Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Wisconsin!

I am new to this forum but not new to prepping/surviving. It started a few years ago when I was slowly losing confidence in the "system" which is society in a nut shell and the corrupt banksters and politicians that run it all.

I am not expert in preparing but the first step is paying attention to what goes around your neighborhood, community, state, nation and world. Gathering intel is best described and not what the mainstreet media wants you to hear either.

I am part of normal society as most, have a job where I lead 40-50 people but I have what I like to call a different focus. What I mean is my senses pay attention on a different wave length so to speak. Where I see/read events unfolding most play with their cell phones or whatever gadget they have in their hands, they are virtual ZOMBIES if you will. They lack any knowledge of what is going on around them.

I see how they 'society' drives all the time, totally clueless and not paying attention. That pretty much somes up the way I see 'society' and that is the way they drive which is horrible!

The subject of driving is my only expertise. I learnd how to off-road when I was briefly in the Marines. Got home, bought me a little Toyota pickup and have become an expert in driving of sorts. I have raced down in Baja Mexico and Arizona off-road, helped teams at short track events like at Crandon, WI, etc... and the last 5 years drove a pickup high-speed on road courses as well as the parking lot coned courses becoming a driver instructor at one point teaching the ZOMBIES how to drive their fast machines properly and at speed.

Today I am building my BOTT or bug out tactical truck to escape if need be the 'society' that will turn on one another if the power goes off for even a short amount of time.

Anyways, I will ask questions about survival and prepping but fire away about driving and vehicle prep, that is my only area I really know.

I am also a weather spotter for the National Weather Service and you can learn quite a bit about the weather doing this to prepare likewise and reading the signs in the sky, etc...

I am boring you guys :sleep: but hey it's a start.

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

·
Retired Army
5,536 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

Al

Reactions: SSGNasty

·
Banned
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?
I have not found a Jericho yet...:D:

I actually scouted out an area last year, looking to go back for some more intel. I am planning another trip slightly westward of my location hidden near another lake for a camping type trip. Always gather intel.

As a weather spotter for my local National Weather Service office, I spot in 4 counties west where I live and have learned just about ALL of the rural roads leading out of my community, which ones could be trouble, bottlenecks, etc... I am glad to do this service. Normally I would stick to the main roads but I now know all of those hidden gems of rural roads to get around obstacles...

Water/food prep, have enough for minimal 45 days but I could drag it out to 90 easily. Have hygiene/medical supplies stored in totes basically everything is ready for mobility if need be. I have a fully prepped ALICE pack as my BOB, good for 5 days survival and goes with me on trips all the time.

I also have various tools of sorts stored in bins. Again grab and go, I may not have time to run into the garage and try and find everything so I have tools only for the what if scenarios. Things like bolt cutters, tin snips, wire cutters, vegetation cutters, hack saw, small saw, you get the picture. The small tool box they all rest in is always in my BOTT/SWIV at all times.

I am just about 1/2 way on building up my BOTT/SWIV as I call it, Bug Out Tactical Truck for its strategic mission profile and Severe Weather Intercept Vehicle for its tactical mission profile. Makes for a good expedition type off-roader in civilian mode. I have 2 totes just for this vehicle from speciality tools needed to fluids to replace everything at least once plus things like loctite, JB weld and so forth. And don't forget the condoms and Vaseline! No, not for that but to water proof before crossing streams, etc... Ready rate is above 95% year round!

No garden where I live yet. I am going after a good bow and arrow system so I can keep quiet, low profile in the field. A trusty shotgun for last resort and my dad's old .308 for longer range. But keeping quiet in the field is vital for survival that is also why I have just a 4-cylinder in my BOV. It is very quiet off-road and has solid lower gearing, etc...

I have a bug out smaller tote that is full of literature/books/maps, again ready to grab and go. In it I have various books about edibal plants in the upper Midwest, medicinal plants, SAS survival book, many hiking and back trails books that open up the back country away from the roads, first aid books and so forth...

Am I ready? Heck no, prepping is year round and should never stop! Being ready for something that may never come will make the severe weather, train derailments, earthquakes, hurricanes and brush fires seem like childs play... then again what if?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts