Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I received a sale catalog for January from son line store I usually buy form. They had American eagle 1000 rd loose box of .223 for $399.99. Today the online sight had the very same ammo for $999.99. There is nothing like sticking it to the very people who support them for years.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tzar Lonza....

I live about 5 minutes from CCI (Lewiston)... Where are you?

BLACK SHEEP has 5000 round cases of Blazer 22lr for $159.00
Was there today and they had lots and lots.

·
Jihaadi GoBOOM
5,365 Posts
Head Muslim In Charge Obama got reelected, a psychopath retard shoots up a school, Brady bunch says women should just let rapists have their 30 seconds of fun, not shoot them, Feinstein says only I can carry a gun, not you, Christmas buying takes place, greed factor sets in with moneygrubbing merchants, and ya wonder why?...

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I heard years ago that ITSHTF that a brick of 22 ammo would be a common traded commodity more valuable than gold or silver. If given the choice I would rather have a pound of 22 ammo rather than a pound of gold when money no longr works. Even seeds for growing vegies would be worth more than gold.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Why is my statement about ammunition being more than just simply supply and demand "absolute nonsense"? In a "free market" society things are produced because there is a demand, therefore if there is an increase in demand there should be an almost immediate increase in production to meet demand. I would like to say thanks to the people who have been helpful in answering my questions, and would also like to add that this website is designed to allow people to educate and become educated on important issues, and so comments should fall under one of those two categories.

·
Consciously Optimistic
1,003 Posts
There is such a thing as self education, do some research on basic economics... Immediate increase in production?? Once again, absolute nonsense.

*edit* Damn, I didn't take my own advice... Hopefully the OP is just naive and not trolling, but I have my doubts.

·
Pantomime Villain
3,969 Posts
The panic is starting to be felt over here too - certain ammo stocks drying up due to all the popular calibres being snapped up. Haven't been able to get any CCI Mini-mags of late. Actually that proved to be a good thing because my supplier offered up Aguila SuperExtra instead. I tried them today at 50 yards. Tore out the centre of the bullseye with 25 rounds and only one flyer (which broke the ring so technically a bull). Goodbye Mini-mags - through my Ruger 10/22 at least.

·
Registered
773 Posts
There's several reasons that's occurring at once. First, there's rifles such as the Ruger 10/22 and the AR15-22rimfire that was easy and cheap to shoot up until the Christmas. Any legislation or royal order that affects these rifles will cause the owners of these types of rifles to start putting away ammo for their guns for long term use. Other gun owners (target pistol or rifle) see an attack of the ammo in general so they will want to secure a supply for the long term period (the rest of this administration plus the next administration). There are also those who has the .22lr conversions for their larger caliber guns, and they know that a 500ct brick is priced about the same as 50 or 100 rounds of their larger calibers. It's just cheaper to shoot the .22lr for pest control and shooting drills, and if you have a metal ammo can, you can bury a whole lot more .22lr rounds than you can a can of 9mm or .45acp. The .22lr is a very common and often more used round, and many people are aware of it and want to secure a long term supply of it.

2,685 Posts
"I would rather have a pound of 22 ammo rather than a pound of gold when money no longr works. Even seeds for growing vegies would be worth more than gold."
This is a standing offer: I will trade you a pound of .22 ammo for an ounce of gold ANY TIME. I have more than 13,000 rounds of .22

·
Busy Prepping
161 Posts
Head Muslim In Charge Obama got reelected, a psychopath retard shoots up a school, Brady bunch says women should just let rapists have their 30 seconds of fun, not shoot them, Feinstein says only I can carry a gun, not you, Christmas buying takes place, greed factor sets in with moneygrubbing merchants, and ya wonder why?...
Yeah, and that's not counting the ammo being used in the wars and large orders from our homeland government agencies. The factories can only make so much and it's selling faster than they can make it.

·
Always Loaded
3,150 Posts
It is the number 1 round everyone wants to have plenty of. Imagine if they add a $.05 cent tax per bullet. A brick of .22 would jump to $45 overnight. Glad I stacked deep when I could. Probably the smartest investment I have ever made.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.