Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Welcome to the rice field
1,606 Posts
The only difference between it and the regular Winchester buckshot is color. I found a good deal on it at a gunshow and bought 100rds. It's nothing special, but it gets the job done. You're paying extra just for the color.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
There was an interesting post here a while ago. A G.I. Posted a photo of the actual shotgun ammo the army gives them. He said it came in 175 round cans. It was virtually identical to the red hull ammo Winchester sells at Wal-Mart. The red hull and the ammo shown in that photo have pretty much identical stats to the military load... As said only noticeable difference being the color of the hull.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'll probably be picking some up soon. Might have to wait for a sale for the most bang for my buck.

·
Human bean of planet Urf
4,862 Posts
The only difference between it and the regular Winchester buckshot is color.
That's like saying "there is no diff between my brass insignia and my subdued insignia except the color." The color is the entire point. That's why c-ration cans and mre pouches and bdu's are what they are, too. You're paying 4 cents more per round to not be seen so easily. That is the entire point.

rich

·
Welcome to the rice field
1,606 Posts
That's like saying "there is no diff between my brass insignia and my subdued insignia except the color." The color is the entire point. That's why c-ration cans and mre pouches and bdu's are what they are, too. You're paying 4 cents more per round to not be seen so easily. That is the entire point.
rich
You're right. The brass will clash with my rambo costume. What was I thinking? $249.99 for 250rds of Super X in tacticool color is not a good deal. You can do better for less. I picked up 100rds for $60 or I wouldn't have bought it.

Here's a good review on the stuff.
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=224340&hilit=MG+Buck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts