Survivalist Forum banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Wow .. this thread took a turn for the worse; it degenerated into a "I'm a more holier-than-you-Christian" free-for-all. I think what disturbs me more is the automatic assumption that anyone on this site is a "Christian" and that being one is somehow superior.

As for the original topic, Pride came about because of the fact that we had none of the same rights as heterosexuals—we could be fired for being gay; we could be kicked out of our (rental) homes; etc., etc., etc. Well, in June 1969 at Stonewall, we (mostly the drag queens and rentboys) said enough was enough after yet ANOTHER police raid and fought back. The first pride parade was a remembrance of Stonewall and quickly turned into a political movement to put us on even footing with everyone else. At the same time the feminist movement was growing for many of the same reasons; prior to the mid- to late-70s a married woman couldn't open a bank account or credit card account. Everything had to be in the husband's name.

These movements came about in response to the heterosexual-normative, paternalistic culture that existed, and the pride parades are a continuation of that.

·
M.R. Ducks
18,849 Posts
There are plenty of “Pride” celebrations. Most Aprils I attend a local Scottish festival to celebrate my proud heritage. In July, those of Cherokee ancestry celebrate in North Carolina. In October, there are German pride celebrations all over the country. On St. Patrick’s Day everyone is proud to be Irish, whether they are or not.

If you feel moved, you can organize a “Straight and Cisgender Pride Parade” if you want. I doubt it will generate much interest, but you are free to do it.

·
Gumpherhooberpelt
5,301 Posts
Anecdote.
My berry berry good friend, a partial black man from Philadelphia, once told me that when he was misbehaving, his mother would scold him, "Your color is showing." I understood this to be an example of the inferiority complex taught to many blacks - that their very color was a bad sign. Even in their own subculture, lighter blacks are preferred over darker blacks.
In addition, there are few examples of 2000+ year old monuments and civilizations, unlike those in Europe and Asia. Egypt doesn't count, since its people weren't [word for dark people from central Africa].
Prior to the 1960s, blacks were portrayed as tribal savages, maids, servants, chauffeurs, etc. In "The Young Philadelphians" (Paul Newman), there were very few scenes with blacks... and they were maids and servants standing in the background. Ironically, the plot revolved around the status climbing choices made by the mother and the effect on her son.
In Congo (1995), the expedition leader was black, and when they came across another black man, he didn't believe a black man would be leading a white expedition.
In short, there are plenty of European / Asian examples of cultural superiority, that compels the minority culture to inflate their own successes to compensate and try to 'save face' by any means. Their demand to claim "pride" is a sad reminder that their history is not filled with examples of art, architecture, academic prowess, or technical advancement, that can be found across Asia and Europe.
CHINA:
Papermaking, printing, gunpowder and the compass - the four great inventions of ancient China-are significant contributions of the Chinese nation to world civilization. But China also excelled in canal building (the Grand Canal) which greatly reduced the cost of transportation of cargo and passengers. And they excelled at boat building, and were the first to include watertight bulkheads to keep afloat when a hull was breached. The junk sail rig (full batten) is a marvel of simplicity, ease and functionality.

ROME:
Concrete, aquaducts, hydraulic engineering, engineered roads, public sanitation and sewers, central heating, hot tubs, and even tooth implants.
(Special note : the pendentive, the means to merge a square foundation / wall to a circular base of a dome. Muslims who conquered Constantinople were amazed by the Hagia Sofia and incorporated its technology in their own mosques.)
GREECE:
The Water Mill, The Odometer, The Alarm Clock, Cartography, Olympics, Basis of Geometry, Earliest Practice of Medicine, Modern Philosophy, Concept of Democracy, and amazing architecture.
(One of the amazing features of Greek architecture was the compensation for optical aberration when viewed from a distance)
There are virtually no straight lines or right angles in the Parthenon. This enormous temple appears at first glance to be a giant rectilinear construction, whose lines are straight. But that is an optical illusion.
. . . .
So descendants of Europeans and Asians don't need special "pride" celebrations - our history is filled with astounding achievements.

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
8,460 Posts
Asking this Q is much like saying 'Trump' in a Ivy League cafeteria..'How Many 3 Story Or Taller Buildings Were Erected In Africa Prior To European Colonialism'? ..JW

·
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
10,448 Posts
Wow .. this thread took a turn for the worse; it degenerated into a "I'm a more holier-than-you-Christian" free-for-all. I think what disturbs me more is the automatic assumption that anyone on this site is a "Christian" and that being one is somehow superior.

As for the original topic, Pride came about because of the fact that we had none of the same rights as heterosexuals—we could be fired for being gay; we could be kicked out of our (rental) homes; etc., etc., etc. Well, in June 1969 at Stonewall, we (mostly the drag queens and rentboys) said enough was enough after yet ANOTHER police raid and fought back. The first pride parade was a remembrance of Stonewall and quickly turned into a political movement to put us on even footing with everyone else. At the same time the feminist movement was growing for many of the same reasons; prior to the mid- to late-70s a married woman couldn't open a bank account or credit card account. Everything had to be in the husband's name.

These movements came about in response to the heterosexual-normative, paternalistic culture that existed, and the pride parades are a continuation of that.
I do not and cannot accept your lifestyle due to my religious upbringing. With that being said, I do not judge you or condemn you. I also uphold your rights that are recognized in the Bill of Rights. I also feel that you and anyone else like you are entitled to the same protection under the color of the law. The biggest problem that I have with the homosexual movement is that for some reason, those involved with this movement feel it is necessary to force me to embrace and accept it. You may be the nicest person in the world and could possibly be someone i would be friends with, but respect me enough and don't try to force me to accept your lifestyle when it goes against my religious beliefs. And I will show you respect in return.

·
Автомат
1,805 Posts
Wow .. this thread took a turn for the worse; it degenerated into a "I'm a more holier-than-you-Christian" free-for-all. I think what disturbs me more is the automatic assumption that anyone on this site is a "Christian" and that being one is somehow superior...
[...and so forth...]
To each his own. What disturbs me more is that so many folks self-identify as Christian while so many others [yourself included] are uncritically willing to take them at their word. Lord have mercy.

Those claiming Christian identity - who publicly promote and advance the cause of evil in the world - have much in common a particular segment of the contemporary LGBTQ+ community. Can you think of an appropriate and inclusive pronoun which would conceal the inherent duplicity of their orientation, downplay the harm they do to the wider society, and give them something to be "proud" of too?

·
10,448 Posts
To each his own. What disturbs me more is that so many folks self-identify as Christian while so many others [yourself included] are uncritically willing to take them at their word. Lord have mercy.

Those claiming Christian identity - who publicly promote and advance the cause of evil in the world - have much in common a particular segment of the contemporary LGBTQ+ community. Can you think of an appropriate and inclusive pronoun which would conceal the inherent duplicity of their orientation, downplay the harm they do to the wider society, and give them something to be "proud" of too?
And yet you just sinned and then questioned my salvation. The Bible does say "Judge not lest ye be judged. That whatsoever ye measure out so shall it be measured unto you. " so congratulations on realizing your own moral superiority by condemning in your mind.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
And yet you just sinned and then questioned my salvation. The Bible does say "Judge not lest ye be judged. That whatsoever ye measure out so shall it be measured unto you. " so congratulations on realizing your own moral superiority by condemning in your mind.
What a circle Ghost. You just judged him. So congrats on realizing your own moral superiority in your mind.

Morality is tough to hang into, but practice can help.

·
Автомат
1,805 Posts

Congratulations for making my case for me. You have relieved me from having to quote the exact same verse of Saint Matthew. Its meaning: Every Christian will be judged. Get used to it. Additionally, every Christian is required to judge himself more harshly than anyone else can. [Except God] That's because the authentic Christian knows his own heart, examines his conscience on a regular basis, seeks forgiveness and strives to repent of his sins for as long as he continues to draw breath in this world.

Judge yourself. Hate your own sin. Remember death. Sin no more.

Lord have mercy.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I grew up in a multicultural neighborhood in Seattle. We had all kinds of folks. As a white kid I got treated poorly. In second grade I learned to knock the crap out of em before they become a threat. "They" being anyone willing to do me harm. Sometimes black sometimes other including queers. That included the fat redhead bully in 5th grade. Kicked his ass on the playground and he never ****ed with me again. Life lesson there too. Took my licks for it & went about my business.

I don't suffer bullies or tyrants. I DON'T HAVE to accept you. I can choose to or not - that's my ****ing decision - NOT yours. And if you try and force that acceptance on me, well those consequences are on you . And it ain't gonna be purty.

My wife worked for 20 yrs for a guy that happened to be gay. He was a good guy. But he didn't shove his gayness off on others. Just a decent guy living the way he wanted to. Okey dokey. I'm fine with that. That's different from assless chaps & dildos in the street. Now you want me to accept that as ****ing normal? Don't think so scooter. That **** ain't normal. You're just a ****ing weirdo.

I'm proud of a few things in my life. My accomplishments. My service. But my whiteness? Never entered into it. So go ahead - call me racist just because I'm white & I'll kick your ass just like I did the dumb ass in 2nd grade.

I'm tired of the victim mentality and I don't put up with that crap. You really want to be a victim? Fine but that's a choice you have taken. Not one that I have forced on you by my mere existence. I reject your entire argument. So **** off.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Lets have a frank discussion of social equality and social justice. Let's do it numerically. Let's apply that across all demographies and social identifications.

So you can only have 14% of the NFL, NBA & NBL be black. Same for all college sports. Then we also have to include all other minority groups in their gender and race categories as well. So only 5% gay .05% transgender. Got to get hispanics in there too so 27% and let's not forget the Asian kids - they have to be equally represented.

Let's pass a law that no ethnicity can be over represented in any commercial, television show, newscast or any other publication. And of course include the sexual deviant population as a sub counter on ethnicity.

You want to slice and dice us up into groups. Ok. Then do it according to your statistics. No more over representation of gay families. That's going to be less than 0.05% of the population. They are NOT normal - they are outliers at best. Lesbian couples - less than 0.25% of the population. Gay men couples - a similar percentage. Transgender even lower. So quit with the normalization of the abnormal. Yeah let's pass that law for normalization in the public arena - I dare you.

I win - you weirdos lose. Now GET OFF MY GRASS!

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,938 Posts
White people need to sit back, crack a beer open and not take all this so seriously 😳
Everyone should get their day in the sun.
Race and sexual identity aren't the issue. The issue is that they are being used as proxies for political identity pushing Marxism against empiricism. Social engineering is dangerous enough in the arts and humanities, but it is devastating in the maths and sciences.

·
10,448 Posts
My grandfather was a preacher since before I was born. He taught me that no matter how hard we try, we will always commit sin and require forgiveness. He also taught me that no matter how hard we try, we will always judge others. And since we are going to judge others, that we should always do it with compassion in our hearts, for if we do that is how God will judge us. But if we judge with contempt and malice in our hearts, so too will God judge us. For this reason I hate the sin but not the sinner. It is my sincerest hope that even the most vile human (and I consider that to be my SIL who murdered my youngest brother) finds God and escapes the fires of hell. I still have to deal with the human side of me who wants to go kill her every day. But my spiritual side forgives her, and I don't do it because she asked for it, I do it because if I don't, I would torture her before I killed her and that would make me no better than she. So I forgive her for my own sanity and well-being.

·
BASS
2,257 Posts
Everyone 'should' do that, yes.

But not when being white is now a crime punishable by death at the hands of a mob. Violence is being done to white people simply because they are white. This is unacceptable. There is no way to make it light hearted. If a white person kills a black--it's immediately deemed a hate crime. But let a black thug drag a white child--a very young child, not much more than a toddler---out of his bed in the middle of the night, carry him away, torture and dismember him and leave his remains strewn down a sidewalk---and it's not a hate crime. It's a mental illness (which, of course, is true) but there is in NO way the rush to condemn it as a hate crime as it is when the races are reversed in a crime.

People are sick of it. It's not light hearted, it's verging on state sanctioned racism, and if something doesn't change it's going to become an accepted norm like it is in South Africa, where a full scale genocide is happening.
It has been said many times here: Trouble is coming to the streets of the USA. It will take many forms. Many innocents will suffer. I don't agree with any of it but it is coming. When it does it will make the race riots of the 70's look like small events. 😟

It won't take much to light the fuse of those that are sick and tired of the BS..... 🤬 😡
Blood will flow...... 🙁😡

I find it troubling black people in the entertainment or political offices can say almost anything racists and never a word is spoken in the media. Let a white person say anything controversial at all and they are roasted on the TV.
IMO Al Sharpton is one of the worst. He was a several times a week visitor to the Obama White House. He isn't the only one for sure but outspoken black women are the worst of the lot. Can you say Whoopie G?

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
My wife says that I have no filter, I tell her that yes I do, with whorver is paying me and with her, everyone else gets my total apathy (SEE feel free to deep throat a loaded 38).

I dont care in who or what you jam your joint into or what your mental illness defines you as or what your calling is as long as when you pop smoke its not a felony or something you sit on death row for costing more than you were ever worth.....

I am proud of who and what I am . Dont care what you think or feel or your truth...... stifle it. No one cares. BTW, its classy to make sure the exit wound splatter is pointed towards a wall....just saying.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
My wife says that I have no filter, I tell her that yes I do, with whorver is paying me and with her, everyone else gets my total apathy (SEE feel free to deep throat a loaded 38).

I dont care in who or what you jam your joint into or what your mental illness defines you as or what your calling is as long as when you pop smoke its not a felony or something you sit on death row for costing more than you were ever worth.....

I am proud of who and what I am . Dont care what you think or feel or your truth...... stifle it. No one cares. BTW, its classy to make sure the exit wound splatter is pointed towards a wall....just saying.
I completely disagree! Do it out in the middle of nowhere so you don't continue to be a burden. That will also benefit nature since you were none to mankind.

·
Semper Fi
9,927 Posts
I suppose it's because a mere 50 years ago people were being arrested, blackmailed, persecuted, murdered, for being gay. Say what you will about the religious condemnation of "a man lying with a man", and the justification for persecution of such people, but pride week is an acknowledgement that it's okay to be free in America.
Nope pride week is a sign that they want you to think it's okay to be a pervert in America.

on edit: I just looked at this thread again and surprise surprise what do I find, the board's banner ad content on the page is for a gay only cruise line. Less then 3% of the population and they want to make it seem as if they are part of mainstream America.

Reactions: Ghost863

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 · (Edited)
I didn’t initially start this as a gay pride thread. It was one for “I’m proud to be white, black, brown, yellow, gay, LGBTQ+~, whatever it’s at now.
I started it, because it’s been “positive” to say I’m a proud black, brown, etc”, lately. But, if I were to say I’m a proud Christian, white, heterosexual, male, I’m considered a bad person. I’m not a racist person, and myself and my Wife especially has been awesome about raising our girls to not see color. I treat everyone with the same respect.
I, like others that have posted, just don’t want it forced on my family how you live your life. I PROMISE, I won’t judge you or push my lifestyle on you all of you’ll do the same.

101 - 120 of 128 Posts