Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
3181 - 3200 of 3276 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I don't know how it doesn't continue going up. We could find out that Bin Laden was Satoshi Nakamoto and people will still buy the dip. I would, and you would too.
I have every reasonable expectation that Bitcoin climbs in price over time and I agree, I don't see it "going to zero". I may be more bullish on other projects like Ethereum, but Bitcoin will do very well.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I don't know how it doesn't continue going up. We could find out that Bin Laden was Satoshi Nakamoto and people will still buy the dip. I would, and you would too.
The point is not will BTC continue to see higher highs. General Motors continues to see stock appreciation and dividend distributions…but everyone knows it will not deliver the ROI of the past. Bitcoin will lag DeFi and NFTs and gaming/gambling coins. For maximum ROI it will be necessary to pivot away from established crypto, and towards cutting edge crypto.

·
Premium Member
12,937 Posts
The Rumor is that Gold is being sold off to buy crypto as the new hedge against inflation....

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
The point is not will BTC continue to see higher highs. General Motors continues to see stock appreciation and dividend distributions…but everyone knows it will not deliver the ROI of the past. Bitcoin will lag DeFi and NFTs and gaming/gambling coins. For maximum ROI it will be necessary to pivot away from established crypto, and towards cutting edge crypto.
I don’t disagree, but at the same time the simplicity and recognition of btc will ensure it’s life in to the future. The roi differential is a short term difference. Once the world catches up and the true value of a particular network will be more tangible. Bull markets are lengthening and the roi is decreasing the longer a network exists.

I hold like $50 in btc. I’m 99% eth for exactly the point you’re making.

·
the "d" from ban[d]
15,778 Posts
There is no intrinsic value in Bitcoin. Bitcoin et al is more like a Ponzi Scheme. Many people have already made and lost money on Bitcoin. Some have gotten rich. It just is not for me.

·
the "d" from ban[d]
15,778 Posts
Since Bitcoin trades 24-7 I used our trading day data. Over the last 30 days the average price was $36,524. I got this by averaging 4 numbers all averages with equal weight “open, close, high and low”. The high low daily trading range went for a low of $712 to $5,212. Other stats of interest are the differences between the previous day’s close and the next morning’s open prices. These varied from a high of $3,803 to a low of minus 238. That is a total range of over $4,000.

Stocks within our stock market vary more than my liking. I sure as heck will not be putting my money in Bitcoin. Its value book value cannot be counted. It PE ratio is infinity.

It does not meet the definition of money.

·
GrowingFromScratch.com
3,405 Posts
It does not meet the definition of money.
As EW has said numerous times, people probably should view crypto less as money, and focus more about the value associated from the technology’s utility. I probably mangled that a bit, but the gist that I get is that the term “cryptoCURRENCY” is a bit of a misnomer. It doesn’t have to be money in the terms you’re speaking of. As long as it has value that rises and can be converted into whatever the coin of the globalist realm is, what difference does it make if it’s “money” by traditional definition or not? That’s how I see it anyway. If I was retired and living off my 401k and SS, it probably wouldn’t be for me either.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
As EW has said numerous times, people probably should view crypto less as money, and focus more about the value associated from the technology’s utility. I probably mangled that a bit, but the gist that I get is that the term “cryptoCURRENCY” is a bit of a misnomer.
Yep. For example, ETH is the "currency" or unit of exchange for using the Ethereum network (either for simple transactions or complex smart contracts). Holding ETH is also like holding stock in the decentralized Ethereum network with both speculative and utility driven demand driving price.

·
the "d" from ban[d]
15,778 Posts
As EW has said numerous times, people probably should view crypto less as money, and focus more about the value associated from the technology’s utility. I probably mangled that a bit, but the gist that I get is that the term “cryptoCURRENCY” is a bit of a misnomer. It doesn’t have to be money in the terms you’re speaking of. As long as it has value that rises and can be converted into whatever the coin of the globalist realm is, what difference does it make if it’s “money” by traditional definition or not? That’s how I see it anyway. If I was retired and living off my 401k and SS, it probably wouldn’t be for me either.
Yes but isn't it over valued for that function and too variable to be a reliable tool for that?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Yes but isn't it over valued for that function and too variable to be a reliable tool for that?
In regards to Web3.0, the long term potential that platforms like Ethereum are working towards is equal to or greater than the value of the current Web2.0 internet since it also encompasses global finance. Decentralization has immense value that will grow from countless angles.

I could absolutely be wrong, but my thesis is that in a decade, Ethereum will be the global settlement layer for the digital world (including CBDCs). By that time it's market cap will be enormous and it's utility driven demand will be a larger part of it's valuation, much like gold is today, and as such will be less volatile.

Time will tell, but I'm confident in saying that simple peer to peer transactions aren't where the value in the space lives and on their own don't present a compelling use case outside of decentralized censorship resistance.

·
the "d" from ban[d]
15,778 Posts
In regards to Web3.0, the long term potential that platforms like Ethereum are working towards is equal to or greater than the value of the current Web2.0 internet since it also encompasses global finance. Decentralization has immense value that will grow from countless angles.

I could absolutely be wrong, but my thesis is that in a decade, Ethereum will be the global settlement layer for the digital world (including CBDCs). By that time it's market cap will be enormous and it's utility driven demand will be a larger part of it's valuation, much like gold is today, and as such will be less volatile.

Time will tell, but I'm confident in saying that simple peer to peer transactions aren't where the value in the space lives and on their own don't present a compelling use case outside of decentralized censorship resistance.
I have read the compare and contrast of Bitcoin and Ethereum. My comprehension on the technology level need some work.

·
GrowingFromScratch.com
3,405 Posts
By that time it's market cap will be enormous and it's utility driven demand will be a larger part of it's valuation, much like gold is today, and as such will be less volatile.
My gut instinct is that the crypto “water” will find its own level eventually

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
The days of doubt and trolling were years ago!
Crypto is a $2trillion industry, embraced by Goldman Sachs, Visa, Tesla etc.
Like the internet, digital assets will touch every industry and ultimately every citizen.
Crypto will always have the Palmetto Tree detractors, and law enforcement will have the never ending job of mopping up hackers, rug pulls, and criminal elements. But crypto is the only hope on the long-term horizon to: rein in government power; counteract inflation; neuter central bankers; blow up Modern Monetary Theory; and give hope (and control of their privacy) back to the masses. It is a tall order. But without a digital currency system that cannot be manipulated, the future is economic collapse…and then the ugly, dystopian landscape that this Board preps for. If Palmetto Tree loves his grandchildren, he should be on bended knee praying that crypto is successful…because he, and the Western economy, have no alternative idea, to deal with the looming economic catastrophe.

·
GrowingFromScratch.com
3,405 Posts
I give Palmetto credit as an old(er) dog asking questions about a new trick. And I mean that respectfully. I sense a reluctant but emerging acceptance that this is going to be the future whether a person likes it, agrees with it, understands it or not. I have kin in about the same age range who are just beginning to accept that they’re going to need to know how to use smart phones and online banking / shopping etc in order to get on with daily needs. I got into crypto initially because I could see the writing on the wall, and decided I better start getting acquainted with the technology. Perhaps, I’m wrong, but some of the recent posts sound like that is what Palm is doing too.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I give Palmetto credit as an old(er) dog asking questions about a new trick. And I mean that respectfully. I sense a reluctant but emerging acceptance that this is going to be the future whether a person likes it, agrees with it, understands it or not. I have kin in about the same age range who are just beginning to accept that they’re going to need to know how to use smart phones and online banking / shopping etc in order to get on with daily needs. I got into crypto initially because I could see the writing on the wall, and decided I better start getting acquainted with the technology. Perhaps, I’m wrong, but some of the recent posts sound like that is what Palm is doing too.
Agreed. Palmetto has been asking solid questions lately and isn't just blindly posting negatively about crypto like other detractors. I've tried to teach my dad and uncles, only one of them, the youngest at 53yo has listened, the rest think I'm crazy despite 13,000% gains and passive income greater than my 9-5. The fact that he is willing to listen, learn, change/update his opinion, etc is impressive even if he isn't interested in crypto and doesn't believe in it.

3181 - 3200 of 3276 Posts