Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just don't get some people, no matter what you do they are NEVER grateful! O.k. so Alabama temporarily housed some of the hurricane evacuees from New Orleans the previous week here in Birmingham. They were bused up here, taken to the convention center where red cross set up cots(pillows & blankets) for them to sleep. They were fed and sheltered and if they brought pets they were also taken care of. I think there were approximatly 1,000 evacuees or so staying here.The city of Birmingham also provided around the clock police in the center to keep the peace (there were several fights and minor thefts) . I assume that for security reasons the lights were probably left on all day and night thus limiting some peoples sleep.

Here's the kicker. The local tv station inviewed a couple of evacs and they were disappointed that the food wasn't very good and nobody gave them any MONEY! What the hell did they need money for? This was like an all expense paid vacation (without the souvioners of course). They had food(good or not), running water, cool air conditioning , got to bring their pets and being safe. I don't get it.

Good people donated their time cooking, cleaning, taking care of their animals for days, police worked double shifts for these ungrateful sheeples.

I read everyday all the horrible things that happen EVERY SINGLE DAY in other countries- savage deaths, rapes, beatings, limbs chopped off, NO FOOD at all and these people are bitching about hot dogs, hamburgers and no money. I guess next hurricane our gov't just needs to let them fend for theirselves.

I have never expected the gov't or anybody else to take care of me or my family, I was brought up to be self sufficient and you do what ever you have to do to make a living. I don't get it. I'm so tired of people thinking something is owed to them. Get a life people....o.k. I'm done , thanks for listening.

BTW The last time we handed them money they went and bought $1000 Louis Vittion purses, beer and liquor and went to strip clubs

·
Registered
784 Posts
there is no pleasing some ppl they just have to [email protected]#$% about something or there day isnt good, i saw the same things on tv that the evacuees were saying in shreveport. i got a better idea next time NO floods, dont repair the levee's

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
these are people who grew up in the corrupt, entitlement driven NO system. a system that kept them in poverty, and dependent in exchange fer votes --- you know -slavery
they for all their life have been "taken care of", it to them is a way of life they are accustomed to.

im amazed ya cant see that you just owe it to them.

·
Ready for the big "push"
1,473 Posts
Gawd I hate welfare rats. Luckily we didn't get any up here this go around. We did get about a 1000 of them from Katrina and every other thing they said was "Gimme gimme gimme".

Reactions: Dwind

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
I just don't get some people, no matter what you do they are NEVER grateful!
They had a choice, grab the brass ring of all the American opportunity offered or go on the dole. They went on the dole and with the help of the Democrats have created a culture of entitlement. The disgusting element of this dynamic is the handing out of dole as the prime bribe for power. Want to spend more time on the dole, vote Democrat.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
the problem isnt whats said someone will always be unhappy about it ect.. but... the people who say its not bad people were nice they wont make it on the news its always someone complaining saying nice things get overlooked as it doesnt make good tv

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
It's a shame,

I've seen it before, didn't like it then, didn't like it after Katrina. It's a shame people have to live below sea level, to survive. But that's their choice. We have
had an influx of Katrina victims every since, I really don't like that. There go's a perfectly good ******* town.

Keep your senses sharp and your weapons loaded and ready. ( I do )

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
im 31 and allready i sound like an old fart saying "go get a job!"

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I live in an valley that is considered an economically depressed area. Our average income would be around $10 an hour. Sure we have people that make more and we have families on welfare. We, also, have problems with alcohol and drugs as most communities do.

But, one thing I can say for my valley, Our community supports it's youth sports, our seniors are activily contributing to the community. Parents and grandparents show up at the sports games and volunteer to help out at the gate or in the consession stand. We have the best wrestling teem in the state, and have recieved many scholorships, for boys and girls, in sports.

There is a free Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner in the park EVERY YEAR! All food donated by local businesses and staffed by volunteers.

There is a soup kitchen throughout the summer months that is open twice a week. There are organizations to help families in need with cloths, food and medical.

You wouldn't believe some of the ways our valley raised money for a sick child.

We have a bikers run to gather Christmas toys EVERY YEAR!

Right now, with the start of school, I meet a lot of kids in the downs 2 thrift shops picking out school cloths and happy to have that opportunity.

We are a community of survivors, and proud of it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
My father grew up in rural Lousiana, dirt poor. His life was so hard ( his dad and 3 young brothers died at a young age), when he was old enough to lie about his age to join the army and get away from poverty. After the army he put himself through diesel mechanic school and worked for a large diesel company for years. The late 70's came and he was laid off and that is when we moved to Ala. on the promise he would have a job with another branch of the company he worked for. They let him work for a few weeks doing odd jobs until they just didn't have anything for him to do. Instead of dipping into their life savings or asking for a handout, he found odd jobs (sweeping parking lots and construction) whatever he could find to take care of us. He always tried to better himself and always taught us to do better for ourselves.
I guess what really irritates me is that I've always done things the way they were supposed to be done in life. My point is I'm not above scrubbing toilets or pressure washing a building in 110 heat (and yes I am a diva...lol) I was taught to do whatever you can to make a living. You don't know how bad I want to pull over and pick up alum. cans off the side of the road for spare change. Then there are others who do what they want, when they want, and they get rewarded? Go figure

·
Registered
51 Posts
I saw a lady on the news complaining about where she was being flown to. She was actually ticked off at the fact she wasn't geting to go to the same evac. location as her friend who was flown out hours before her.

Now THAT is ungrateful. Taxpayers dollars feed her, house her, pay her bills & give her a first class ticket to get out of harm's way. I couldn't believe my ears.

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
There are still people living in FEMA trailers in Guntersville, Alabama from Katrina. They/we are giving the adults $300 a week and minors $150. A family of four, two adults and two kids are getting $900 a week, free electricity, free water and a free roof over their head.

·
Registered
51 Posts
how long does FEMA (I mean US, WE, taxpayers) plan to do this? Is there a weening? Do they just get to milk it forever because they were a victim in the past?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how long does FEMA (I mean US, WE, taxpayers) plan to do this? Is there a weening? Do they just get to milk it forever because they were a victim in the past?

Yeah I wonder how long it would take my mortgage company to "wean" me out of my house if I quit making payments? lol
Maybe they ought to pay us for the privledge of "renting" our tax paying fema trailers.

Sorry I was being mean, I'm just getting cranky in my old age.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
I saw a lady on the news complaining about where she was being flown to. She was actually ticked off at the fact she wasn't geting to go to the same evac. location as her friend who was flown out hours before her.

Now THAT is ungrateful. Taxpayers dollars feed her, house her, pay her bills & give her a first class ticket to get out of harm's way. I couldn't believe my ears.
meanwhile- those of us left in the country that can either find jobs or have had them have higher gas, taxes, mortgage, food, ect and companies left and right are cutting 401Ks and Retirements- and if that werent all- the gubmind dips into the SS budget to send out stimulus checks.

It's pretty obvious- the government isn't expecting that many retirees to survive whatever the hell is coming down the pike.

Reactions: Sweeper

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
There are still people living in FEMA trailers in Guntersville, Alabama from Katrina. They/we are giving the adults $300 a week and minors $150. A family of four, two adults and two kids are getting $900 a week, free electricity, free water and a free roof over their head.
Frik, I can't even Make 900 a week.unless I rob somebody. Jimminy, thats it, Ill just rob from the rich and give to the poor.(yeah, I know):D:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts