Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Asphalt Survivalist
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have been off for a while. I need an opinion.( yes I know every one has one). I am considering buying a wind tubine. I am not going into the basics of it. My belief is based on my wind location that it has a payback and of course in the event of a collapse it will generate electricity. So My dilema is...

What will a hundred ft tower with turbine attach do to my opsec. I am buggin in. i am rural but w/i 50 miles of a major city. I am not buggin out short of something that causes mass exodus.

I am going grid tie now but in the event of a total power failure I am sure i can reconnect to a battery system and inverter. Yes i will pre-stage that.

I can't run to the mountains. I don't have a retreat. However, i am ready to spend a lot of money on something that is a commodity if the SHTF.

Yes I know I would have to defend it. This leads me to the thought that a 100 ft tower is a beacon to those who would try to take.

ANy way Looking for opinions.

I think it is good idea for many many bad day sceanios up to a total breakdown of society.

THX.

·
On Twitter @liamkfisher
428 Posts
So, don't deploy the turbine until the immediate/die-off/exodus is over. Once the population moves away, the you can deploy the turbine and enjoy your electricity. Keep the pole, guy lines, etc. hidden away and live without electricity until the danger passes and your area enters rebuild mode Ultimately, anything you have will potentially be a beacon -- livestock, solar panels, garden, etc.

·
Sam Adams was right....
9,381 Posts
if you have good wind.. can you locate the turbine in a less conspicuous area.. like in a mountain/hill pass, and at a lower height? Or is your property all flat and 100% susceptible to "line of sight" visibility?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Also try one of the vertical style wind turbines ,work with low amt wind ,don't need to be as high, easier on the eyes too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts