Survivalist Forum banner
141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Everyone on this forum is "prepared". We're as ready as we can be for civil unrest, famine, war and plague. Just today, my wife and I were loading food supplies down in a 1950's era underground fallout shelter. I never thought it would come to this, but here we are.

One nagging question remains. If everything goes to hell, and people show up at your doorstep, who do you help?
Only in Unity can we fight this evil brought upon us. If not one person can learn from this country's past then it's already forfeited to the hands of the CCP. Civil unrest and chaos instilled by the Marxist regiment fraudulently elected is going to start wiping us out. Whomever remains will be wiped out by super AI death drones, as Obama likes death drones. As, Thomas Jefferson warned about allowing government to get to Big. Now, here we are. Power and greed is the real plague that has destroyed all minds. God help us all, or is mankind worth being saved?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Everyone on this forum is "prepared". We're as ready as we can be for civil unrest, famine, war and plague. Just today, my wife and I were loading food supplies down in a 1950's era underground fallout shelter. I never thought it would come to this, but here we are.

One nagging question remains. If everything goes to hell, and people show up at your doorstep, who do you help?
I would think of having EVERYONE already W/ME - SO 'All Others' Would NOT Be Allowed in - & My People WOULD enforce That !

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been prepping all my life and I have wrestled with that question a lot. But I guess when the time comes it will probably answer itself. I think the bigger question is is how to hang on to what do you have.
When you used to hear about Venezuela they had a problem with roving motorcycle gangs just going out in the countryside taking what they wanted. I think we are on the edge of very trying times.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Only in Unity can we fight this evil brought upon us. If not one person can learn from this country's past then it's already forfeited to the hands of the CCP. Civil unrest and chaos instilled by the Marxist regiment fraudulently elected is going to start wiping us out. Whomever remains will be wiped out by super AI death drones, as Obama likes death drones. As, Thomas Jefferson warned about allowing government to get to Big. Now, here we are. Power and greed is the real plague that has destroyed all minds. God help us all, or is mankind worth being saved?
Of course, there is a lot of good people out there..

·
Registered
I don't know
374 Posts
I just spent a few days at a new friend's farm. We fixed up a chicken coop for her, spread manure over the place in her yard she is putting her garden, planted 19 apple trees, and started getting her solar array up and running. She'll be another person to add to our group that will be able to feed herself as well as a couple other families. Working together, we'll keep this valley going through recessions and natural disasters.

In another week or so I'm taking about 300 tomato plants to the community center to give out, and we have another 100 apple trees to give out out over the next couple weeks. This valley is filled with apple trees as well as other food plots to help get up through.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Of course, there is a lot of good people out there..
There good people out there, but I am surrounded by ones that aren't my people;they are not awake. I have not a safe place. Deciding on what to do has never been harder when alone. Globalists are coming to round us up. FEMA camps are death camps. I don't want to be enslaved. I want to live in a perma culture community, but I see most people are so self absorbed. God didn't intend it to be this way. Aren't people supposed to help each other in hard times?

·
Padre in the woods
3,898 Posts
Customers were brutal. I was cussed out, threatened, disrespected and verbally accosted on almost a daily basis. As in your example, it gave me a clear insight as to how low people will sink if you take away a little of their comfort.
Customers are still brutal. Last week a guy at the Subway shop started yelling and screaming profanities because the line wasn't moving fast enough for him. When the manager told him they were going as fast as they could, he attempted to jump the counter to fight her. Customers intervened and literally sat on him until cops arrived.

The neighbor's daughter works for a women's beauty care shop. Three times they've had smash and grabs. And eight times they've had a customer just flip out because they don't have something they want or they have to wait until a sales associate gets done with another customer.

Last week there was a fight at the gas station because a fellow was filling his truck, which had two tanks, and some asshat though he shouldn't buy that much gas.

As one of the guys said in the shop, this all started ramping up in 2020 with some minorities taking the lead on the violence.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts

We live 2,000 miles away from our families. We have 5 couples that will come to our house. 3 of those couples have kids in their early 20's. The other 2 couples are doctors with no kids. My wife and I have had conversations with the doctors. The other 3 couples we have been friends with for 20 years and no conversation has ever really taken place.

Anyone else will not be let in. In some ways we have it easy because we won't have that free loading cousin showing up looking for a hand out.

·
Padre in the woods
3,898 Posts
This thread, and one titled Taking in a Child is timely as I may be put in the position of doing such.

My late wife's sister, and their parents, were killed this past Thursday. The youngest sister survived but their mothers last words were to get the kids the hell out of the conflict, and over to the states.

I never thought at this late stage in life I would become a father again, but sobeit. Family 1st.

I think I'm going to take the rest of the day off from the board, or maybe a few days, and reflect on things.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Two questions for you.
How did they know where you are?
Or did you tell someone??

As for who do you help? No one.
Unless they are useful your survival and have their own tools and supplies.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Two questions for you.
How did they know where you are?
Or did you tell someone??

As for who do you help? No one.
Unless they are useful your survival and have their own tools and supplies.
I may not fully understand your question. "How do they know where you are?"

Finding me is not difficult. I have an address, a residence and rural acreage. The US postal service does it all the time! 😉

·
Registered
56 Posts
I may not fully understand your question. "How do they know where you are?"

Finding me is not difficult. I have an address, a residence and rural acreage. The US postal service does it all the time! 😉
Very good.
Only people rarely just turn up randomly at just anyone's door asking for help.
You are a prepper. So how many know that, and who knows what you have in the way of stores?
There will be a telltale which could be you looking healthy or just squared away while everyone else is in a panic.
Or would it be the perimeter fencing you installed?
Smoke out of the chimney and the smell of cooking food.
There are so many tells that someone is worth a knock on the door.
And remember, a refusal to help will sometimes generate a reaction, be that only verbal.
If others hear that, 2 may become 4 and then a mob.

The group I'm with all have nothing on show or share our plans outside of the group.
We all follow the gray man thinking where we match what everyone else is looking like and doing.
Our thinking is its better that than 'we're doing very nicely thank you' in a SHTF scenario.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Very good.
Only people rarely just turn up randomly at just anyone's door asking for help.
You are a prepper. So how many know that, and who knows what you have in the way of stores?
There will be a telltale which could be you looking healthy or just squared away while everyone else is in a panic.
Or would it be the perimeter fencing you installed?
Smoke out of the chimney and the smell of cooking food.
There are so many tells that someone is worth a knock on the door.
And remember, a refusal to help will sometimes generate a reaction, be that only verbal.
If others hear that, 2 may become 4 and then a mob.

The group I'm with all have nothing on show or share our plans outside of the group.
We all follow the gray man thinking where we match what everyone else is looking like and doing.
Our thinking is its better that than 'we're doing very nicely thank you' in a SHTF scenario.
In a nutshell... Yes. I do believe people would come knocking at my place during SHTF.

My wife and I live in a very rural area on large, heavily wooded acreage. My house is not visible from the road. The area we live in is comprised mostly of small vacation houses and cabins. We are one of the few full time residents.

Though we have only lived here two years, we know a lot of people and this has been the friendliest place ever. It's common for people to stop by unannounced just to shoot the breeze. It's kinda like a Deep South culture with snow! :)

People don't know we're preppers but we're both natural leaders. I'm a retired Army officer and am heavily involved in local politics. My wife has similar DNA.

We learned pretty quickly which folks are takers and which are givers. Each category of person would be treated accordingly during SHTF.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have changed my mind about taking in strangers.
Yesterday a visiting English lady next door wanted boiled crawfish before she returned to England.
She and I load up in the truck and head to the local crawfish barn buying a sack each 33 and 32 # sacks.
The head count before we left was a total of 8 adults 65 lbs divided by 8 equals 8.125 lbs each
More than enough with trimmings like corn, potatoes, mushrooms garlic cloves and sausage.
Boom all the sudden 4 more show up 2 adults and 2 teens, This puts me at 12 heads of adults and down to 5.4 lbs each
I'm like I hope the English lass got her fill which she did. I stayed on the pots cooking
Loose lips and drink will apparently sink you're ship in a hurry.

·
Padre in the woods
3,898 Posts
Boom all the sudden 4 more show up 2 adults and 2 teens, This puts me at 12 heads of adults and down to 5.4 lbs each
I'm like I hope the English lass got her fill which she did. I stayed on the pots cooking. Loose lips and drink will apparently sink you're ship in a hurry.
We had a customer appreciation day at the shop in 2019. Private party. We ended up serving 2.7 times what was expected. I was designated grill boss, so I couldn't break away. But JG was quietly working the crowd and told me later that most of the uninvited were clued in by people invited to come along for lunch. There were also 3 people who stopped in, having no relationship to our business, or interest in the trades. Two of my guys found out they were just people who smelled the food and "heard" there was free food. They just mixed into the crowd to get what they wanted.

After the event, one of the party crashers came back and had the nerve to ask what we were doing with leftovers. He had plastic grocery bags and want us to give him all the leftovers. We sent him packing. (Leftovers went to the homeless shelter).

But this episode highlighed what can happen when people run their mouths, and when people see others eating. Now imagine this scenario if those inviting themselves had weapons.

1,332 Posts
I will help my immediate family: parents, siblings, grandmother. Obviously my wife is included. Her parents/siblings are a nonissue as they are on a different continent.

My parents prep already (as Hank jr said, it’s a family tradition). So for them to come rely on me would be pretty odd. That being said, there are several scenarios where we have planned to combine our preps.

Reactions: A.J.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
We had a customer appreciation day at the shop in 2019. Private party. We ended up serving 2.7 times what was expected. I was designated grill boss, so I couldn't break away. But JG was quietly working the crowd and told me later that most of the uninvited were clued in by people invited to come along for lunch. There were also 3 people who stopped in, having no relationship to our business, or interest in the trades. Two of my guys found out they were just people who smelled the food and "heard" there was free food. They just mixed into the crowd to get what they wanted.

After the event, one of the party crashers came back and had the nerve to ask what we were doing with leftovers. He had plastic grocery bags and want us to give him all the leftovers. We sent him packing. (Leftovers went to the homeless shelter).

But this episode highlighed what can happen when people run their mouths, and when people see others eating. Now imagine this scenario if those inviting themselves had weapons.
I can't top that story. That's beyond rude. If I were in charge of that company, I would seriously consider quietly ditching this event.

Similar situation this weekend:

An old buddy stayed with us for the weekend and asked to bring two more friends. Only one showed. He brought nothing. He did nothing. He is so sedentary that anything remotely physical (like walking 1/4 mile, wading in the creek or playing a round of horseshoes) had him limping back to the recliner.

He made a lot of lame and perverted one-liner jokes. Great stuff in the high school locker room, but not at age 53 in front of my wife.

I got sick about halfway through the visit, tested positive for Covid but continued to be the gracious host. They stayed. They ate. They drank. On the day of departure, they decided to wake up early to make another engagement. They woke both of us up and stood around like "hey... Where's breakfast?" My wife was highly pissed and told them they were both a couple of "rude jerks".

I stumbled out of bed, bid them polite goodbyes and off they went. I kinda doubt they'll ask to visit again. And I'm OK with that.

My brother, on the other hand visits regularly. He keeps his space immaculate, helps where needed, always lends a hand, is 100% respectful toward my wife and is generally fun to be around.

Weekend house guests are an excellent training grounds for SHTF visitors.

141 - 160 of 160 Posts