Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see a link there but this snip originated here:

https://www.goldismoney2.com/thread...stify-a-cashless-society.349047/#post-1835434

Following reports that Beijing had "quarantined" dirty cash, the WHO warned on Monday that the virus could survive on banknotes, potentially spreading Covid-19 within communities, and across the world. To reduce the risk of being infected by money, the NGO advised citizens in countries struggling with outbreaks to favor digital payments when possible, the Daily Telegraph reported.

That the WHO is telling the public to avoid cash is hardly a surprise: research has found that coronaviruses have been found to live on surfaces for as long as 9 days....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I like this one. You religious devotees should too!

--------

I am not heavily into religion but not an atheist either. Not trying to get into a religion debate this is rather interesting given the current events.

The beast is rising:

"Revelation 13:16-17 And he causeth all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free and the bond, that there be given them a mark on their right hand, or upon their forehead; (17) and that no man should be able to buy or to sell, save he that hath the mark, even the name of the beast or the number of his name."

https://www.goldismoney2.com/thread...stify-a-cashless-society.349047/#post-1835440

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
This is crap...wanna be an actual slave? Go cashless. Then you are at they're mercy...the infamous *they*. I bet that the elites want to sell his scam, with cash thier power over us is conditional at best. Lots of options still exist for necessities like healthcare, income, hobbies....

Cashless society? No thanks, never happen fortunately.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
I'm not going to go cashless when this thing continues into next winter and I'm selling bindles of hand sanitizer and slightly used hospital grade N95 maskd and rough, smuggled in Bulgarian toilet paper from the back of my trunk behind the burned out Albertsons in the ruins of what was once Tacoma.

Cash baby, cash, gold, and silver.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,910 Posts
I have actually had more people asking me for change at work, and everywhere I've been has been happy to get my filthy $$.

I only use electronic money for Ubers.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
I haven't seen anyone use cash for years.

But I would bet the keypads on the card readers are worse than any cash.
I use cash for lotto transactions. For some reason there are still stores that will only allow you to buy a lotto ticket with cash. No idea why.

Now that I think about it pretty much all forms of gambling are cash only. I have yet to see a slot machine that takes a card. They may exist, It's just I've never seen one.

Also, living in Texas I see that the entire "labor class" is cash only. So it's very common here and I imagine in other border states as well.

During the last hurricane I actually had a moment where having cash was awesome. For whatever reason the card payment system went down at the grocery store. I was the only one in line that had cash and was able to skip ahead, pay, and head out with my groceries. Everyone else was stuck trying to figure out what to do.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,910 Posts
I always try to have some cash on hand, but the other day at work I had to count some filthy bills, had some sort of smears on them I really tried not to think about.

and they have very inadequate hand washing facilities, it is a very weak trickle of water out of the faucet that doesn't moisten your hands. After I attempted to do that I used some sanitizer and still felt unclean. :rofl:

But we always try to carry some cash. In Houston the card systems go down whenever we have a flood or hurricane. I actually left most of my cash at home today running errands and I was kicking myself about that. I won't do that again especially these days.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I intend to keep a sandwich bag in my purse and let the cashiers drop the change in then leave it for two weeks before I handle it . A bunch of sandwich bags is cheap .
I love this idea, Hilltopper.

The COVID 19 scenario is shaping up beautifully for TPTB that want a cashless society so they can track whatever we do. The fact that the germies survive on cash and coins is a perfect excuse for them to push this agenda forward.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Problem is when electric is off.

And how will private party transactions go down?

I guess the poor homeless will be SOL. Can't beg $$ any more.
Cash app on their Obama phone. Surprised it isn’t done yet. Need to put a QR on their sign.

Definitely a fan of plastic with corona virus- I don’t touch the keypad at all 90% of the time.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts