Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone own/shoot one. I am thinking about the purchase of a nickel plated version with walnut stock for $400.00..even the receiver is stainless/nickel plated. any comments is appreciated.thx and happy new year!

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
Don't listen to dirtydog....get the nickle one( they're better around water).. I've had one for years....they're great and they just get better with use.:thumb:

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
A buddy of mine who has a boat in the harbor has one. I think it's a 1200 though. Nice gun. Slick action. They have kind of a weird ejection system but I don't know of any reliability issues.

·
Wilddieb
2,249 Posts
anyone own/shoot one. I am thinking about the purchase of a nickel plated version with walnut stock for $400.00..even the receiver is stainless/nickel plated. any comments is appreciated.thx and happy new year!
As a real foul weather shotgun I personally would prefer a "plastic" stock...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thx for input

I dont buy shiny weapons.
Dirtydog,
i thanked u only because u have never been thanked.lol.. i know its shiny, but what a beautiful shine, and i heard from the folks in Katrina, the only arms that did not rust were glocks and stainless winchesters..Thanks for the reply.

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
Dirtydog,
i thanked u only because u have never been thanked.lol.. i know its shiny, but what a beautiful shine, and i heard from the folks in Katina, the only arms that did not rust were glocks and stainless winchesters..Thanks for the reply.
Uhhhh, that means he's never thanked anyone....he's been thanked a couple a hundred times......some folks are just that way, I guess.:rolleyes: It says he's in Florida, but I bet he's not from here....we're not raised that way.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh oh, my bad..sorry d-dog,
its all in good taste, i appreciate the replys..the gun is awesome made in 1982, can't wait to get to the range..
thank you!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the barrel does not look rifled, can i still use it to hunt with slugs/OO Buckshot, say up to 100 yards?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
just picked it up today, all nickle plated over stainless, made in 1982..pix is not my shotgun, but looks just like it..speed pump action is so smooth! going to give it a good cleaning and then out to the range..thx for reply

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you are on water or around water can't beat stainless. I know I have lived on boats and worked on them for a number of years. Fog on water is also bad and it will cause rust about as bad as anything. I would not hesitate to recommend if you are going to be around water. If not the gun is still a nice weapon.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
glad to see another Winchester defense gun user .... I have no problem with Remingtons, have several of them also .... but can never will understand the reluctance or objections to Winchesters for defense .... I'll take a 1200 or 1300 over a Mossberg 500 any day of the week ....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts