Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Today's Survival Show
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No matter what you say, whether you're innocent or not, you should NEVER talk to the police. Something will incriminate you and many people are afraid to envoke their 5th ammendment right. But I've listened to a very informative speech by 2 people, Law Professor James Duane and Law Enforcement Office George Bruch. They've done a great job of explaining from both perspectives, why it's never a good idea to talk when being interviewed or questioned. Listen to their presentations and you make your own decision, but I no know why I won't be talking. (Hope I'm never in that position though.) Even if you get a speeding ticket...shut up.

·
Shield Up Sword Drawn
2,960 Posts
No matter what you say, whether you're innocent or not, you should NEVER talk to the police. Something will incriminate you and many people are afraid to envoke their 5th ammendment right. But I've listened to a very informative speech by 2 people, Law Professor James Duane and Law Enforcement Office George Bruch. They've done a great job of explaining from both perspectives, why it's never a good idea to talk when being interviewed or questioned. Listen to their presentations and you make your own decision, but I no know why I won't be talking. (Hope I'm never in that position though.) Even if you get a speeding ticket...shut up.

I would like to exercise my constitutionally protected rights at all times.

Am I under arrest?

Am I free to go?

·
3,649 Posts
With all due respect, I did not intend to start a cop bashing thread. Rather, to simply remind people of the rights they have under the great Constitution we have. I'm thankful for Police officers and wish we had more of them.
i am sure you had good intentions, but these threads always seem to turn into how "the cops" did "something" to "someone" and then it rolls down hill from there. i don't know if you are aware of this but there is sticky thread at the top of this forum dealing with this.

sorry man i am not trying to be rude, it's just, well i dont know, i give up.

·
Happy to be here!
4,922 Posts
This isn't the first time this has been posted. What's deeply disturbing about the idea being pushed, is the fact that morality is being directly attacked. The concept being, EVEN IF YOU ARE GUILTY AS HELL, NEVER ADMIT ANYTHING, AND FIGHT IT. Think about that. Is that something you would want taught to your kids? Bottom line, it's morally wrong and a disturbing direction our country has recently taken.

For me, If I believe I'm innocent, I would STFU and get a lawyer. If I knew I screwed up, I’d like to think I have the balls to admit it and take my punishment like a man.

·
angel waiting
4,071 Posts
This isn't the first time this has been posted. What's deeply disturbing about the idea being pushed, is the fact that morality is being directly attacked. The concept being, EVEN IF YOU ARE GUILTY AS HELL, NEVER ADMIT ANYTHING, AND FIGHT IT. Think about that. Is that something you would want taught to your kids? Bottom line, it's morally wrong and a disturbing direction our country has recently taken.

For me, If I believe I'm innocent, I would STFU and get a lawyer. If I knew I screwed up, I’d like to think I have the balls to admit it and take my punishment like a man.
This is so true and sad because Will you my friend are one of a few in a dieing breed of honest men or women.

·
Banned
206 Posts
I disagree some what for the little things.

I was at the park a month ago lighting fires in public. Now this was for my photography project for school. Some ******* called the cops on me. Probably an hour later after I took the photos and we all were playing basketball a cop started driving on the field headed t words us. We saw em but pretended to ignore them. The cop pulled up and told us that someone reported that we were starting fires. I explained to him that it was for a photography project and I did all of it on the basketball court and it was a controlled fire. The cop just said "All right, just be careful." and got back in his car and drove off. We went back to playing basketball having a good time. It was quick and simple.

Of course park fires are nothing compared to lets saying having shot a man who broke into your house but the thread title was why you should never.

·
Registered
218 Posts
That was a great YouTube series of videos. Very interesting that the detective comes right out and says "don't talk to us without a lawyer."

Look at what happened to Tiger Woods. He shut his mouth and only ended up with a ticket and four points.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts