Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
I always liked John Banner's hillarious Hogan's Heroes character, "Sgt. Schultz", and I happened to stumble across this great photo of him, so on a whim, I "borrowed" it.
I didn't use an avatar for a few years, but later tried a couple from a favorite movie, "Raising Arizona", including the pic of "The Lone Biker of the Apocalypse" (Tex Cobb) that long-time forum member Kahn has been using for a while now, as well as the prison mugshot pic of "H.I. McDonnough" (Nicholas Cage).
But both of these were small and lacking detail, and I scrapped them in favor of Sgt. Schultz.

·
Retired Army
6,259 Posts
Never thought about it much until I just saw this thread. I've had a photo of an American flag for years. It had the sun behind it and there was a glare like a cross in it. Made it look like God was watching over us. (Pretty sure he is, it's just that too many are turning their back on him these days.) So I saw this thread just now and thought I'd change up. I found the flag/Punisher photo on the internet a few days ago. Thought it was kinda cool so I saved it. I remember The Punisher was real popular when I was in Iraq. I'll bet 25% of all American vehicles (including mine) had a Punisher skull on them at the time. I'm still a big flag waver and think this country is not yet beyond saving... Cool combo, so I changed up.

·
On what date did kev sell
5,911 Posts
I think the avatars are important. They can be a glimpse into the poster.
I recognize most folks here by their avatar.

MIL DOT just wouldnt be MIL DOT without the avatar:thumb:
Same goes for tx flyer, juskom95, Ricekila, MikeK....

I dont like when folks change their avatar... It just messes with me.
I dont like when folks have the same avatar... Catpult and the other one with Data... messes with me.

Mine is a "nugget" into my life.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts