Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apple Signals Coronavirus’s Threat to Global Businesses
Foxconn, the Taiwan company that makes iPhones and other gadgets on behalf of Apple and global electronics companies, has declined to detail which plants have reopened since the Lunar New Year holiday ended but denied a media report that it was aiming to reach 50 percent production levels by the end of this month.
Imagine what is going to happen when half the millennials can't get their expected new iPhone. :eek: :D::D::D:

China may also be forced, due to economics, to reduce the restrictions on quarantine and allow potentially infected workers back into the factories.

Enjoy your new iPhone now equipped with the special corona app.:thumb:

Anyone have thoughts on likelihood that the corona virus can be transmitted via a product traveling from there to here?:confused:

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Market had been acting as if the virus was gonna be a small thing... contained in China... clearly that's not gonna be the case and its now resetting..

and no one needs a $1000 phone...

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
14,694 Posts
I've been saying for at least a week that the markets will take a beating, at least in the short term.

I do also suspect there are plans to make work-arounds. Quarantined workers can be moved into facilities and stay there to make product, for instance. Like barracks at the warehouses and factories.

Virus lives 9 days on surfaces. Little risk of it arriving by ship as long as the workers are taking precautions.

This will be a short painful market dip, lasting 1-2 quarters IMO at this time.

·
Registered
34,700 Posts
I've been saying for at least a week that the markets will take a beating, at least in the short term.

I do also suspect there are plans to make work-arounds. Quarantined workers can be moved into facilities and stay there to make product, for instance. Like barracks at the warehouses and factories.

Virus lives 9 days on surfaces. Little risk of it arriving by ship as long as the workers are taking precautions.

Great buying opportunities....

·
Registered
3,958 Posts

Tiny communal barracks have long been the case for Foxcon etc. As WWI barracks the recipe for spread of disease.
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/10/inside-foxconn-3-some-dormitories/263900/

High value electronics (as Applecrap) are flown from chicomland to the West.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Apple Signals Coronavirus’s Threat to Global Businesses

Imagine what is going to happen when half the millennials can't get their expected new iPhone. :eek: :D::D::D:

China may also be forced, due to economics, to reduce the restrictions on quarantine and allow potentially infected workers back into the factories.

Enjoy your new iPhone now equipped with the special corona app.:thumb:

Anyone have thoughts on likelihood that the corona virus can be transmitted via a product traveling from there to here?:confused:
My employer is forcing a few thousand of us to upgrade from iPhone 6 to iPhone 10 because there won’t be any more security patches to iPhone 6s. They pay my bill, so I’m not complaining, but it was a concern, and I still don’t think we have all of the phones in hand from GCI ( Alaska) and AT&T yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts