Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the present economic crash will lower gun prices, raise them or have no impact at all. Any thoughts or predictions?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gun prices in 2 months from now will probably reflect current prices, ammo prices will climb slowly.

Let’s be real. Most people who are prepared to some degree have a firearm or thirty... I’d guess people who aren’t prepared probably have less then 100 rounds total of ammunition chambered in no specific cartridge.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
One of my wholesale suppliers just sent out an email saying there is an odd rush on mags and drums this year. Korean made Glock mags are going up in price due to high sales.

Followed by an email that they are now out of Korean glock mags so some bigger sellers or a lot of normal buyers think stocking up is a good idea.

If I had to guess cheap sub 300 dollar guns are going to be popular buys but they are probably only going to buy a spare mag and a few boxes of ammo to go with it.

Makes no difference to me I don't need to buy more and I am sure not selling.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
It's the perfect storm right now, and for the rest of the year. Between the Coronavirus stuff, and market fluctuations and then throw in Presidential election year, things are going to go up and depending on how things shake out the rest of the year, they may or may not come back down.
+1 on your comments.

JMHO - Since it's an election year, buying gun and ammo manufacturers stocks at their current prices now will pay off for all in late November, regardless who wins the Presidency.

For what it is worth, just remember not to be greedy. "Bulls get paid, and Bears get paid, but Pigs will always be slaughtered."

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,577 Posts
The above posts are more than enough reason to buy now

I think the election will have a greater impact especially if the WRONG guy gets elected!

Things don't necessarily get cheaper as supply and demand takes the greatest precedence (e.g. toilet paper right now)

·
Always Loaded
2,308 Posts
The rush has already begun, for sure. I picked up two things last week, and the online 4473 check took almost 40 minutes. They usually take about 2 minutes. My FFL buddy said all of his suppliers are already selling out of all common caliber ammo. 9MM, .22, 5.56 ect, and the dealers are all trying to grab up on it.

·
Republic of Texas
1,218 Posts
The rush has already begun, for sure. I picked up two things last week, and the online 4473 check took almost 40 minutes. They usually take about 2 minutes. My FFL buddy said all of his suppliers are already selling out of all common caliber ammo. 9MM, .22, 5.56 ect, and the dealers are all trying to grab up on it.
This. March 5 my hubby bought me my anniversary gift at Academy. We were two of about 10 people at Academy for a firearm at like 8:30 pm. All different types of people including a mom with a baby stroller.

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,654 Posts
This. March 5 my hubby bought me my anniversary gift at Academy. We were two of about 10 people at Academy for a firearm at like 8:30 pm. All different types of people including a mom with a baby stroller.
I went for toilet paper on Tuesday and it was stacked to the ceiling. Today is different.

My goto LGS had lines to the back of the store last night before closing. People were taking out cart loads of ammo. (prices were stable.)

Normally, when tension gets high, church attendance goes up, but around here almost all of the churches are closed/online. This week should be interesting.

sidebar: my local Wally World buddy told me that he hasn't receive any ammo shipments in weeks. (They still sell rimfire and hunting ammo, as well as shotgun.) The case and shelves were pretty much depleted, mostly odd ball stuff and Winchester rimfire products.

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,654 Posts
I'm heading out to get 12-gauge ammo in a bit, will report back later. I expect they may be low on some things.
Heard that some of the LGS's around here are running low or out. Meanwhile Wally World was a bit low but still had some 12 and 20 and .410 and no limits.

·
Premium Member
12,146 Posts
I walk in my LGS yesterday and business was brisk, I managed to scrounge an NOS box of .44/300gr HP's for $5 :thumb:

Vegas has a little known ordinance shutting down firearms and ammunition sales in event of an declared emergancy. I've never seen it used yet but it's there. I suspect those who have what they need in consumables are starting to restock ammunition and purchasing what they may think are last chance to buy 'that' certain firearm for awhile......

·
Registered
60 Posts
Crash? What crash? You mean a stock market correction? Yea, that will happen because it had to. If the correction caught you off guard, you don't belong in the stock market. The only supply and price increases that will happen is in ass wipe. Oh, that's already happening..... Guns and ammo shortages and price increases will happen as long as people keep talking about it on internet forums. Keep quiet, quit banging away with nonsense on your keyboard, it won't happen. The last great ammo shortage was caused by people talking about it, and idiots started hording. Keep quiet.

·
Premium Member
12,146 Posts
Just when't by two LGS this afternoon and it's being cleared of everything....

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
First place, all 12 gauge wiped out. ONE person came in and bought it all. Next place, no bulk at all. Got some 7.5 target and some #2 buck. They were doing a brisk business overall, shop has a great rep. Third place, more target stuff and got some 3" shells of something too expensive.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts