Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Krink out the range and immediately saw my rounds were hitting far right of my POI.

This is with my barrel extension on it, I do not have it registered as an SBR, so the fake can will have to due for now.

I've only shot this about 4 times in the couple years so I can't recall if it was an issue before.

Do you think the fake can is affecting the windage? I cranked the windage drum as far left as possible and now my rounds hit on target no issue.

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
Took my Krink out the range and immediately saw my rounds were hitting far right of my POI.

This is with my barrel extension on it, I do not have it registered as an SBR, so the fake can will have to due for now.

I've only shot this about 4 times in the couple years so I can't recall if it was an issue before.

Do you think the fake can is affecting the windage? I cranked the windage drum as far left as possible and now my rounds hit on target no issue.
what distance are you shooting at? improper triger squeeze will throw your rounds either to the right or left and improper breathing will throw em up or down

but the can could be effecting it

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
just 50 & 100 yards...how exactly would the can affect it?
not sure and at 50 yards it wouldnt really be noticable i wouldnt think stuff like that only comes into play at further distances

id say your sights are prol off are you able to make adjustments to them other than the windage knob?

might be worth getting a drift and a mallet and tapping your sight over ever so slightly

how far right were you hitting off your POA

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
even at 50, rounds were impacting 3-4 inches from POI which makes me think it's either an issue w/ the can or the actual sight mount.

i've adjusted the elevation no problem.

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
even at 50, rounds were impacting 3-4 inches from POI which makes me think it's either an issue w/ the can or the actual sight mount.

i've adjusted the elevation no problem.
just fyi POI is point of impact POA is point of aim:thumb:

how is the can attached? i would assume its probbably pinned on or some other way permanently affixed

and it realy shouldnt be an issue

i would say if its 3-4 inches difference its one of two things

bad sight picture

or the sights needs adjusting

that said krinkovs have a very short sight radius so they are naturally not going to be the most accurate thing in the first place

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my bad...meant POA, still half asleep :sleep:

The can is blind pinned and affixed with loctite.

i think I'll head out to the range again and see if it's still an issue, maybe it was just a fluke...who knows.

BTW I see you live in NC? Can you suggest any good ranges around here? Just moved up from FLA

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
my bad...meant POA, still half asleep :sleep:

The can is blind pinned and affixed with loctite.

i think I'll head out to the range again and see if it's still an issue, maybe it was just a fluke...who knows.

BTW I see you live in NC? Can you suggest any good ranges around here? Just moved up from FLA
what part of nc you in ? i shoot mostly in my backyard wich is 100m and if i need further my friend has a 600m range anything further than thats hard to find but there a few1000m ranges around i forget where tho

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in Raleigh, dead center.

I'd hope next year I'll have my own backyard for shooting in the meantime I need to find a range.

In FL they have open ranges run by the Forest Service that are free and have no RO's...nice to shoot at and do tach drills without being yelled at. Is there anything like that around here?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts