Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
In CT law makers have already proposed a ban on all online ammo purchases and a 50% tax on all ammo not bought and used at a gun range.

Gun owners in my state are stocking up on all types of ammo including .22

·
Krazy Kitty
5,007 Posts
We went to Walmart yesterday. We were buying 500 rounds in one box All they had left were two boxes of 50 each and we grabbed them. The 12 ga only had small boxes of 25 each. Over half the shelves were empty of all other caliber ammo.

·
Crusty, Crunchy and Cute
3,040 Posts
Just came from my toy store and he had Winchester, Remington CCI and a new one on me so I bought a 1000 rounds of Winchester M22 to try out and he gave me a 100 rounds of Remington 22 Ceebee that he had just got in that neither of us had heard of. He still had about 4000 rounds of various and sundry types of 22LR on the shelf when I left. He also had about 8 AR lookalike 22's on the rack waiting for their new owners to come in and get them and a few AR15's waiting for their new owners to clear the check. The boys and girls at the FBI appear to be a little behind. He had cases of 9MM. 45, .380 and 40cal stacked up behind the counter and on the floor in front of the counter. Apparently i got there right after his delivery came in.

·
KG7CUV
9 Posts
Well...

At least where I live which is like 30 min from the CCI manufacturer it is almost inpossable to find. People are stocking up on all things gun ammo, firearms, modkits. It's all pretty hard to find and when you do its costs an arm and a leg

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
No I dont have a TV, I live in the U.P in a cabin without electricity. Please fill me in on what has been happening recently that would cause .22 ammo to disappear.

The anti-gun war drum is beating very loadly right now. And there is incomming ban/resrictions heading our way,so everyone is paniced.

The main stream media is pushing hard on banning ALL semi-automatic weapons and all mag. with more than 10 rounds. So everywhere you go you cannot buy a rifle because they are all sold out and now everyone is buying ammo as well.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
i have probably 4-5k rounds of various .22 ammo. even with that, i was at wally world a couple of days ago and saw they had a few 225 round boxes of Rem .22 for $9.95. yeah, i got some for sure. good price in today's market and it's always good to have more ammo than you think you'll need.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was in academy the other day and happened by the ammo section. Shelves were empty of the popular calibers but the less-popular ones had plenty. I happened to glance at the 22mag section an noticed a fex boxes of bulk minimag 22lrs that were mistakenly put in the wrong place. I helped myself to 2 boxes.

I am seriously considering buying a less-popular caliber just so i can find ammo in times like these.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.