Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does the idea of, "Don't Touch That!" seem to be such a hard thing to do? I touched it!; now I need to sanitize the part of my body that touched it.

No extra food stuffs to consume, so why would anyone poop more, and need the extra ginormous stocks of TP?

Bottled water .... ??? :confused::confused::confused: Municipal water systems seem to be still 100% functional, in regards to this human required molecule. Did people forget that many of us still alive routinely drank municipal water out of a garden hose?

As I have asked before:

Am I getting older and grouchier, or are people generally getting exponentially stupider?:confused:

I still think the hard evidence points to the latter.:upsidedown:

·
Registered
10,820 Posts
Same reason there’s a rush on bread and milk when the weather guesser says “ snow”.
I think the TP is the idea that they’ll be stuck in close proximity and they wish not to offend this mean all the water is to flush the toilets when the water fails

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same reason there’s a rush on bread and milk when the weather guesser says “ snow”.
Milk and bread can affect breakfasts and lunches; makes some sense to me.:thumb:

I think the TP is the idea that they’ll be stuck in close proximity and they wish not to offend this mean all the water is to flush the toilets when the water fails
I don't think the ^^^above^^^ makes sense.:upsidedown:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Problem is so many people have nothing prepped so they are looking for a fix... Hand sanitizer. I can afford it and it lasts a long time. Have a few gallons per person is a good thing to have on hand anyway. As for TP, if there is a shortage, most people want to have enough to get them through.

·
Militant Normal
10,410 Posts
Conflating a SHTF Grid Down event with the CV-19 epidemic? Afraid that going to the store a month from now for TP will expose them to CV-19? Ditto bottled water? Afraid they might be quarantined? Not that unreasonable.

Full disclosure: I drink and cook with bottle water out of preference because my well water is very hard. If my supply runs out I'll collect rainwater and set up the Big Berkey.

99.99% of those panic shoppers don't even know what a Big Berkey is.

Hand sanitizers and other disinfectants ought to be obvious. Better to have and not need than need and not have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts