Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Some observations on cats and dogs.

Dogs are pack animals. It is hardwired into their nature. They need an "Alpha" leader to be truly content. Dogs can be broken to the will of another dog, (or human), and can be perfectly happy in that state. In the wild, dogs require the pack to hunt and survive.

Cats are solitary animals. They are sufficient unto themselves, ( if they had opposable thumbs and could run a can opener, humans would be totally expendable). Cats may or may not accept another cat, (or a human), but it is always THEIR choice. A cat's will can never be broken, they will perish before they will submit. In the wild, cats depend upon nothing but their skills and what nature provides to survive.

If you want to create a society, study dogs, (as long as you are pretty sure you will be alpha). If you want to learn to survive, study cats. For most humans it is easier to emulate a dog than to emulate a cat.

Most men prefer dogs because they can dominate them. Most women prefer cats because they are like them. Generally speaking, except for physical strength, women are stronger than men.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
That is a good one .In our house there was one cat and three dog's and the cat was like i owned the whole place and your only here to make sure the human's feed us on a regular basis

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
I've always been around both cats and dogs. Currently 4 cats and 3 dogs. I don't prefer either over the other, but then I'm not an Alpha male. I fill in that position with the dogs just because it's my house. (at least in my mind)

I'm sure all the animals have different lists as to the pecking order. To them it's their house since they're there all the time, where the wife and I come and go.

·
Left the building
9,363 Posts
The Dog's Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With a cat, I can throw him outside for the weekend and not have to worry.

Can not do that with a dog. Leave a dog outside and he freaks out and starts barking, or rather crying at the door.

·
Most Thankful Guy here
38,965 Posts
My 3 dogs have their own door, they are part of the family and secure the premises with or without me there. Cats are fine until they start paw painting on the walls, besides my female burnese mt. dog thinks animals not of the dog breed are chew toys.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,677 Posts
"While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats."
— Mark Twain

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat."
— Mark Twain

"A home without a cat - and a well-fed, well-petted and properly revered cat - may be a perfect home, perhaps, but how can it prove title?"
— Mark Twain
We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it and stop there lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove lid again and that is well but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore."
— Mark Twain

but I am a dog lover
"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven not man's."
— Mark Twain

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.