Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know, if anyone is thinking this is it.... If Bug ins are doing their last minute preps and pulling their resources........ bug outs, filling tanks, making calls, packing their bags and heading out in the next few days........and groups, using their phone tree and starting their check list ?? ?? ??

Is anyone bugging out a long distance, like east coast to west coast? Does anyone have a caravan plan with others for safety?

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
I am of the belief that the time is so close to now that its not even funny.
the phone tree was put touse on the 23rd as a reminder for my 24th of sept. gut feeling. were buggin in save for all the rest of the group that are bugging out to my house and my neighbors house. fuel has been topped off and extra has been bought.
check lists have been check a dry run of plans executed also on the 24th. everone who will be bug'n out to here has there bags packed and ready to go the longest distance for one of the group to travel is 50 miles. extra pvc piping bought next to buy is extra plywood and lumber. a more recent survey of the resources and assets in the area have been recon'ed writen down then uploaded. gaurd dogs have been moved from there normal home to here. extra copies of inportant papers and plans have been made both hard copy and soft copy then sealed and water proofed.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Maybe it is just because I don't live in an urban or suburban area but to me, "bugging out" is done when the SHTF. How do you know when that happens? Very difficult to say. I wouldn't want to wait untill the roads are blocked and crazies are running in the street but I see no reason why anyone would be planning on bugging say, tonight, because of the current situation. I guess "bugging out" has a much more seriouse meaning to me than to some people. I don't mean to mock your reasoning. I don't know. I guess it also makes a difference if your bol is only a short distance away (50 miles as you say). Then it would be more like a weekend excursion if everything turned out reletivly fine. Not a big deal. I guess because I usually live in the country where we supply our own food it would take overwhelming attacks to make us bug out.

Better safe than sorry though right!

·
Banned
13,890 Posts
To me it seems a bit too soon to be bugging in or out, but definitely, preparations should be made.
This just in for news: China's financial reculatory board is not allowing Chinese banks to conduct further lending with the US.
....Only the US, no other country.
Definitely a time to be critical of your set up and make sure you have enough food and ammo, and also consider the mundane realities of a depression.

....But not bug out time, just yet....

·
Registered
401 Posts
May start on the West Coast today with the FDIC seizing WaMu last night. Might see a run on banks over there. Of course, they have a three hour insulator. IF they see the market doing o.k. by 7am their time (10am market time), they may be mollified.

However, if the market crashes on the WaMu and bailout stalemate news, then I could easily see the shtf locally in the pacific northwest today. Whether and how that spreads, could be an interesting day.

·
Registered
401 Posts
No. Attack, invasion, or severe lack of food or fuel might cause social unrest, but not the machinations of Wall Street or Washington DC. Besides, I'm bugging it, so...
I think Attack and Invasion would unite, not divide. Start telling people their savings are gone and that's when you will see social unrest. People start seeing that it's their government that put them in this situation, and that's when you will have civil unrest. The times when we have had civil unrest are when the government has acted in a way the public percieved to not be in their (public's) interest (depression, vietnam, a variety of local events due to perceived injustice). There has not be civil unrest when we've been attacked.

·
Banned
13,890 Posts
Sorry, Wildjo, aint nothing going to unite the States or Canada ever again. Too many immigrants with ties to their homeland who don't even bother to speak English. You think 'Chinese Americans' are going to help out if commie China invades? No way. Also, too many people looking after their own interests, and a quick search on the net shows A LOT of anarchist groups with an erection for social upheaval so they can go to town, a lot of them bumpkin commie movements. Race riots are the first thing to happen in social upheaval.
Expect a lot of Rodney King-type riot situations in SHTF.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Not bugging out, we're fairly rural anyway, but definitely making sure the vehicles are full and stocking up on some last minute things today. I'm gonna do a quick check of the cupboards and head to the store. I wasn't planning to for a week or so, but the time seems right today.

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
We are rural and plan to bug in. Pushing the man to get me a gun NOW! Going out today and buying lots of ammo for my sister's guns who is coming here when it hits. Also picking up a couple different types of antibiotics today. Made the man do a bank run this morning. No, we didn't wipe out our accounts but did take out a couple grand just to have on hand. We are supposed to be buying plane tickets today to visit family in Florida around thanksgiving. I am not too sure how I feel about doing that right now though. I really am not going to have much say in it though. Been going through checklists to see what we have and what we might need. Oh, that reminds me that I need to make a large seed order, buy a grain mill and lots of wheat! Gotta go!

·
Say no to NWO PLEASE!
1,009 Posts
I'm doing a big shopping and supply run this weekend, and doing more renovations (landscaping). I feel it's really coming, but they just might be able to divert this a little longer. I'm also in Canada, so it might be a little bit longer before we fall, so I'll keep working on my house, but work to preparedness also. Gas and propane tanks will be full, along with another weeks worth of food added to cache.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Another Canadian here, and as overlord said, it'll probably take a bit longer to affect us dramatically if anything should happen (but I'm pretty sure that's days, not weeks longer). I'm going to go to walmart and Home Depot today to get more fishing gear, lumber, and maybe some Paracord if it's available.

Should probably go over my food supply and BOB again, and Sharpen my not so sharp objects that need to be sharp.

·
just doin my job..
421 Posts
yikes :( we JUST started stocking up on a few things yesterday.. bought a case of beans and a case of stew..

is it that close? Im in Canada too and people don't seem to be talking about it seriously enough.

trogdor where are you able to buy paracord in Canada? walmart has some braided nylon stuff but thats all I could find.. my only luck with the real stuff so far was a surplus store, it came in 30ft sections used

·
Say no to NWO PLEASE!
1,009 Posts
Just restacked my lumber while I'm doing some landscaping. Damn I'm a packrat, but with things the way they are, I just can't seem to throw anything away, and if I do, It's to salvation army:) I've got lots of firewood and some building quality wood. Got to secure my basment windows and ground floor door somehow.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
trogdor where are you able to buy paracord in Canada? walmart has some braided nylon stuff but thats all I could find.. my only luck with the real stuff so far was a surplus store, it came in 30ft sections used
To be honest with you, I've only ordered it online from Ebay. http://search.ebay.ca/paracord_Militaria_W0QQcatrefZC12QQdfspZ32QQfromZR40QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsabfmtsZ1QQsacatZ13956QQsaobfmtsZinsif

That's why I said "If it's available" (Sorry if that sounded smarmy. I can assure you it was unintentional if it does). But I have heard you can get it from Home Depot. I'll try and let you know either way later on in the day.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.