1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Oh look another one! In before the lock. :D:

Look its real simple. We have mods who have been doing a good job at closing BS trolling threads and keeping most threads on topic. They have also been handling members that violate the forums rules, not just FX but all members. Warnings and limited bans have been issued when necessary based on the Mods judgment not some public execution by popular demand for the equivalent of internet parking tickets.

Things you can do:
1. ignore a post that seems antagonistic
2. place a member that your really can't stand on your "ignore list"
3. Report a post that violates the forums rules. Every time you report a post that violates the forums rules a PM is sent to ALL mods. If its something thats deemed to be a real issue they'll handle it.

*BTW this kind of stuff should be taken to the private grievance section rather than posted open forum style. Your previous thread was locked for a reason.

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
I may have read your post wrong or missinterpreted it but personnaly I felt as tho your post was asking VIP memebers or those thinking of becomming VIP to withdraw any further funding or any future funding to the site... I personally thought your method of rallying others was inappropriate...( but thats just my opinion and you know what they say.....opinions are like buttholes.....everyone has one)...

while I have always enjoyed your input I never pegged you for someone to get so worked up over another persons posts.....

Sure FX may get under some peoples skin ya gotta keep in mind its the internet.....yeah I know ...everyone says that but ....its true

I always envied Americans patriotism and belief in their constitutional rights.......free speach is free speach....it may not be what ya wanna hear.... but its a constitutional right offered to all...

this is just my two cents and the way I see it......I surf this site everyday (almost) and try to take everyones comments good or bad with a grain of salt....

hope we can still be friends even tho I may not agree with ya

Tugger

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As if we control who reports things?
We have the power to do that?
Man, I need to get busy.
No I get this as a last worder then a thread lock. ???age???

1. ignore a post that seems antagonistic
2. place a member that your really can't stand on your "ignore list"
3. Report a post that violates the forums rules. Every time you report a post that violates the forums rules a PM is sent to ALL mods. If its something thats deemed to be a real issue they'll handle it.
1. Doesn't work he follows you into unrelated threads.
2. He lumps comments from several posters into one and someone quotes it you still end up seeing it.
3.Doing this one gets NO RESPONSE from the "mods" In fact you get told your lying about ever making the reported post.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure FX may get under some peoples skin ya gotta keep in mind its the internet.....yeah I know ...everyone says that but ....its true

I always envied Americans patriotism and belief in their constitutional rights.......free speach is free speach....it may not be what ya wanna hear.... but its a constitutional right offered to all...
I tried to agree with that until he just became a general pain in the arse and begins to follow you around in other threads.

Not to mention the warning I got for addressing him when he did the trolling and following. Then being told I never made any reports hahaha. I think FX is a plant of sorts or something. Since being here there have been lesser trolls banned for far less than he.

·
Founder
16,869 Posts
My thread which was well written was locked? Can not the members discuss other members who seem to cause strife?

LOCKED: http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=35790
I do not know "why" the thread was locked. But I can tell you this - a thread is only highjacked if the members allow it to be.

This thread was reported this evening - http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=35696

This is the exact post - http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?p=394197#post394197

FXJohn is accused of highjacking the thread.
The actual highjacker was
Its a good thing this didnt happen to the church obama attended. There would be riots in every major city.
It was really Some Dude that posted the first off topic reply. So if I take action against FX, I have to take action against Some Dude.

On the second post the threads topic goes from palin to obama, but FXJohn gets the blame??

If someone post something that is off topic - ignore it. If its off topic, it deserves its own thread.

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
I've gone all the way back to 0/1/08 in the Grievance and Security section. I still see not threads reported there.
Leif, if you reported something, tell me when and I will look again.
We act on complaints. Can't act if we don't get them.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I've gone all the way back to 0/1/08 in the Grievance and Security section. I still see not threads reported there.
So, when I use the "report post" feature I am wasting my time? I have reported several posts from FXJohn where he called me a racist or a nazi, but if you say nothing was ever reported, I must be misusing the "report post" feature built into this forum.

·
Behind Enemy Lines
776 Posts
If someone said they reported, you cannot say "no you didnt".
just because you claim to looking doesnt mean you may have over looked it.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where do the caution reporting messages go? Space? I made I don't know how many now they are all gone and have been called a liar now twice. Sorry it just don't add up.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, when I use the "report post" feature I am wasting my time? I have reported several posts from FXJohn where he called me a racist or a nazi, but if you say nothing was ever reported, I must be misusing the "report post" feature built into this forum.
I second that or third it or fourth that. I FORGOT HOW MANY I MADE on being called a nazi or racist or kkk anti semite or what ever else he says to stir the pot.

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
I just went through it for the third time.
If they go somewhere other than being posted in the Grievance and Security section, maybe Kev can shed some light on that.

That section can be posted in by anyone with a complaint. Can be read by the mods and the person who posted.

No one has called you a liar. I am telling you, there are no complaints that I can find posted in that section.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If they go somewhere other than being posted in the Grievance and Security section, maybe Kev can shed some light on that.

That section can be posted in by anyone with a complaint. Can be read by the mods and the person who posted.
Well if I knew the cautions were going to nowhere then I would have done just that and made a "grievance thread. Very sad...

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

Like I said, must be my mistake. I have not used the Grievance section, I have been clicking on the report post link (the ! in the triangle next to the post number).

·
Behind Enemy Lines
776 Posts
Shouldn't matter if you used the report post link or the Grievance. Both should get to the mods. If you NEED to go to the Grievance section, then that report post button is pointless. I've used it number of times with multiple failures.

Must not be operating. As its very apparent.

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
I just reported a post to see where it goes.
The email does go out to the mods saying a post has been reported.
It apparently does not automatically go into the Grievance and Security Section. So that's why there are no complaints evident there. And unless the mods keep the posts in their private email accounts (which I for one do not), there may not be a record of it on the board. Maybe Kev knows of a way to correct this.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.