·
Here's my safety Sir
14,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good call! I will not make it this year but I plan on getting back there sometime. It is a fantastic place to ride.
I'll take a curve you you then:thumb:

·
No Hope and Change for Me
215 Posts
time to make "Who rides (motorcycles) here? " a sticky :D:
I am an AVID rider of a 2002 Harley Davidson FLHT (Road King). I have 55,000 miles on that bike and I have spanking new BMW K1300GT on order. I plan to keep my HOG as it is a member of the family and I can't imagine ever selling it. However, I have had 4 spinal surgeries including anterior lumbar fusion and I have 3 levels of Titanium Cages fusing L3,L4,L5 so the 600 to 800 mile days on the Hog beat me up pretty severely.

The new BMW has an electronic suspension adjustment (8 different settings) as well as Traction Control and Integrated ABS. While I am a die hard Harley fan, I have to say that this new BMW is an amazing bike. It is a 4 cylinder Boxer engine rated at about 170Hp. It is a rocket, yet it is a sport touring bike so it is very comfortable for me to ride.

Sorry for the long answer. You get me talking about scoots and I just can't shut up!

·
No Hope and Change for Me
215 Posts
I don't, but I hope all of you that do are organ donors, I might need a kidney or something someday :D:
Yes, I am an organ donor and a rider. But let me tell you, my organs get used so I am not sure what I will be leaving behind........Oh, you need a kidney? I think mine should be of use since I don't drink. I told my wife to donate every bit of me that she can and burn up the rest. She has specific instructions to spread my ashes at the peak of Highway 212 west of Red Lodge Montana.........It is the bike riders dream highway and I ride it every summer.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I do not, myself, but I sit on the back of my husband's, which he built from scratch. He custom builds bikes, rides them for a year while he builds the next one, then sells them. I am so proud of him.

·
To the surface!
8,012 Posts
I am an AVID rider of a 2002 Harley Davidson FLHT (Road King). I have 55,000 miles on that bike and I have spanking new BMW K1300GT on order. I plan to keep my HOG as it is a member of the family and I can't imagine ever selling it. However, I have had 4 spinal surgeries including anterior lumbar fusion and I have 3 levels of Titanium Cages fusing L3,L4,L5 so the 600 to 800 mile days on the Hog beat me up pretty severely.

The new BMW has an electronic suspension adjustment (8 different settings) as well as Traction Control and Integrated ABS. While I am a die hard Harley fan, I have to say that this new BMW is an amazing bike. It is a 4 cylinder Boxer engine rated at about 170Hp. It is a rocket, yet it is a sport touring bike so it is very comfortable for me to ride.

Sorry for the long answer. You get me talking about scoots and I just can't shut up!
Just a slight correction - the K-Bikes are not Boxers. A Boxer engine has opposed cylinders. The R-Bikes are Boxers, the K-Bikes are inline 3 or (now) four straight cylinders - horizontal, but not a Boxer.

Great bikes, I would consider one for a two-up bike.

·
King of Canada
4,421 Posts
1985 Harley Davidson FXR, it's 4 years older than I am!

Bought it August 22nd, 2009. It took a few years of dreaming and a couple months of hard, long work. But I got it. My first motorcycle and a Harley at that.

At 20 years old, I think it's quite the accomplishment! :D:

Now to charge the battery and I'm off down the highway.

-Ryan,

·
Registered
162 Posts
Recently sold my shovel, but still have my 57 Sportster and my 70 Triumph Bonneville. Couldn't ever part with either one. And yes the Dragons Tail is closed for a while, lots of rock slides here this year.

·
King of Canada
4,421 Posts
Recently sold my shovel, but still have my 57 Sportster and my 70 Triumph Bonneville. Couldn't ever part with either one. And yes the Dragons Tail is closed for a while, lots of rock slides here this year.
Oh dang. What year shovel? There's a 81 shovel I was looking at for a friend of mine. Such a nice bike. Orange and White. I would have bought it if I had the money.

Oh well.

I'm saving up to build a custom springer/shovel from the ground up. Should be an interesting bike, at least in my opinion when it's all said and done.

-Ryan,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.