Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What: Wisconsin Preparedness and Self-reliant minded people getting together to chat, exchange ideas and discuss food storage with people who (probably) don't think you are crazy.

When: Saturday, August 6th, 10:00am to ??? Arrive when you'd care to, leave when you want to.

Where: Mill Bluff State Park, which is near Camp Douglas, WI. We'll be in the picnic shelter on East side of Funnel Rd. The picnic shelter area should have a sign with a red "e" on it.

What to bring:

1) Whatever you'd like to eat and drink. There will be a charcoal grill and plenty of charcoal, with a spatula and tongs. There will be a selection of soft drinks and water provided at no cost.

2) Kids. There is a playground and a swimming area on a pond. There are stairs to the top of the bluff with a great view.

3) Notepad. (optional!) You might meet someone you'd like to talk to later.

Cost: Nothing. Well, technically you need a state park sticker to get in, but if you are really broke you can park your car on Funnel Road and walk the 75 yards in to the picnic shelter.

Why: We can all learn from each other, if we get out from behind our keyboards and meet each other.

·
Registered
914 Posts
It might be good for us to have some sort of concise memorandum for the meeting. Just a little section for people to talk about their expert areas so you know who to to talk to about what which subjects that you might have questions. There are subjects that I am not knowledgeable on, and then there are less common things that I'm good with just from my career and other interests Examples: (details on thermal imaging, night vision, sustainable/renewable/attainable fuel sources). Not suggesting we have people giving 1 hour long presentations, but conversation starters if wanted.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in no way in charge of anything! If folks want to volunteer their areas of expertise, either by posting up here or announcing it at the Meet & Greet....Go for it!

I am willing to volunteer some: I know a bit about medical stuff, and a little about ham radio.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to those who made it out. I had a great time! The weather was good, and the conversation was great.

I definitely learned a lot from our get together, and I hope the rest of you did, too!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought it was a good time.

I am in contact with a couple I met for the first time there. We continue to bounce ideas off one another.

Some other folks haven't chosen to stay in touch. But I think everybody thought it was worth their time.

Maybe we'll do it again. Maybe just a few hour Meet & Greet some Saturday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where: Mill Bluff State Park, which is near Camp Douglas, WI. We'll be in the picnic shelter on East side of Funnel Rd. The picnic shelter area should have a sign with a red "e" on it.
It's a shame it's so far from me. In reality it's not that far, but with a 9 months pregnant wife, it's too far. Maybe I'll catch the next one.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Garik:

Glad you were interested, but that Meet & Greet was from last year!

I organized another one in January.

Although those who attended both those events seemed to have a good time, turnout was pretty low. I didn't think there was much interest, so I didn't organize another.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.