Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I was on another board and they had something about wolf ammo being banned. They said it is not allowed to be imported into the United States. Has anyone heard of this? I went to Wolfs web site but I see nothing about it.

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Its still plentiful on the shelves. As far as I know the only banned munitions are steel core ammo. I wouldn't put much stock into some random guy on the internet spreading rumors that he heard from a friend of a friend's cousin's brother...

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
It came from an LA Times story stating that the Russian Military Ammo complex which owns WOLF was being banned for doing business with Iran. THere is a link on this site to the story. There are several other Russian companies importing here. Monarch being one.

·
"Fast Mover"
236 Posts
It came from an LA Times story stating that the Russian Military Ammo complex which owns WOLF was being banned for doing business with Iran. THere is a link on this site to the story. There are several other Russian companies importing here. Monarch being one.
Wow, Our country will ban a company that sells ammo all around the world (including Iran). But if one of our Fortune 500's does business with Iran then that is ok..... (I'm talking about GE) It all comes back to money.

Our government really has their head on backwards these days. :confused:

Pointblank

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
so military sales dry up (not that I can see there being any here) but due to the scare millions of rounds are sold. Seems that for once the LA times is responsible for making people BETTEr prepared...

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We've already beat this into the ground, please for the sake of our sanity, stop rehashing topics that we've already beaten into the ground over and over again.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=29974

WOLF AMMO IS NOT BANNED....

NOW RAISE YOU RIGHT HAND AND REPEAT AFTER ME......

I (OlympicArmsFan), DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT FROM THIS DAY FROWARD, I WILL CEASE BEING A DOUCHE-BAG-UBER-TOOL AND I WILL ALSO FOREVER REFRAIN FROM SPREADING INCORRECT AND UNFOUNDED PANIC AND FEAR VIA THE INTERNET.

Im not the Douche Bag. I think you should read my post to start with. I said I found this on another board. I just wanted to see if there was any truth to it. I think you should add something worth reading for everyone.

I have seen you post some where else that I have and if you have a problem with me take it to PM please.

I did get an answer to this from another board that this info is wrong.

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Wait...so that 5k rounds of surplus 7.62x54 I just paid for is banned? Damn, I'll just have to shoot it real quick so I can reload it with lead core.
I believe that the factor that makes steel core ammo not acceptable depends on if a firearm is available for sale in pistol form in the U.S, the steel core ammo for its caliber is banned.

In other words all the AR and AK pistols resulted in .223 and 7.62x39 steel core munitions being banned.

If I'm correct ,and I'll try to find some info to confirm this, then your steel core 7.62x54 should be ok.

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Here is an article that takes you through each step of why the steel core ammo (in 7.62x39mm) was banned (thanks to Olympic Arms). The reason the ammo was banned was just as I described, rifles were made into pistols therefore changing the status of the rounds to armor piercing which is restricted to law enforcement use.

http://www.thegunzone.com/762x39.html

Until someone makes a pistol that uses 7.62x54 your off the shelf steel core supply is safe.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Kahn

RON L here = SERE SURPLUS

Gee, Hmm, It seems to me the only one acting out of line is you here? He (OLY) asked a simple question and you have to make a silly, childish Reply like this? These bad times ahead call for Unity, not Division, with folks like you, I';d say your conduct will earn you the right to be shunned and or Ignored! The Internet and Nerwsgroups are great and wonderfull plaxces, somettimes errors are made and re-broadcast, it's not your place or anyonce else to call for others to see what thery migyht not have seen? You should be happy many of us are not Moderators here, if you, You'd Be on think ice for your comments and conduct?

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
You know If I REALLY wanted to read the same rehashed garbage time and time again I'd get a subscription to the New York Times, but I figured that since the people here were smart enough to see what's wrong and what may be coming, they might also be sharp enough not to keep rehashing the same crap over and over. Do we REALLY need to that? Its just as counter productive as the perpetual, never ending, I'm sick of it, oh my God I can't believe they're at it again would they please just shut up about it already, which one is better the AR-15 or the AK-47 thread? I mean how many times do we need to keep beating the same dead horse? The internet is the ABSOLUTE WORST place where unfounded rumors and fears are spread. Now don't you think when the same fears are being spread yet again, that we already know are false, we should take some responsibility to stomp them out from time to time? I mean really, ok maybe I was a bit harsh and if I ruffled your undies I'm sorry, but zeesh, at least take a second and look a few threads down and see if this topic is already being discussed.

RON L here = SERE SURPLUS
So is that supposed to make you better than everyone else or just special in your own little world?

Now I'll give you the fact that you are right that the bad times ahead call for unity, but do you want to be united with people who pay attention or people who ask the same questions and argue about the same crap over and over and over again? Personally, I'll take the ones who pay attention.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Kahn I just posted this asking a question and if anyone else had heard this. I didnt see the other thread about Wolf so I just asked. I dont run and hide when things go bump in the night or panic buy. I was just asking if this was true or false.

As far as the AK vs M16 that will never die. If your tired of that talk on the net can I suggest not going to gun boards or not using the net. Thats what helps bring in a lot of people to a lot of gun boards.

Ok back on point.

I just saw a good sale on Hot Shot 7.62x39 over at AIMs 700 rounds for 129.00. Also if your looking for 7.62.54 they have it on sale as well. I see they have a can of 500 rounds of .223 for 169.00. This is brass case ammo for the .223.

Wolf ammo for 7.62x39 1000 rounds for 179.50.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
I think Kahn means well but he's a grumpus...:D:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL I can handle it.

I should have looked better on the board for a thread on this but I didnt see it. I just posted asking a question about it. I know wolf last year was harder then I dont know what to get in my area. I know shops that took a year and half to get it in and still in low count.

One shop here will only sell you five boxes at a time of it. I see most are getting Hot Shot the white box stuff. I've read that a lot of people wont shoot that in their AR's but will wolf. Thats funny and a debate that could go on as long as the AK VS M16 one.

I also have not seen Golden Tigar in any shops in my area and if Im not mistaken thats part of the Wolf company. I also dont see Brown Bear any where. The ammo in my area for the AK is really hard and the AR is easy to find altough higher but easy to find.

I guess I will buy it when I can in my area watch it and see if it goes up and if I can beat it on the net with deals there. So far one shop in town has the same prices as AIM's and somtimes better for ammo.

I wish I would have bought wolf when it was a 1000 rounds for 89-99 bucks then also when it went to 115 bucks. Im kicking myself for not doing it.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Here is an article that takes you through each step of why the steel core ammo (in 7.62x39mm) was banned (thanks to Olympic Arms). The reason the ammo was banned was just as I described, rifles were made into pistols therefore changing the status of the rounds to armor piercing which is restricted to law enforcement use.

http://www.thegunzone.com/762x39.html

Until someone makes a pistol that uses 7.62x54 your off the shelf steel core supply is safe.
This is 100% false. Steel core ammo is not Armor piercing, (even though it can pierce thin armor) and the ban you cite is no longer in effect and has been superceeded.
The ban in question is a general COMMERCE ban not a BATFE ban and it only applies to governmental purchases not private commerce. The simple fact is 7.63x39 steel core has not been banned. Geeze...

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
LOL I can handle it.

I should have looked better on the board for a thread on this but I didnt see it. I just posted asking a question about it. I know wolf last year was harder then I dont know what to get in my area. I know shops that took a year and half to get it in and still in low count.

One shop here will only sell you five boxes at a time of it. I see most are getting Hot Shot the white box stuff. I've read that a lot of people wont shoot that in their AR's but will wolf. Thats funny and a debate that could go on as long as the AK VS M16 one.

I also have not seen Golden Tigar in any shops in my area and if Im not mistaken thats part of the Wolf company. I also dont see Brown Bear any where. The ammo in my area for the AK is really hard and the AR is easy to find altough higher but easy to find.

I guess I will buy it when I can in my area watch it and see if it goes up and if I can beat it on the net with deals there. So far one shop in town has the same prices as AIM's and somtimes better for ammo.

I wish I would have bought wolf when it was a 1000 rounds for 89-99 bucks then also when it went to 115 bucks. Im kicking myself for not doing it.
The real reason Wolf ammo is getting scarce is high demand,,, as it is imported and Wolf doesn't maintain operations in the US they are limited on how much they can bring into the US. Now in case everyone hasn't noticed, in the past handful of years there has been a GLUT of surplus 7.62x39 rifles being sold across the nation, (aks and sks), and wolf is the cheapest ammo available for it,,, just two to three times the cost of .22lr purchased in small quantities. So the demand outpaced the supply, how many other calibers and manufacturers ammo can you shoot for less than twenty cents a round? The next closest competitor is over twice the price.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts