Survivalist Forum banner

2841 - 2859 of 2859 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Its price has increased only because more criminals are using it. The fact that a few people play with it is irrelevant.
Almost like you tee’d it up for me ! :thumb:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bank-scandal-2020-2-trillion-transaction-suspected-illegal-activity-money-laundering/

The problem isn’t only that criminals prefer fiat...
the criminals are working with the banks !!!
Partners in crime, as most of us knew before these reports said so.

So do you want criminal banks?
Or do you want trustless crypto currency with no intermediary?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Bitcoin (BTC) prices have been buoyed this year as investors bet that trillions of dollars of government and central bank spending around the world in response to the coronavirus-induced slowdown will inevitably result in inflation, and therefore be positive for the cryptocurrency.
As such, if a stimulus deal is reached, BTC may rise further.
In recent trading, BTC was up 1.3% to $11,059. Prices have gained 54% for the year to date.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Square bought $50,000,000 of BTC yesterday.
Unless that is necessary for them to engage in BTC transactions, I cannot see why. The stock price has skyrocketed but earnings have not.
The same reason MicroStrategy did. Fist dollars in the bank lose value. They don't want their millions devalued, and see a very likely increase with bitcoin. The value of Bitcoin is going to fly past 20k when a real monster like PayPal, Microsoft, Amazon, or Apple follows suit and puts 1% of their cash stockpile into Bitcoin.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Unless that is necessary for them to engage in BTC transactions, I cannot see why. The stock price has skyrocketed but earnings have not.
$608 to $11,400
And you still “cannot see why”?
Appreciation.
Same reason people purchased weedy corner lots.
They had the vision to recognize that those lots would become gas stations.
Bitcoin is digital gold.
And the more debasing of the dollar, the greater the future value of BTC.
https://usdebtclock.org/index.html?taxpayer=

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
$608 to $11,400
And you still “cannot see why”?
Appreciation.
Same reason people purchased weedy corner lots.
They had the vision to recognize that those lots would become gas stations.
Bitcoin is digital gold.
And the more debasing of the dollar, the greater the future value of BTC.
https://usdebtclock.org/index.html?taxpayer=
Bitcoin's price increases as demand for it increases. It is classic supply and demand. It may or my not continue. It might become a tulip or dot com bubble.

I can see why the price has increased. I disagree that it is digital gold. Gold as many pointed out in their defense of gold is it is physical and has always had value. In a true SHTF there will be no way to exchange bitcoins.

In the mean time if you have not at least already taken your original investment out, you are foolish. I suspect you are continuing to put more money in.

Bitcoin is providing a mode of illegal exchange. So we shall see. Bitcoin is not for me.

·
Long Trump
4,448 Posts
. . .

So do you want criminal banks?
Or do you want trustless crypto currency with no intermediary?
Just curious. SHTF, how does one bury digital currency . . . or get their digital when the power is out?

In the past, during periods of extreme strife like natural disasters and world wars . . . since the time of the Roman Empire, infrastructure and order has a very high tendency to break down. Me personally, I would not have my money in digital form, unless I knew the date world chaos would happen. And it will happen. Always does. PM's? No problem. :taped:

I can understand speculating in crypto "currency" before SHTF, but for me there is no "there there". I'd rather be in stocks.

EDIT:: "Crypto is digital gold." In a way you are correct. There is no "there there" with digital gold either.

·
Through Knowledge, Peace
4,949 Posts
Just curious. SHTF, how does one bury digital currency . . . or get their digital when the power is out?

In the past, during periods of extreme strife like natural disasters and world wars . . . since the time of the Roman Empire, infrastructure and order has a very high tendency to break down. Me personally, I would not have my money in digital form, unless I knew the date world chaos would happen. And it will happen. Always does. PM's? No problem. :taped:

I can understand speculating in crypto "currency" before SHTF, but for me there is no "there there". I'd rather be in stocks.

EDIT:: "Crypto is digital gold." In a way you are correct. There is no "there there" with digital gold either.
how do people get their money out of banks and atms now days when the power is out?

2841 - 2859 of 2859 Posts