Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know whether or not Winchester ever made a vent rib barrel for the Defender shotguns with a full length mag tube?

Or should I just look for someone to move the lug on another barrel?

·
Banned
4,069 Posts
How versatile are the Model 1300 barrels? Will they fit earlier or different models?

The Model 1300 barrels will fit Model 1200 receivers, but 1200 barrels will not fit a Model 1300. Model 1400 barrels will not interchange with Models 1200 or 1300 barrels.
The Model 1300 Defender barrels will not interchange with the 1300 Field models and viceversa.

I believe they only made beaded sights for the Defender model

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How versatile are the Model 1300 barrels? Will they fit earlier or different models?

The Model 1300 barrels will fit Model 1200 receivers, but 1200 barrels will not fit a Model 1300. Model 1400 barrels will not interchange with Models 1200 or 1300 barrels.
The Model 1300 Defender barrels will not interchange with the 1300 Field models and viceversa.

I never completely understood the difference between the 1200 and the 1300, nor why the barrels weren't interchangeable......but I've only had the gun about a month and a half.

What is obvious though, is the location of the mounting lug, which should be relatively east to have relocated.

Just don't want to waste time looking for something that never existed.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That ain't a bad idea, and easy enough to do.

My SLP has one and it works fine.

Only snags would be the ball detent for the cap, I suppose a +1 extension and a clamp would work. The detent might be easy too, I'm going to have to look into that some more.

Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts