday about 2:15 a.m. when Preyer broke the same basement window. The victim was awake watching television, when Preyer switched off the electricity to her house.

She tried to call 911, but couldn't because the power was off. She got a shotgun and waited as the man began banging on the basement door. She fired when Preyer came crashing through the door. When Preyer collapsed, the woman escaped and went to a neighbor's home, where she called police. Officers, who arrived within a minute, found a bleeding Preyer stumbling away from the house. He was taken to St. Francis Medical Center, where he died several hours later.

Swingle said the victim identified Preyer as the attacker in both incidents. Preyer, of Jackson, Mo., had wet caulking from the recently repaired basement window on his clothing when he was shot.

"I will not be filing any sort of charge against this 57-year-old woman, who was clearly justified under the law in shooting this intruder in her home," Swingle said.
:thumb:

·
Facin' Long,Personal SHTF
549 Posts
Not so fast...

Let's remember that all we have in the way of evidence that he really WAS the rapist (or that a rape even occured) is this woman's word. And we all know how much someone's word is worth...

We would also do well to remember the recent 'rape' case in Maryland where the individual was accused of 'not ending the sex act quickly enough' after the woman said no. (Ignoring the fact that they were already in the midst of the act -- far past time to object, methinks) Jury falls for it, dude gets 10 years, and there wasn't even a rape.

Remember, there's two sides to every story... even (and especially!) the ones where we wish there wasn't.

We (as well as the reporter in this story) are making a lot of assumptions about this story, and we all know that assumptions are wrong at least half the time...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Are you mental? Or are you just a woman hater?

Didn't you read the story? The guy was a registered sex offender. He wasn't breaking into her house for her secret chocolate cookie recipe.
I wouldn't even care if he WAS just breaking in for a recipe. If you're breaking into somebody's house, you can't complain about a shotgun blast to the face.

·
Last of the First Line
864 Posts
I wouldn't even care if he WAS just breaking in for a recipe. If you're breaking into somebody's house, you can't complain about a shotgun blast to the face.
Agreed - just took exception to Tango's statements... I know a confirmed woman hater who says stuff like that - he's a friend of mine, but I still want to kick the living s**t out of him every time he starts yapping about women.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I like how she waited to "escape" until after she shot his a$$. :thumb:

Not so fast? He CUT THE ELECTRICITY to her house. What the hell do you think he was there for? This is a far cry from some woman who decided too late she no longer wanted to consent. This woman was being preyed upon and tortured. :mad:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Tango, that's what's wrong with the world, too many nicey, nicey politically correct people who want to treat CRIMINALS with too much respect. He was a scumbag and he died a sumbag, I wonder would you change your opinion, if he was trying to get into a female family members house, I think you would shoot him yourself without flinching lol.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Come on, if any one thinks cutting power to someones house, breaking in their basement, then breaking down their basement door MIGHT be misinterpreted...

Well, if they have GOOD intentions then they shouldn't be part of the gene pool anyway.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Its good to see stories like this.At least we know one A-hole is off the streets. 1 down several hundreds of thousands to go.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Bad shot.. Should have shot him in the lower torso so that he had gotten some time to think about how he had spent his life and the price he was about to pay for it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts