Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone on this forum is "prepared". We're as ready as we can be for civil unrest, famine, war and plague. Just today, my wife and I were loading food supplies down in a 1950's era underground fallout shelter. I never thought it would come to this, but here we are.

One nagging question remains. If everything goes to hell, and people show up at your doorstep, who do you help?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Will a system be in place to report your neighbor?
Will you have a social credit score?
Which side will you be one? Which side will the majority of your community support?
Are you one of us, or are you one of them?
Location, location, location.
Just look at historical events and the rat that leaves the sinking ship first is the rat most likely to survive!
But only if that rat can flee to area where it can survive!

·
Registered
267 Posts
That depends a lot on the situation. In any case we would be as hungry as anyone else with no food to spare unless it was someone trusted. If it was a local situation I think we could let people take shelter for a time. If it was widespread I dont think we could. It would be a bad situation, turning people away that were used to living comfortably and suddenly without seeing how others are doing better. You have to think some people used to being in control might not take no for an answer if their kids are hungry.

It's going to suck but we aren't putting food up to help those that don't care to help themselves

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
53,672 Posts
Everyone on this forum is "prepared". We're as ready as we can be for civil unrest, famine, war and plague. Just today, my wife and I were loading food supplies down in a 1950's era underground fallout shelter. I never thought it would come to this, but here we are.

One nagging question remains. If everything goes to hell, and people show up at your doorstep, who do you help?
First and foremost ... I help ME. If I'm not healthy, I'm of no good to anyone else. So helping myself first assures that I'll be able to help someone else if the need arises.

Secondly, I routinely preach to friends, family, customers, etc. that they need to start preparing right this second because none of us know what tomorrow may bring. They've been warned. Now if they still choose to sit on their tails buying soda pop, pizza, and big screen TVs then they're on their own should SHTF. I won't be held responsible for their sloth and ignorance. They better not come knocking on my door.

Now if I were to look outside the window and see a hungry child, I'm sure my conscience won't allow me to see him/her starve to death or die of thirst.

·
Shill for the Federal Gov
991 Posts
I'm old and I have a wife and a young boy. I'm helping them.

Again, I'm old....not gonna help a 30 something year old dude and his progeny just because they live next door to me. That dude never even wave "Hi" in the colt de zac for 9 years. He can go on and head over to the "Food Drop" the gubmint has set up for him and his family.

If you want help from me.....well...you picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue

·
Registered
4,470 Posts

Our MAG has had some issues lately. As a group we all discussed having XX months for the people in their respective group when plan B happens and we go to the BoL. (plan A is staying at your home and keeping normalcy as much as possible)

Some people have not confirmed to XX months for plan B.... And have added people to their group recently due to world geopolitics.

The general consensus for those of us who have committed for their group size is that those who have not will be treated as anyone else........Not welcome.

It's harsh, but people have had years to be ready. We don't need people who "assume" that they are part of a group but failed to meet expectations will share in every one else's preps.

·
Registered
749 Posts
That all depends on what THEY bring to the table. Is the guy a dentist and I just happen to have a toothache? Sure, doc, I think we can work something out.

On the other hand, is this some food stamping, welfare rat from the projects, that’s never done so much as lift a finger, to try and make a life for himself? Sorry, we’re closed.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts