Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rush Chairman
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I will mail off my order for a service grade M1 Carbine from the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Part of the excitement to me is the "grab bag" nature of a rifle order from CMP.

I can't wait until it arrives at my house in the mail.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share with CMP orders?

:)

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
You arent far from CMP south.

May I suggest you drive up there and pick one out for yourself?

Get one for me while you are at it...

·
Rush Chairman
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep - I actually thought about driving to Anniston, but it is a still a little haul.

I promise to post pics when it comes in.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Im hoping to join a range about an hour from here to get in on the CMP.I always wanted a garand. And an 03 springfield would be nice too.

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
My first Garand was bought from the Dept. of Civilian Marksmanship, later to become the CMP. It took 11 months to get it and somewhere around $300. Since then I have bought an 03A3, an M12 Mossberg .22 and a Remington 40x .22. Plus several thousand rounds of .22, 30 carbine and 30-06. Good luck on getting a good Carbine. Last Gun I ordered took right at a month.

·
Shooter
429 Posts
Part of the excitement to me is the "grab bag" nature of a rifle order from CMP.
Absolutely! If I was to go to the store I'd go nuts tryin to pick out the perfect one, and I'd never be set even then. Having them pick one for you makes it simple and its fun getting a unique rifle like that.

·
Rush Chairman
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am looking forward to seeing what comes in the box!

I set the over/under for delivery at 10 weeks.

Whattaya think?
:D:

·
Just A Shadow
694 Posts
I ordered a M1 from them about a year ago. A correct grade. Took about 60 days to deliver. Really nice weapon. Ordered ammo from them too. Usually takes 10-14 days.

You have to be at home when they do the delivery to sign for it.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
It took a while to get it but when it came!!! wow. One of the last Garands made and it looked like it was never fired.

·
Free Trapper
189 Posts
I have ordered several dozen rifles from the CMP; Garands, M17's, 03's, and 03A3's. I've been pleased with every one. They also have traditionally had great pricing on ammuntion. I too have purchased several thousand rounds from them; primarily '06. My father, who lives in Atlanta, drove over to CMP South and personally picked out 8 M1's ranging from field to collector grade. He said it was well worth the drive and added expense in fuel to do it in person. Good luck and let us know/see what you get. Take care and God Bless! Jerry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts