Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Power of III
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Major intersection in Memphis shut down yesterday for almost 12 hours after gasoline tanker truck carrying 6000 gallons of gasoline overturned:

http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=9945646

Took some people only going a few miles over 2 hours to get there. I guess I think about this a lot as a mom that has had little ones in the car often - not only from a keeping snacks and portable potty standpoint, but we also keep a trauma kit, first aid kit, masks, fire extinguisher and many other items - you obviously never know when you might need them!

Reactions: Halkon

·
PreparationInBubbaNation
2,503 Posts
You need to figure out where your RR tracks are, we live a few blocks from a RR track.

Trains derail, sometimes they hit cars, you need to know if you are upwind or down and how to go around roads that may be blocked by RR crossings

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
24,151 Posts
I'm just glad I always take the south leg...

having preps in your car is always a good thing. I have a case of bottled water, emergency blankets, tools, some beef jerky, peanuts, knives, flashlights (hand crank kind), a CB, phone charger, fire extinguisher, and flares.

Another good thing to have when driving is the ability to fix your vehicle if it breaks down. I have in each of my trucks, a Haynes repair manual (complete tear down and rebuild of your specific vehicle, with pictures), a replacement S-belt, some emergency repair hoses, tools, fix a flat, and a four way lug wrench.

Having preps in your car is good for when you get stuck, but having the ability to get unstuck is also good...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts