Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is a list I keep in a WordPad file. I keep it as a reminder of what I want/wish/need to prep next.

A lot of new preppers feel overwhelmed by all this (I sure did), but I find that this list calms me a bit, as it helps focus on what's next, but also, as I move items from the top to the bottom, it helps me realize that I've made progress.

I'd suggest all new preppers consider doing something similar; make a list and start moving items to the "Done" side. Prioritize (water first, food, defense, heat, in an order that makes sense to you in your situation), then begin to pick off the items, one by one. Each time you do, you move closer to where you want to be.

[And FWIW: I have first-aid supplies, I want a better kit, and I've already taken care of many things that aren't shown].

WISH/WANT/NEED
Hypafix 4" or 6" dressing
First Aid Kit
Volcano II Stove
TIger America Cooker
Warning devices (pull off tab, goes off, beeps--Dollar Store?)
more fats/oils (get some extra virgin olive oil in tins).
more canned goods
liquor (1/2 pint or 1 pint bottles)
more vitamins
more dried milk
Laundry Detergent
Dish Detergent

PENDING ARRIVAL
Bega Canned Cheese
AAA USB charger adapter for Solar Charger

DONE
Masks (for flu, etc.)
Sunscreen
Bug Spray
Antibiotic ointment
Dental Floss
heirloom nonhybrid seeds (one more source)
vinegar (at least 4 gallons of white vinegar)
Ghee
dried eggs
Tattler Reuseable Canning Lids
5-hour candles
dried milk
All american canner
spare burrs and spare parts for grain mill
more wheat (get some hard white)
canning lids
eneloop batteries
solar charger
more buckets and lids and mylar bags and o2 packs
potato flakes
more beans
oats
heirloom nonhybrid seeds (have some, get more)
canned goods

·
Registered
323 Posts
As always goose, great reminder!

I actually saw one thing that I keep forgetting. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: goose3

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As always goose, great reminder!

I actually saw one thing that I keep forgetting. Thanks for sharing!
Some of that comes from Jerry D Young's barter list. It's not all for barter.

I was out this afternoon working on my list, got dental floss, Absorbine Jr. (which when applied to neck and ears and throat will repel gnats; vanilla extract does, too), some sunscreen and bug spray. We have all that stuff, of course, but those were placed in with the preps, not for general consumption unless rotated and replaced.

The Hypafix dressing is something I learned about here. It's on my list!

·
Prepper in Training
228 Posts
Separate it further want and need in diff categorey
Wish by itself and then prioritize each of them.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
I do the same thing! I write them down through out the year so that when I have money I can remember what it is I wanted.

Don't always get the most expensive things out of the way first. Remember that it's a lot of fun to get a bunch of medium priced stuff first.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Some of that comes from Jerry D Young's barter list. It's not all for barter.

I was out this afternoon working on my list, got dental floss, Absorbine Jr. (which when applied to neck and ears and throat will repel gnats; vanilla extract does, too), some sunscreen and bug spray. We have all that stuff, of course, but those were placed in with the preps, not for general consumption unless rotated and replaced.

The Hypafix dressing is something I learned about here. It's on my list!
Just looked up the Hypafix. Love that stuff and am adding it to my list..everytime I see your lists I find something else I need/forgot! Thank you.

Speaking of repellents, I never have a problem with gnats or with mosquito's for that matter.
Last night my family all got eaten alive and I started researching to find out why I haven't been bitten for many years. Come to find out it's the Lemongrass and Vanilla perfume I wear! Smells great for us humans, but is also a great natural repellent. :thumb: Great stroke of luck for me because I'm actually a little allergic to gnats and mosquito's.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,527 Posts
The sad part is even after you finish getting everything on the list. A new list forms. It has been never ending for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts