Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Eh kay vs eh are dood!
3,304 Posts
You will need a handguard retaining plate. I'm assuming you are doing a conversion?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Better watch out, without the butt stock and forearm covers being American made you may not be 922r compliant.
Thanks

I don't lose sleep over 922r compliance though. In fact, i'm not sure it would really hold up to much scrutiny. It relies on a section of code from the sunsetted awb that is no longer part of the law. Furthermore, the only people that WERE convicted were importers that were warned first. Further furthermore 922r prohibits manufacture of the firearm not possession.

That said, i prefer to keep my firearms within compliance for the purpose of resaleability.

·
fallen from grace
377 Posts
moreover i wondered if the tapco saiga forearm would fit my nmh91 would like to have longer forearm, would be more comfortable reach for me

·
Banned
1,388 Posts
Yes it will fit fine. But I would also suggest ironwood. Or a K-var stock set if you are looking for plastic.

You will need a lower hand guard retainer and a new gas tube with retainer.

Gas tubes go for around $30 or so and you can order a lower handguard reatiner from brownells for like $25. There are other bolt on reatiners from dinzag, carolina shooters supply, etc. But those are expensive for what you get.

Either way you will need to fit the retainer to your barrel via drimmel tool or hand file. All you have to do is line up the retainer with the lower on. Make a mark where the retainer screw/pin will go. Then make your cut. Go slow and take your time. Making sure to check fitment and alignment. You only get one shot at it so be carefull.

I'm about to do the same when I can settle on a stock set. I still can't deside between a wood stock set or going metal and plastic.

Hope it turns out alright for you.

OH! and we are going to have to see some pictures when you are done:D:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts