Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was discussing this with a friend of mine. While he feels Monkeypox is a nothing event, he raised an interesting point I hadn't considered previously.

With the primary vaccine for MP being the existing Smallpox vaccine, is it worth getting vaccinated to have some level of protection against actual Smallpox? Thoughts?

It's a moot point for me as I'm not eligible. But it's an interesting premise & I can see the possible wisdom in getting it, especially given vaccination for Smallpox isn't easily accessible.

ETA:

Just to clarify -
I'm not asking about getting it directly for Monkey Pox - honestly I have no desire to get into the Monkey Pox debate yet again on things nor to have the mods have to deal with the inevitable issues from that conversation. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if it's primarily in whatever group or not which is why my question didn't mention that.

I'm asking if mass vaccination for Monkey Pox is offered, will folks here will be considering getting it AS A PREP FOR SMALLPOX, given it's not on the normal routine & extremely hard to get otherwise.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Been reading and watching videos about Monkey Pox. A high percentage of those infected are of the LBGT variety. Some articles said 99%.

The global monkeypox outbreak appears to mostly affect men who have sex with other men. A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine found that 98% of people diagnosed with the virus between April and June in more than a dozen countries identify as gay or bisexual men, and the WHO says that 99% of U.S. cases are related to male-to-male sexual contact.
As monkeypox spreads, know the difference between warning and stigmatizing people

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been reading and watching videos about Monkey Pox. A high percentage of those infected are of the LBGT variety. Some articles said 99%.

As monkeypox spreads, know the difference between warning and stigmatizing people
I'm not asking about getting it directly for Monkey Pox - honestly I have no desire to get into that debate yet again on things nor to have the mods have to deal with the inevitable issues from that conversation. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if it's primarily in whatever group or not which is why my question didn't mention that.

I'm asking if mass vaccination for Monkey Pox is offered, will folks here will be considering getting it AS A PREP FOR SMALLPOX, given it's not on the normal routine & extremely hard to get otherwise.

·
Dog Lives Matter
8,554 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been vaxed 3 times for smallpox 2times as a kid once in military.

Before I do it I would want to get the specs on the injection, when created, who controls it, and a waiting period for the front runners.

If its something new a big I will wait, if its anything to do with mRNA a big NOPE
As far as I've been told by my Doctor, the default is the 2000 military version Smallpox vaccine. Old school, no mRNA & used for the last 20 years by military. A small percentage of folks not able to get that due to medical reasons will get a newer Monkeypox only vaccine that doesn't have the risks of the smallpox one.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
After being lied to and coerced repeatedly over the last few years on the topic of vaccines, my immediate reaction to any and all of them now is to tell the purveyor to get away from me or be shot. I am not in any way at risk of "pink sock pox" in its current form in any case.

·
Wrong Side of Heaven
5,135 Posts
As far as I've been told by my Doctor, the default is the 2000 military version Smallpox vaccine. Old school, no mRNA & used for the last 20 years by military. A small percentage of folks not able to get that due to medical reasons will get a newer Monkeypox only vaccine that doesn't have the risks of the smallpox one.
Then definite no to the newer monkeypox one, I would contemplate the smallpox one as a booster for what may come but still only after much more research. My susceptibility to a new outbreak of smallpox as all things wane would be part of my scales

·
Bug-In Prepper
2,115 Posts
Maybe? It did occur to me that it would be nice to get vaccinated against smallpox, as OP suggests, but I'm not going to jump into anything.

We're still isolating and observing strict pandemic precautions, so the coronavirus doesn't kill my immune-compromised wife, and that makes me not much worried about MP. That gives me the luxury of time to sit back, observe, and mull our options.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Was discussing this with a friend of mine. While he feels Monkeypox is a nothing event, he raised an interesting point I hadn't considered previously.

With the primary vaccine for MP being the existing Smallpox vaccine, is it worth getting vaccinated to have some level of protection against actual Smallpox? Thoughts?

It's a moot point for me as I'm not eligible. But it's an interesting premise & I can see the possible wisdom in getting it, especially given vaccination for Smallpox isn't easily accessible.

ETA:

Just to clarify -
I'm not asking about getting it directly for Monkey Pox - honestly I have no desire to get into the Monkey Pox debate yet again on things nor to have the mods have to deal with the inevitable issues from that conversation. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if it's primarily in whatever group or not which is why my question didn't mention that.

I might have a few years ago. But after the fiasco of the last couple years... no way. Too FEMA death campish for me. I saw those movies and it did NOT work out well.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
In all honesty, given the outright fraud that the medical establishment has engaged in over the course of the past year with regards to the Covid-19 vaccine, I doubt that I'll be taking ANY vaccines going forward with two possible exceptions: getting my Tetnaus booster so that I'm protected going forward and the Rabies series if I'm bitten by a suspect animal. I certainly won't be taking anything using mRNA technology, period.

·
Registered
372 Posts

ETA:

Just to clarify -

Yes. One of my best friends is my County Health Officer, so if she says to, I will.

·
Daughter OfThe Revolution
Not enough
33,717 Posts

ETA:

Just to clarify -

“I'm asking if mass vaccination for Monkey Pox is offered, will folks here will be considering getting it AS A PREP FOR SMALLPOX, given it's not on the normal routine & extremely hard to get otherwise.”

No. like alternative treatments for covid (ivermectin, Hydroxychloroquine, vitamins) I’ll look for alternatives to a Vax created by fascists and tyrants.

Like some others have expressed, after the last two years of criminal fraud, I doubt I’ll ever take another vaccine.

1 - 20 of 219 Posts