Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I survive on Hate.
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received my free sample from Wise foods. Let me start by saying that the customer rep who contacted me about my interests in Wise foods, was not only polite, but also offered to send me the Camping Food instead of the home food(after I explained to him my use of food for a go-bag.)

I received the sample fairly quickly. I got the Pasta Alfredo with Chicken. At 5.3 oz, with a total 680 calories. This is easily the lightest, highest calorie food I have found.

Preparation, was simple enough. Two cups of water(16oz) boiled in a pan, poured into the bag, mixed with a fork, and sealed the bag for 12 minutes.

Lets get down to the taste. It was simply put, better than chicken Alfredo that I make at home. Really was amazed to be honest. A bit thick(the sauce) but I guess that could be changed by adding more water. It did make it a bit easier to eat, since it wasn't as elusive as regular noodles.

All in all, I will be ordering a more than a few packs of Wise Dehydrated meals! Simply a great product, friendly service, and tasty as hell!

·
ΙΧΘΥΣ
9,746 Posts
Great! I just hope you don't expect it to last for a long time.

·
Shade Tree Gynecologist
3,695 Posts
I was not impressed with the chick alfredo. I can cook better than that. still the granola was good but is hard to mess up granola

·
I survive on Hate.
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was not impressed with the chick alfredo. I can cook better than that. still the granola was good but is hard to mess up granola
Really? I thought it was pretty good. Maybe My taste buds are just ****ed up from eating too much military food and MRE's. But I thought they were actually great.

·
Banned
19,284 Posts
there is some concern about the packaging and oxygen allowed. It has been shown in lab tests to have waaaay to much compared to MH ...

·
I survive on Hate.
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, compared to mre's they are a little better and depending on how hungry yyou are would make a diff.
I don't know. I think I'm going to look into this oxygen issue. If they won't last long, I'm not buying them regardless of taste.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts