Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was feeding cattle tonight and thinking about how cold it is going to get tonight a thought crossed my mind... And maybe this has been discussed, but has anyone wondered if the powers that be are holding things together until winter to reduce mobility of the population? I mean if they knew a crash was coming maybe they would want it to happen when a big part of the country couldn't survive. Now I am no conspiracy nut and I do not actually think it would really be possible to try to steer this thing... But still makes me wonder...

·
Registered
109 Posts
What better time to bring things down, a time when most of the population would not know what to do or how to survive when the power goes out.

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
That's a fair observation.

Sharon Astyk: You Need to Prepare to Lose Access to Electricity in 2009

The housing bust is accellerating and job losses are rising. Unless you are
very certain of your income, it would be wise to assume that some portion
of next year may be spent without power in your house. If living there
without it isn’t pleasant for you, do what you can to make it so. Right now,
in the very early stages of a Depression, most people are able to work out
a deal with the power company, to put it on a credit card. That will not
last forever - the credit will dry up and the ability to get funds will too.

·
Student/Teacher
164 Posts
The government has to scare us and bring us down low enough that we will except the loose of our sovereign rights and join the north american union, then full global (anti-christ system) control.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Winter would certainly do it.

Shut off all utilities. Imagine how many people would die.
I've got enough firewood stacked up to feed my woodstove til springtime. I can't keep the whole house toasty warm, but I can seal off the upstairs and make it through just fine. I'd just have to fend off any firewood scavenging zombies.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Here in this part of the north it is colder earlier this year.
Our main heating here is heating oil. I'll tell you there was a lot of oil stolen last winter.
Not just a few gallons, 300 gallon tanks drained dry.
I see that happening again this year.
Their are business' here that use to struggle and stay open all winter, this year they closed the doors October 1 st.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I never thought about that, but I guess cold hungry and dsperate people would be easier to manipulate by giving them little treats in exchange for some liberties.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts