Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Fisherman
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else wondered that in the next four years, Obama reduces spending on missles, reduces spending on future combat technologys, and wants to take our nuclear missles off alert, and weaken our military, LIKE HE SAID HE WILL,
And while in the FOUR years he's in office everything might get better for America, ( create jobs, fix economy, health care, etc )
All while our military is getting WEAKENED.
Then he finishes his term, the S will really HTF because we will be vunurable.
Does anyone else think this is possible.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
A strong military depends on the economy of the country it defends. Look at the military in the USSR toward the end; a lot of the soldiers weren't getting paid regularly because the country was going to heck economically. How loyal do you expect they were?

How many pie-in-the-sky weapons do we need to fund before we start working on what soldiers really need, like good armor [the military's is so deficient in quality that people have held bake sales to buy the good commercial stuff for their kids, so the military bans the good stuff, and the military stuff is so poorly designed that a lot of deaths are due to its design deficiencies]? It gets to the point where we spend and spend and spend and billions ends up wasted, surplussed in warehouses, or frittered away on things like Star Wars. Look at the military spending money on weapons for crowd control; do you want them spending on that?

Look at our military now, taking in people who are questionable at best and criminals at worst. Do you want our military to be a career to encourage our youth to pursue, or is it only for 'those people' with rap sheets or who can't read? Who put the military in the position of having to take in that sort of offal, and who's put people on extended tours of duty with no relief and without proper armor and weapons? Who's spent a great deal of time cutting veteran's benefits, overseeing the mess at Walter Reed and rewarding the man in charge with a promotion? One hint: it wasn't a Democrat.

Republicans regularly vote down increases in military benefits; Democrats like Murtha and Webb fight for better benefits for vets and current military.

If you think Obama's so bad for the military, why did he get more donations from the military, all four branches and the National Guard, than any other candidate, including Ron Paul? Do you really think they would vote for someone who would shoot them in the back?

·
Registered
18,817 Posts
The military suffers no matter what party is in office. I was raised a military brat. My Dad enlisted in 57, did a couple of tours in VN, and retired in 1977 with 20 years in. My husband is in the military, he's going to be up for retirement in a couple of years. So I'm not just talking out of my hat.

A lot of the guys in the military are quite young. They have no memory of what the military was like during the Clinton years. So they have no experience to base their judgement on.

Frankly for all the chest pounding among civilians about supporting their troops blah, blah, blah..the only support I've ever seen are those nifty little magnet stickers on suvs. Being on the neighborhood watch and being the block captain, I know the majority of my neighbors, they know me and they know my husband is in the military. When my husband was on deployment, not one of them, and I mean not one single person ever asked me if I needed help with ANYTHING. Neither democrat or republican.

·
I travel light
2,018 Posts
The only attack you USA could suffer perhaps will come from your own politicians trying a coup detat. There´s a hidden agenda for a global government made by financial / political / military elites and Obama perhaps is part of it.

·
Sum Liber
2,193 Posts
Agreed.

I hate to break this to y'all, but Iraq was never a threat, and neither was Afghanistan.

The nations themselves... didn't have **** all to do with anything that goes on here. Except for opium and oil, of course.

So no, we're not going to be more vulnerable, because we never were vulnerable.

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
Has anyone else wondered that in the next four years, Obama reduces spending on missles, reduces spending on future combat technologys, and wants to take our nuclear missles off alert, and weaken our military, LIKE HE SAID HE WILL,
And while in the FOUR years he's in office everything might get better for America, ( create jobs, fix economy, health care, etc )
All while our military is getting WEAKENED.
Then he finishes his term, the S will really HTF because we will be vunurable.
Does anyone else think this is possible.
9/11-fake, subsequently Afghanistan war-fake threat, war in Iraq- fake threat.

There is no threat to the US other than the threat of assimilation into a global oligarchy that has been in the works for a long time.

·
Young Blood
2,676 Posts
YESSSS!!! really now thats an obvious question

·
Suspect Everyone
225 Posts
Of course he will - on purpose!

Haven't you listened to him and his wife? They hate the country. They want to socialize and become like Europe. What is the best way to do that? Big government. And how do you get the sheep to follow the big government? You give them a reason to need it.

He will devise a plan to allow some kind of major crisis, blame it on the repubs, and get people living in fear and running to the gov't for help. Once he has them wanting big gov't, he can do as he pleases and they will go along with it.

Just watch. By April something will happen and his plan will be in full swing.

·
Banned
317 Posts
Like I said before........"WE" created those who we now call "terrorists".......before 911 there was not such a thing in this country, to the contrary, they all came to the US in search of liberty and or freedom.

Because Obama wants to talk to all those that Bush wants to make our enemies I believe that there will be less of chance of a "terrorist" attack........if there is such an attack it will be a "false flag attack" coming either before Obama takes over in order for Bush to become "king George" of by the state of Israel to show the US that the Arabs are our enemies.

Remember folks that we invaded Iraq by using false information in just about everything that Bush told us.

Where Bush declared himself the "WAR PRESIDENT" I see president to be Obama as the "PEACE PRESIDENT".

Don't give up hopes with all the propaganda that you keep hearing and give him a chance..........

·
Registered
7 Posts
who said that obama was going to reduce military spending?

here he is in his own words from his book....

"We need to maintain a strategic force posture that allows us to manage threats posed by rogue nations like North Korea and Iran, and to meet the challenges presented by potential rivals like China," he writes. "Indeed, given the depletion of our forces after the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, we will probably need a somewhat higher budget in the intermediate future just to restore readiness and replace equipment."

he has stated that he will increase troops in afghanistan. and into pakistan if needed. (http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3458915 )

you folks that buy his anti-war stance just havn't been reading what he is actually saying.

he is pro-war, pro-military industrial complex. how do you think he got elected?

it's time to start realizing what is really going on here.

·
Banned
317 Posts
You don't make war with those with whom you want to have peace with, and like Obama said "I will talk to all those who believes that they are our enemies".....

The way to cut the military budget would be to make peace with everyone and pull back our toops..........it is the object of an army is to "keep the peace" and not for war, with war only being the last solution.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Who on earth would want to attack you?
Of course we all know about AlQaida and they are a real threat to the entire western world. However I wouldn't consider them a very big threat, more like a lingering nuisence that sometimes are lucky and cause many deaths. They will never be able to bring the western world down as they want though. Only we can do that, and unfortunately I fear that we have been going down that road for some time..

But a military threat to the US? Someone that would attack the US out of the blue. No way! There is no country with leaders that insane and incompetent! Not even Iran, with or without nukes!

Only we can bring down the western world and everything we believe in. They don't have the power..

·
The Punisher
1,607 Posts
Hell, since this is in controversial news and politics, might as well throw this out. Obama's 4 years brings us to the supposed end of the Mayan calendar in 2012, what's not to like?:D: Armageddon......yes we can!

·
Banned
317 Posts
BIKERROB? what "new" problems do you foresee with Obama........asking now about new problems and not the old ones that I know will come back to bite us on the rear end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
He want's to disarm this country for easy take over, limit our military capabilities & force his religious believes on others

1 - 20 of 27 Posts