Survivalist Forum banner

Who's sick and tired of all this religious bickering?

• Yes, we need to accept there are those that are different.

Votes: 54 76.1%
  • No.

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • I have no opinion either way.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Time to hit reset
25,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A simple poll, the title says it all.

IMHO I feel that many of these so called 'discussions' are trolling attempts to give ALL parties a chance to 'cram' their beliefs down one another's throats. Many discussions becoming and all out assault on religions or one's views, be they Christian, pagan, agnostic, atheist, druid, wiccan, whatever.

The point is, we are ALL different, and we should respect one another's opinion.

I know I came to the Lord late in life, and was lost, but a lost man never knows how truly lost he is until he is found. And there are many Christians that are out there trying to find the 'lost' and many times the 'lost' scatter from the light from the 'torches' they carry. And yes, there are some of us Christians that keep the signal fires burning, hoping and welcoming those who are lost onto the path to the Love and Compassion of God's love.

That's my simple opinion. So you may begin with the 'slings and arrows', this is nothing compared to what My Savior did for me.

May God Bless and keep you all.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
I realize that there are many that don't, won't and/or can't see this and my prayers go out to you. One of the saddest things I can think of, is at the end of time....the sadness that will be on Jesus's face as he closes the door to Eternity, shutting out those that have rejecting Him and His Father.
Kinda hard to have the clear honest non-judgmental discussion among various faiths when you can't even get through the first post without telling a bunch of people they're going to hell in a roundabout way. :thumb:

·
Time to hit reset
25,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kinda hard to have the clear honest non-judgmental discussion among various faiths when you can't even get through the first post without telling a bunch of people they're going to hell in a roundabout way. :thumb:
lol....point taken.:thumb:

I toned it down, not to scare off all those "God-less" heathens :)

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
well i joined this site to get to see what others are donig to survive whats coming. but i see religious and political post, that have limited value. to me.and i admit i get sucked into those post . but i have made a effort to stay away from them as of late. but i see agents provocateur recently. let it go and stick to the basics

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to
send peace on earth: I came not to send peace,
but a sword.
For those who seek a warm, fuzzy, I'll wipe your tears and give you a hug.....need to seek someone else. I am a soldier for Christ and I do battle with evil. Why have a religious section? Do folks really think they're going to "enlighten" anyone? Everyone's pretty set in their beliefs. When my religion tells me that those who do not accept Christ are lost, so be it. When other religions tell them to attack( by attempting to discredit it , confound it, confuse it, mock it) my religion, battle on. Funny how hard folks work to discredit Christianity, but continually fail. I have listened and studied other religions, I simply disagree with them and it is so easy to see thru the 'stigma'. My religion commands me to 'inform' others of the failings of worshipping false gods. All other religions comes from my God. Amen.

·
The Jed.
2,828 Posts
I said other because I am tired of the bickering, but not because I think we should all be tolerant, more like a live and let live kinda thing.

936 Posts
For those who seek a warm, fuzzy, I'll wipe your tears and give you a hug.....need to seek someone else. I am a soldier for Christ and I do battle with evil. Why have a religious section? Do folks really think they're going to "enlighten" anyone? Everyone's pretty set in their beliefs. When my religion tells me that those who do not accept Christ are lost, so be it. When other religions tell them to attack( by attempting to discredit it , confound it, confuse it, mock it) my religion, battle on. Funny how hard folks work to discredit Christianity, but continually fail. I have listened and studied other religions, I simply disagree with them and it is so easy to see thru the 'stigma'. My religion commands me to 'inform' others of the failings of worshipping false gods. All other religions comes from my God. Amen.
I think you should at least entertain the idea that your god is an old Jewish myth and you're wrong. Many cultures have their origin myths and magic books, yours ain't special.

I don't say this as an attack but as a plea for an open mind.

·
Christian
39,501 Posts
They are mad cus i asked jesus when he was over doing my landscaping what he thought of thier holly rollin threads.Jesus stated"no hablo maan".
it really wasnt that funny in the other thread either. just sayin...

Reactions: test

·
Christian
39,501 Posts
I think you should at least entertain the idea that your god is an old Jewish myth and you're wrong.
This is why people start to bicker, you make a statement like this, no questions, and people slam the door in your face, then you wonder why no one agrees with you. How about a bit more tack rather than blanket statements mean to incite?

Reactions: Thunder

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
They are mad cus i asked jesus when he was over doing my landscaping what he thought of thier holly rollin threads.Jesus stated"no hablo maan".
How can there be tolerance when people like him continue to spew out stuff like this? I mean, honestly?

I voted:
Yes, we need to accept there are those that are different.

I'm Roman Catholic (far from being a saint here...) but I have friends of Odinistic views, Pagan views and *gasp* even some atheist views. (Not to mention agnostic friends +++)

I don't preach to anyone about how their religion or lack thereof is wrong. (Even though I feel mine is right, why else would I believe in it?)

Live and let live. I respect my friends religious views and they respect mine. If you really try, it's not that hard.

·
Christian
39,501 Posts
I voted Yes. I know that up to the very day Christ returns there will be people on this earth with different views other than my own.

I am correct in the views for myself; they may not apply to you. I have to be correct for myself because I'm going to be judged by them. I believe the Bible says we will all be judged by what we did and didn’t do. That’s what motivates me to speak to those with serious questions about God and salvation.

The religious section is good in that it allows people to speak their minds and quite possibly teach someone about something they may not have realized. Will it ever be “sit down with tea and crackers civil”...NO Thats just the way it is.

If debated religious topics bother your sensibilities, turn the channel. IMHO

PS Just because I voted Yes, does not mean that I have to be tolerant or accepting of beliefs that go against mine, as a matter of fact Christianity teaches us to shun the world and un-Godly beliefs.

·
Christian
39,501 Posts
(far from being a saint here...)
Well there can be only 1 of me....LOL ok I'm sorry I couldnt resist its not every day I get tossed a line like that....Im going now :D:

Reactions: test

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
I think you should at least entertain the idea that your god is an old Jewish myth and you're wrong. Many cultures have their origin myths and magic books, yours ain't special.

I don't say this as an attack but as a plea for an open mind.
If your perception of me opening my mind is to entertain the idea that my God is an old Jewish myth....well, misperception alert......I tell ya folks, there's alot of misperception on this board. Btw, ain't gonna happen....old Jewish myth? That's rich. News flash, Jews don't believe that Jesus is the Son of Gon, our Saviour, nor that He died on the cross and was resurrected. This ain't so much about God as it is Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Yes, mine IS special. Btw, I voted other, because I don't believe I have to accept others' beliefs.

1 - 20 of 208 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.