Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Interesting Fellow
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm listening to all this prophecy crap and i'm just putting scenarios through my head, one of the things I haven't considered is controlling diseases. My question is WHY does it occur in poverty, I know that sounds like a stupid question but what I mean is - what exactly is it that makes one in poverty prone to disease. Malnutrition? That would make sense. Hygiene?

What other factors am I forgetting, let's think here - if America gets hit economically which it will, this is gonna be a big problem.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Definitely malnutrition. Definitely hygene. Those are just a few factors.

In urban scenarios, the poor are generally more heavily concentrated in terms of living space. Communicable diseases spread more readily, and more quickly. Money isn't available for upkeep of the community, which means waste material isn't carried away, disease vectors (rats, lice, mosquitos, etc) aren't controlled, etc. The lack of preventative medical care allows the sick to continue to infect the rest of the population.

I could go on & on. There are many interrelated reasons disease thrives in poverty-stricken areas.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I'm listening to all this prophecy crap and i'm just putting scenarios through my head, one of the things I haven't considered is controlling diseases. My question is WHY does it occur in poverty, I know that sounds like a stupid question but what I mean is - what exactly is it that makes one in poverty prone to disease. Malnutrition? That would make sense. Hygiene?

What other factors am I forgetting, let's think here - if America gets hit economically which it will, this is gonna be a big problem.
Hygeine is a BIG one. One of THE best preventatives of disease is washing ones hands. In areas where running water and soap are scarce- you can see the problem.... Malnutrition contributes to a supressed immune system. They also often face a lack of understanding of quarantine protocols and access to medical care/medicines...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts