Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
14,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mom uses Red Flag law to file for protective order against college police officer who killed her son

People are obviously smoking too much weed in Colorado.

A woman has filed a petition and affidavit for an extreme risk protection order (ERPO) against the Colorado State University police officer who fatally shot her son in 2017...

...Holmes told KDVR she planned to argue in court that she had a different interpretation of what “have a child in common” actually means...

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,567 Posts
See what happens when you start legalizing drugs!

How long will it be before the politicians start using free drugs as part of their platform to get elected?

Then they'll tie the drug usage into the ERPO, take your guns away that way

I can't see any hope for the America we use to live in......

Reactions: Ghost863

·
Bugged out already
4,074 Posts
I could find no where in the reports that "weed" was involved. Can you please direct me to that fact? Thank you.
Unfortunately in today’s society, it’s now your obligation to disprove a statement of alleged fact. This is the new standard brought on by the “me too” movement among others. :eek:: All sarcasm of course.

This warped thinking (weed induced or not) is completely permeating our society.

·
Registered
689 Posts
So Mr. Sockpuppet, nobody ever files frivolous legal actions in your state? :rolleyes:

Once the hearing occured and it was determined what was truly going on, the ERPO was dismissed.

I am not defending ERPOs, but at least the review process worked in this case.

Hopefully, there is, or will be, a method to charge individuals who flagrantly lie and misrepresent on illegitimate ERPO filings.

14,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So Mr. Sockpuppet, nobody ever files frivolous legal actions in your state? :rolleyes:

Once the hearing occured and it was determined what was truly going on, the ERPO was dismissed.

I am not defending ERPOs, but at least the review process worked in this case.
What I am stating, is that "Red Flag" laws are dangerous, for a multitude of reasons. All it takes is one biased anti-gun judge to grant the petition, and then the real nightmares begin.

Hopefully, there is, or will be, a method to charge individuals who flagrantly lie and misrepresent on illegitimate ERPO filings.
The petitioner must submit an affidavit signed under oath and penalty of perjury. While codified under law, in practice, it will be near zero.

14,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good. Abuse the crap out if these laws. That's what they are planning to do to regular people. So do it to the protected classes.
Why not the Governor's entire security detail? Let him or her protect themselves from criminals. :thumb:

·
Registered
689 Posts
What I am stating, is that "Red Flag" laws are dangerous, for a multitude of reasons. All it takes is one biased anti-gun judge to grant the petition, and then the real nightmares begin.

The petitioner must submit an affidavit signed under oath and penalty of perjury. While codified under law, in practice, it will be near zero.
But that's not what you said. You had to make a stupid marijuana joke. If you would have originally stated the above, I would have concurred and liked.

·
Registered
34,642 Posts
:

I am not defending ERPOs, but at least the review process worked in this case..
Unfortunately, within my limited research this is the exception, not the rule.

I'd feel much better if the 'review process' worked for someone who WASN'T a member of "the establishment".... Because it seems it doesn't if your not.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Unfortunately, within my limited research this is the exception, not the rule.

I'd feel much better if the 'review process' worked for someone who WASN'T a member of "the establishment".... Because it seems it doesn't if your not.
So far, in the less than three weeks the law has been in effect in CO, it's my understanding that there have been several ERPO rejections. Can I say the process is working "better" here- no, not yet, it's far too early to tell.

I have yet to hear of the "my neighbor has NRA and Gadsden Flag stickers on his truck, so he has guns and I feel unsafe" sort of accusations.

Florida seems to be the center point for ERPO actions, at least right now.

·
the "d" from ban[d]
15,110 Posts
I remember the case. The way I remember it IMO the officer was justified in the use of deadly force. IMO the kid was nuts.

Now it the man a good police officer? I do not know. I would assume after the shooting he has been watched closely.

This as a case of a woman with not enough to do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts