Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been seeing a lot of pink colored guns advertised for sale lately. I am guessing that this is some type of marketing thing to get women to buy those pink guns. But, I can't really imagine that women are really attracted to, or will actually buy, pink guns. Is anyone actually buying pink guns? Please let me know your experiences and opinions concerning this.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
The guys think I look good with my new pink rifle.
Actually it is for my daughter. She is 9 and it's her favorite color. As long as it makes her want to come outside and shoot I don't care what color it is. Shooting is a lot more fun than playing barbie.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I personally don't like the color pink, reminds me of pepto, but then again I was never a "frilly girlie girl" as we refer to my niece. LOL. If someone likes pink or red or green or whatever I suppose that works. As for me, I'll stick with my jet black glock.

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
I read about these and remember an LEO suggesting they'd have to be on their toes the next time some kids are playing with colourful toy guns/water pistols, given that they look just the same. In the UK some guns can only be kept deactivated and sprayed such flouresant colours as pink, as do realistic paintball guns (RAP4 etc). Weird that in the US there is a market for this. Just some thoughts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pink guns

I took my 4 yo Daughter to her first gun show in October and she saw a pink ruger 10/22. Since then thats what she wants for Christmas. She is far more girlie than my wife but if it gets her into it then i'll even get one wiht glitter hearts :D: .

·
Displaced Texan
501 Posts
Went to get a couple of those .22LR from Bass Pro on Friday.....the DORK behind the counter asked me if I would be interested in a pink one for myself. Those pink ones were not part of the sale they advertised.

Is there another word for "offended" being a woman? Maybe because I was purchasing multiple rifles? I just looked at him and asked if they were the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation guns............nope, didn't make the connection with that one. The woman who drew the number after me was at my side picking up the same thing as I was and wasn't insulted by her salesman. Maybe because she was wearing flannel and smelled like beef jerky. Hmmmm.

Just thought I would interject my black Friday story here.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
They look pretty hidious I will admit, but if it will infuse our ranks by getting more younger women, not to mention women in general into shooting sports than Im all for it. I just dont think anyone will be seeing me at the range or in the field anytime soon with one.

I have seen the same exact think happening in the Kayaking world...lot of pink Kayaks out there recently. Yep there is even a Susan G Komen version of the Venus Ocean Kayak model specifically designed for women, yes it comes in pink and yes some of the proceeds go to the foundation on behalf of her name. There is even a local woman here thats a Professional Bass Fishing competitor that has a pretty nice looking rig, boat/trailer and tow vehicle, and yes it too is in pink. Cant miss that thing out on the water or at the boat ramp!

Obviously a marketing attempt to get more women involved with traditionally outdoor activities that have been dominated by men. A lot of us men are starting to get old and our ranks are dewindling. A lot of young boys dont grow up being indoctrinated as we once were into hunting, fishing and shooting sports. As the market is shrinking the manufactures are starting to try and reach out to a whole new class of potential customers as well as to cater to those of us who have wives that want to tag along too when we go out hunting, shooting, camping and all that. Lets face it gear made for a man dont exactly fit women too well. Dont forget too, that a lot of these women vote or one day will be voting. The more women we get involved in our outdoor sports whether it be shooting, fishing or camping the more likely they are to stand with us and preserve our outdoor hobbys and keep them from being regulated into a distant faint memory of what used to be...

Bottom line...out there is a potentially large un-tapped gang of "new enthusist" in a shrinking market of men, and manufactures are going after them not only for profit but to survive in a brutal consumer market that aint getting any easier!

·
Registered
9,550 Posts
Pink guns? a friend recently bought a pink stocked .22 for his neice, of about nine or ten years old and wanted to make sure it was sighted in before he gave it to her...
Needless to say he took a bit of good natured ribbing from the fellows at the range that day...

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
I took my 4 yo Daughter to her first gun show in October and she saw a pink ruger 10/22. Since then thats what she wants for Christmas. She is far more girlie than my wife but if it gets her into it then i'll even get one wiht glitter hearts :D: .
Similar story with my 5yr old. But then again she is easily distracted. I think I'll wait a few more years in hopes that her impulsiveness is better controlled and her ability to follow directions shows improvement.

Reactions: Vergeltung

·
Registered
880 Posts
My wife says "because they're pretty and they match your purse." She's more referring to a Smith & Wesson .357/.38 that she wants with pink grips on it stock, though...

·
RockOut w/ your GlockOut
745 Posts
IMHO, I think that in any weapon situation, whether just carrying, or having to use, stealth would be preferable. ;)
In a "weapon" situation I agree, but just an everyday firearm should be whatever colour you want. A firearm doesn't make a good deterrent if no one knows you have it. Wear it loud, wear it proud.:thumb:

·
531 Posts
My former anti gun ex wife finally came to her senses after coming to the range with me. (Yes, I'm an idiot for giving my ex wife a loaded gun anywhere in my vicinity.) But, she really wants a gun now for personal protection and is adamant about getting a pink gun. If it gets her to purchase one, I guess then...go pink, I'm all for it.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
I have been seeing a lot of pink colored guns advertised for sale lately. I am guessing that this is some type of marketing thing to get women to buy those pink guns. But, I can't really imagine that women are really attracted to, or will actually buy, pink guns. Is anyone actually buying pink guns? Please let me know your experiences and opinions concerning this.

Kinda hard to call a pink AK an 'Evil black rifle' isn't it?

If someone gave me one... I'd take it to a class...:D:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts