Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
3221 - 3240 of 3276 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
To be fair, crypto on the surface looks super scammy. Can’t look back with 20/20 hindsight and feel bad about not taking advantage. We take the risks we’re comfortable with at the time. Seems obvious now, but we didn’t know what the future held at the time of $250 btc or $5 eth.

·
GrowingFromScratch.com
3,405 Posts
To be fair, crypto on the surface looks super scammy. Can’t look back with 20/20 hindsight and feel bad about not taking advantage. We take the risks we’re comfortable with at the time. Seems obvious now, but we didn’t know what the future held at the time of $250 btc or $5 eth.
Hindsight will drive you crazy, no doubt!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Looking like some good buying opportunities on the horizon. Most everything going down this morning. Hoping to get in on SOL after that last pump.

Trying to not get sucked in to the constant buy/sell trend but I have a lot of time on my hands currently. Made out like a bandit on the POLY pump and dump a couple days ago

Black Screenshot Font Display device Electric blue

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Same thing holds true at the roulette wheel at Vegas. No sense having remorse not placing a bet before the wheel was spun.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
The dip today is bad but a good time to buy (or so "they" say). That PM at $1.27 Friday is at $0.67 right now....the swing is just crazy with cryto. Thought with BC finally getting over 50K we were about to have a run...quite the opposite. I did buy more ETH and ADA today.

·
Premium Member
12,937 Posts
Algorand closing in on a 9 B market cap. It already does everything ADA say's they will do someday.
conceivably
$3 by the end of the year or $5 if there is more South American adoption.

·
Premium Member
12,937 Posts
Algorand closing in on a 9 B market cap. It already does everything ADA say's they will do someday.
conceivably
$3 by the end of the year or $5 if there is more South American adoption.
It just flipped Matic headed toward $2

·
Registered
222 Posts
There was news about El Salvador choosing to use ALGO blockchain a week ago but wasn’t noticed really until it was one of the few relatively unphased yesterday. I bought some to hodl just out of speculation several days ago. Staking it using ALGO wallet gives the best APY with hardly any fees. Don’t have much right now but maybe will get some more after it most likely gets pumped and dumped as we speak….we’ll see

Rectangle Slope Font Screenshot Plot

·
Registered
222 Posts
Algorand Price (ALGO)
$2.19
66.30%
Market Cap
$11,379,199,432
Yeah man I watched that run up and thought it was leveling off at $2.00 but still looks to be going up a little. I have high hopes for ALGO and at $2.00 could be looked back on as a deal in the future. We’ll see what happens. I’m in for the long haul on ALGO though

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
A not-so-good 24 hours for ALGO.
But this is a good time to double-down on a personal commitment to disciplined investing.

The good news about crypto maturity is... the institutions have arrived.
The bad news about crypto maturity is... the institutions have arrived.
The likes of JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, BlackRock, et al means huge dollars can pump prices.
But they also bring to this unregulated market, professional and unscrupulous gun slingers.
Market manipulators. Bot trading. Pump-n-dumps. Social media propaganda poop-n-scoops.
They will prostitute the digital tokenization of assets with their Y2008 derivatives and synthetics.
It is unavoidable, because Congress, the SEC, and the President are preoccupied with burning down Rome.

But fore-warned is fore-armed. Don't buy pumps. Be a disciplined investor.

·
Registered
222 Posts
A not-so-good 24 hours for ALGO.
But this is a good time to double-down on a personal commitment to disciplined investing.

The good news about crypto maturity is... the institutions have arrived.
The bad news about crypto maturity is... the institutions have arrived.
The likes of JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, BlackRock, et al means huge dollars can pump prices.
But they also bring to this unregulated market, professional and unscrupulous gun slingers.
Market manipulators. Bot trading. Pump-n-dumps. Social media propaganda poop-n-scoops.
They will prostitute the digital tokenization of assets with their Y2008 derivatives and synthetics.
It is unavoidable, because Congress, the SEC, and the President are preoccupied with burning down Rome.

But fore-warned is fore-armed. Don't buy pumps. Be a disciplined investor.
Good points. Though I didn’t notice anything bad happening to ALGO in the past day or so. 2.09 high and 1.99 low…that’s pretty stable for crypto. I don’t think 2.00 is a bad buy especially since you will earn interest on it.

Did you mean don’t buy pumps….unless you are ready to dump? Lol

Im long on most of what I have but still enjoy trying to cash in on some pumps

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Good points. Though I didn’t notice anything bad happening to ALGO in the past day or so. 2.09 high and 1.99 low…that’s pretty stable for crypto. I don’t think 2.00 is a bad buy especially since you will earn interest on it.

Did you mean don’t buy pumps….unless you are ready to dump? Lol

Im long on most of what I have but still enjoy trying to cash in on some pumps
Just as long as you know that two years ago, you were a counter-party to an unsophisticated hodler.
Now you are matching wits with a guy in front of a wall of monitors, who is driven to the office, and owns a very cool home in the Hamptons. This isn't a game for this guy. He was ruthless when he traded highly regulated stocks, commodities, and currencies. With his move to crypto, he is unbridled by regulations. He doesn't care if you are using your retirement funds. He has set a goal of paying cash for a 41' Donzi by Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Have you been watching silver and gold?
Cathie Wood of Ark Investment has been calling for "deflation".
That is exactly what the silver futures are pointing to.
There are a lot of little guys who were told to not trust that bitcoin stuff,
and instead led to buy junk silver and American Gold Eagles as a hedge against the coming inflation.
Twenty years ago, at the first sign of deflation, the world would run to Treasuries and the US Dollar.
Where will they run for financial safety in 2021/22 ???

·
Registered
222 Posts
Watching the SOL fallout after the network shutdown. Many saying how its proved to not be decentralized. I don’t know what to think about it. People are selling and the price is dropping and some say under $100 is coming. I had been wanting to get in on some more SOL beforehand, but not sure now. Anyone else selling or looking at a buy in?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Watching the SOL fallout after the network shutdown. Many saying how its proved to not be decentralized. I don’t know what to think about it. People are selling and the price is dropping and some say under $100 is coming. I had been wanting to get in on some more SOL beforehand, but not sure now. Anyone else selling or looking at a buy in?
The problem I have with moving money to projects like SOL is that I see them as a short term play. Ethereum L2s, specifically zk rollup based L2s like what starkware is designing bring greater scaling that's more sustainable long term without sacrificing decentralization. I also don't trust the SOL team whatsoever. SOL was and could be a great short term play, but long term I'm not sold at all.

·
GrowingFromScratch.com
3,405 Posts
James of the InvestAnswers channel on YouTube was mildly scolding recently of Ethereum’s ongoing delays towards PoS, Saying they’re still the king of the hill … for now. But that if they can’t solve their issues, that SOL could overtake it.

3221 - 3240 of 3276 Posts