Survivalist Forum banner

2001 - 2020 of 2859 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Any idea has value. we can debate the value but it has intrinsic value just by the fact that it exists. So there is value in everything that exists.

Crypto already has financial value in certain conditions. If it is misused by speculators that is another discussion. Also those conditions can improved to encompass almost all our entire financial system. I believe it will with Crypto 2.0.

Lastly. Gold and Silver have as much value as our society gives them. Same with Crypto. Exactly the same.
Have you ever looked up the definition of "intrinsic value"? Its "perceived" value because universal value is subjective. And there's a concept of extrinsic value, that's the different between market value and intrinsic value I think. I'm going by memory.

He's just going to say that he can touch his gold. It's a rinse and repeat process with him.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Have you ever looked up the definition of "intrinsic value"? Its "perceived" value because universal value is subjective. And there's a concept of extrinsic value, that's the different between market value and intrinsic value I think. I'm going by memory.

He's just going to say that he can touch his gold. It's a rinse and repeat process with him.
I used intrinsic as per the definition of that word:

"belonging naturally; essential."
"contained wholly within the organ on which it acts."

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
There is a difference between digital, electronic, credit card, etc. accounting of money. In fact being a measure of account is one of the characteristics a substance must have to be money.

Bitcoin has no measure of account. It value, for lack of a better word, is measured by money. It has no intrinsic value. The USD has no intrinsic value. A 90% silver coin has the intrinsic value of its sliver content. It have a money value of $1. Its measure of account is $1 as money and the spot plus stamped coin premium value.

Bitcoin has no intrinsic value. Bitcoin in and of itself has not measure of account. Bitcoin has not value as money as it is not universally accepted in any local. The fact that it has some cult following value is more like the value of chicken used in cockfights, dogs used in dogfights, snakes used by snake-handling religious sects.

The say that Bitcoin exist electronically has some relationship to credit cards used as money is like saying chickens are like humans because both have two legs.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
There is a difference between digital, electronic, credit card, etc. accounting of money. In fact being a measure of account is one of the characteristics a substance must have to be money.

Bitcoin has no measure of account. It value, for lack of a better word, is measured by money. It has no intrinsic value. The USD has no intrinsic value. A 90% silver coin has the intrinsic value of its sliver content. It have a money value of $1. Its measure of account is $1 as money and the spot plus stamped coin premium value.

Bitcoin has no intrinsic value. Bitcoin in and of itself has not measure of account. Bitcoin has not value as money as it is not universally accepted in any local. The fact that it has some cult following value is more like the value of chicken used in cockfights, dogs used in dogfights, snakes used by snake-handling religious sects.

The say that Bitcoin exist electronically has some relationship to credit cards used as money is like saying chickens are like humans because both have two legs.
You don't have to use dumb similies in your arguments, I'm not a 3rd grader.

Looks like you need to read this.
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/intrinsicvalue.asp

A credit card and bitcoin are nothing alike, no one said that.

You were bothered by bitcoins digital existence as 1's and 0's, so I showed you that most of the fiat in circulation is 1's and 0's. You're reply is something about chickens and 2 legs. That's not an argument at all.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
I am not bothered by bitcoin's existence. I just want to make sure the naive don't get hustled like they did on the "gold is money" con. This is the same church different pew.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
"If a man's labor is worth 1 bitcoin a week today, in ten years he is not going to accept 1/10 of a bitcoin for a week's labor. Where as if inflations is such that a man's labor is worth $1,000 a month he will be willing to do the same thing in 10 years for $10,000."

Crypto is deflationary and increases in value over time.
Fiat is inflationary and decreases in value over time.

PalmettoTree articulated it perfectly. He just didn't realize it.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I am not bothered by bitcoin's existence. I just want to make sure the naive don't get hustled like they did on the "gold is money" con. This is the same church different pew.
So you are going to appoint yourself to be the grown-up in the room?
And the smartest of MIT and Stanford, the IMF, hundreds of multi-national corporations, and POTUS are all crypto scammers.

And the world is flat.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
And the smartest of MIT and Stanford, the IMF, hundreds of multi-national corporations, and POTUS are all crypto scammers.

And the world is flat.
I told my friends the Ron Paul gold is money lie was a con and they did not believe me. Now they are 70 one with Parkinson's and their home foreclosed last week.

The gold con was not near the lie Bitcoin is.

You cannot even hold a Bitcoin. The best you can do is hold a thumb-drive and say a bitcoin is on it somewhere.

Walk into the first ten grocery or big-box stores you pass. Pick out a cart load of stuff and hand the cashier the thumb drive. Say take the amount out in Bitcoins at the current spot price.

The entire idea is dumb! It only works for the same reason the gold is money con worked. Some people hate anything government and are too dumb to understand the concept of money so they jump on anything that is not government.

Then like my friends they want the government to help them get their money back.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I told my friends the Ron Paul gold is money lie was a con and they did not believe me. Now they are 70 one with Parkinson's and their home foreclosed last week.

The gold con was not near the lie Bitcoin is.

You cannot even hold a Bitcoin. The best you can do is hold a thumb-drive and say a bitcoin is on it somewhere.

Walk into the first ten grocery or big-box stores you pass. Pick out a cart load of stuff and hand the cashier the thumb drive. Say take the amount out in Bitcoins at the current spot price.

The entire idea is dumb! It only works for the same reason the gold is money con worked. Some people hate anything government and are too dumb to understand the concept of money so they jump on anything that is not government.

Then like my friends they want the government to help them get their money back.
At what point do you admit you were wrong? What would need to happen for that?

·
Banned
6,384 Posts

And the world is flat.
If we're being real, they are all late bandwagon jumpers. Don't give them credit for anything, it was us, the blue collar and early adopters that are responsible for where BTC and crypto are. I was mining with my PC when every single financial institution scoffed at the concept.

So **** those clowns at MIT and Stanford, they waited til it was relatively safe to get involved. The trailblazers were ordinary people.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
If we're being real, they are all late bandwagon jumpers. Don't give them credit for anything, it was us, the blue collar and early adopters that are responsible for where BTC and crypto are. I was mining with my PC when every single financial institution scoffed at the concept.

So **** those clowns at MIT and Stanford, they waited til it was relatively safe to get involved. The trailblazers were ordinary people.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Yup. 2012/2013 here. My only regret is not investing more in hardware back then and not hanging onto what I had. Hindsight is 20/20 and after getting back in early 2016, I'm trying not to make the same mistake.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Don't understand the whole concept of it all. I am going to stay safe and not use bitcoin.
I avoided the whole DVD/Blu-ray revolution.
I had a wonderful collection of VHS tapes.

Crypto is Netflix
Fiat is VHS.

Just be open to the possibilities.
Fiat is NOT safe.
Fiat is inflationary.
Fiat is manipulated.
The world needs an alternative.
Many of us think crypto is it.

·
Libertarian
2,705 Posts

Crypto is Netflix
Fiat is VHS.

Fiat is NOT safe.
Fiat is inflationary.
Fiat is manipulated.
comparesilverprices.com

·
Registered
14,870 Posts

Crypto is Netflix
Fiat is VHS.

Fiat is NOT safe.
Fiat is inflationary.
Fiat is manipulated.
Bitcoin is a fiat currency the fiat is just not a government fiat. If you are against fiat currency you cannot logically be pro-bitcoin.

2001 - 2020 of 2859 Posts