Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im really into camping and kayaking...and i was wondering what would be a good homemade survival kit that is small enough to fit in my kayak...thanx nick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
im really into camping and kayaking...and i was wondering what would be a good homemade survival kit that is small enough to fit in my kayak...thanx nick

·
Numquam Succumbe
4,173 Posts
Anything waterproof that fulfills these basic needs:

Fire
Food
Water
Shelter
Hygiene/First Aid

...Waterproof being the key word there. Also, look into carrying one of those "oh crap I'm in trouble" GPS locator thingies. I forget what they're called :thumb:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've taken a few different things over the years for a canoe/kayak kit. I've had them in small buckets w/lids, old ammo cans, dry bags and boxes. Mine is currently in an ammo can that is watertight but still goes in a dry bag with some extra clothes.

Warm weather it's kinda light, firestarter, first aid, a few watertight food items and some ponchos. Cold weather I take a larger dry bag with a full set of backup warm clothes (some of the warmest I've got) , more substantial food with a small stove to make tea/instant items over, space blankets and a tarp. I don't need to worry about a fishing kit because I'm always fishing out of my kayak:D:

·
Registered
184 Posts
good knife,blast match for fire,water filter/purifi tablets some 550 paracord
hankerchief,motel style bar soap,mini flashlight led, dry socks fishing kit hooks sinkers bobbers fishing line

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
One of the most important items is often over looked. Talking about a float/trip plan with someone you trust. This is really important if you paddle off the beaten path. Exposure will kill you before you die of thirst or starvation. gear your kit to deal with this then hydration followed by food.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Bunch of food bars, water, shelter, inflatable vest, light clothing, folding knife/steel, wire saw, water filter, .22 handgun and ammo, locator beacon, paracord, notebook, disposable WP camera and a good FAK. I would keep it in a small WP boat bag.

·
Survivalist Electrician
614 Posts
What do you guys think of my set up for a small survival bag?
1.) Small dry bag
2.) Mini bic lighter, Firesteel
3.) Eskabar neck knife in sheath
4.) 4 Cliff bars
5.) 25 ft paracord
6.) Vile of chlorine
7.) Space blanket
8.) Wool toboggan
9.) Small streamlight flashlight
10.) Cell phone

All items are in ziploc bags inside of the dry bag.

Attached to my PFD is a dive knife (for the rust resistance), my water bottle, and a strobe light.

Here's to reviving a very old thread!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts