Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No one should be able to vote

Votes: 1 0.7%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, dang box for multiple choice unticked itself as I added more choices... No idea how to fix that.

·
Ranger
475 Posts
The "warm body" voting system that we have now does not work very well. Deadbeats and welfare queens use that to their advantage.

Once the deadbeats figured out that they could vote free benefits for themselves....they did!

The Democrats steal money from worker/taxpayers to buy votes from their constituents, the parasites.

Only worker/taxpayers (includes retired) should have the vote.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mind blowing responses so far. I think only intelligent people should be able to vote. What would I define as intelligent? Any man, woman, and child (18+) regardless of class or creed who isn't influenced easily by religious belief, is able to do basic problem solving, understand cause and effect, and doesn't think that they are higher in society because they own land, have a job, or aren't being supported by by the government. How absurd, just because you, or any anyone else has those things, doesn't give you the 'right' choice, there are a lot of dumb people out there, and those factor's aren't mutually exclusive to either them, nor you.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I chose randomly as i don't beleive i like any of the choices.

Ideally, i'd like to let everyone vote, but also have a 'why did you vote for this person' test.

ie, 1000s of people voted for obama because he was democrat, or black, and they knew nothing more about what he stood for. And i think this is a huge problem.

·
Registered
177 Posts
OK let's go negative as it is easier to eliminate than add in this case....
NO government employee of and kind INCLUDING active and reserve military at any level for any office.
No serving politician of any kind at any level.
No one who works for a company that gets more than 50% of it revenue from the G.
No one to gets any direct transfers of any kind from the government INCLUDING Social Security and Medicare or any other Government Pension.
(Note this would exclude me from voting as I am on a state pension)
No election officials of any kind. Five year ban from last election worked.
No one with out a Picture and Biometric ID presented on the day of voting. The card should be electronic and register and hold the vote to prevent fraud.
You should have to own property or prove employment.
I think this would solve many of our problems......

·
Registered
444 Posts
Mind blowing responses so far. I think only intelligent people should be able to vote. What would I define as intelligent? Any man, woman, and child (18+) regardless of class or creed who isn't influenced easily by religious belief, is able to do basic problem solving, understand cause and effect, and doesn't think that they are higher in society because they own land, have a job, or aren't being supported by by the government. How absurd, just because you, or any anyone else has those things, doesn't give you the 'right' choice, there are a lot of dumb people out there, and those factor's aren't mutually exclusive to either them, nor you.
The point about working and owning land is that those people pay taxes - it has nothing to do with who has the mental capacity; rather, it's about not letting leeches vote. It seems that you're lying when you say that people should be "able to do basic problem solving [and] understand cause and effect" in order to vote - either that or you must think that you should be unable to vote.

Very simple cause and effect: you let the people who live off the work of others vote and, funnily enough, the people who aren't working keep voting for (and getting) more and more money and they'll increase in number. At some point the system will collapse - either the leeches will demand more than the workers can provide or the workers will realize that they should just leach too.

Anyone receiving benefits shouldn't have the right to vote - there should be a waiver that they have to sign in order to sign up to take other people's money (hell, it should just be done away with altogether). Retirees who've paid into the horrible system should get a pass, of course, since they're only taking back what they were forced to put in (usually much less) anyway.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It's supposed to be a free country, thusly everyone over 18. Otherwise those of you who wish to establish some form of ogliarchy are just as much what is wrong with this country as the ones you oppose voting!
You wanna go that route why not just say only veterans can vote, at least most veterans loved their freedom and their country enough to at least be willing to offer their life for it!!!!!!

·
10,548 Posts
First and Foremost, Veterans. Secondly, as a Free Nation, every other Citizen that is not a Felon, and is over the age of 18.

·
Registered
82 Posts
OK let's go negative as it is easier to eliminate than add in this case....
NO government employee of and kind INCLUDING active and reserve military at any level for any office.
No serving politician of any kind at any level.
No one who works for a company that gets more than 50% of it revenue from the G.
No one to gets any direct transfers of any kind from the government INCLUDING Social Security and Medicare or any other Government Pension.
(Note this would exclude me from voting as I am on a state pension)
No election officials of any kind. Five year ban from last election worked.
No one with out a Picture and Biometric ID presented on the day of voting. The card should be electronic and register and hold the vote to prevent fraud.
You should have to own property or prove employment.
I think this would solve many of our problems......
I agree with all but the one about owning property and being employed.
Instead of this, i would introduce a simple random question about what the person they are voting for actually stands for - if they answer wrong, their vote wont count. I'm sick of seeing people on TV giving the most trivial reasons for their vote, sometimes their reason is actually against the policy of their chosen candidate!

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
It's supposed to be a free country, thusly everyone over 18. Otherwise those of you who wish to establish some form of ogliarchy are just as much what is wrong with this country as the ones you oppose voting!
You wanna go that route why not just say only veterans can vote, at least most veterans loved their freedom and their country enough to at least be willing to offer their life for it!!!!!!
There is no Constitutional 'right' to vote in a national election. It just isn't in there. State elections.. that varies.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts