Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
a thorn in your side
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firebird- For his ability to convey his beliefs, with integrity and knowledge.
As well as challenging me to better understand matters of religion.

300mag- For his understanding of scripture, and ability to argue his point.

Jerry D young- I have read many of his posts, he is quite helpful, and well organized.

Takezo- For starting such a productive thread as "who should I shred", then for lacking the witty refinement, providing us all with countless laughs.

roro- for the knowledge gifted to me on gardening.

besidethecreek- For not weaving rights, in a situation that is extremely hard.
(CPS struggle/ arm with the constitution)

Rover- I enjoy hearing his voice on matters, weather it be of a religious nature, or otherwise.

-Sorry if I have forgot anyone, these are just people off the top of my head--

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,677 Posts
I appreciate all our members whether they agree or disagree, thats where we learn different opinions (even if they are wrong).

"A difference of opinion is what makes horse racing and missionaries."
Will Rogers

·
Banned
3,760 Posts
I won't name anybody but sometimes I get a big grin on my face when I read posts of some of the more outspoken members.

And there are a few people here that know a big deal about various subjects. Their help has been very valuable to me.

·
a thorn in your side
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just realized, I forgot to thank the people I appreciate the most.....The people who made and run this site. With out them, NONE of us, would have the privileged of being here!

·
Historian & Archaeologist
1,543 Posts
one member that i truly appreciate is mtnman mike. he has a great deal of enthusiasm, knowledge and experience in all manners of the outdoors. he truly lives the survivalist lifestyle for most of the year, which is FAR more than i can say. he is also one of the most generous and kind hearted members of this forum. i find myself connecting more and more with his feelings on wildlife and the respect he has for it.

id like to post an excerpt from a poet he pointed me towards named Robert W. Service because i know he will appreciate it if he hasnt already headed to his mountain place as he calls it,

"There's sunshine in the heart of me,
My blood sings in the breeze;
The mountains are a part of me,
I'm fellow to the trees.
My golden youth I'm squandering,
Sun-libertine am I;
A-wandering, a-wandering,
Until the day I die."

A Rolling Stone
by Robert W. Service

thank you mtnman mike for all your contributions to this forum.

·
Tested in the Wilderness
6,806 Posts
one member that i truly appreciate is mtnman mike. he has a great deal of enthusiasm, knowledge and experience in all manners of the outdoors. he truly lives the survivalist lifestyle for most of the year, which is FAR more than i can say. he is also one of the most generous and kind hearted members of this forum. i find myself connecting more and more with his feelings on wildlife and the respect he has for it.

id like to post an excerpt from a poet he pointed me towards named Robert W. Service because i know he will appreciate it if he hasnt already headed to his mountain place as he calls it,

A Rolling Stone
by Robert W. Service

thank you mtnman mike for all your contributions to this forum.
And thank you for posting. You are at least the 2nd guy who is trying to embarrass me today. :thumb: Wheelgunner made a farewell thread to me in the general non-survival section which I almost missed since I tend to stay in the survival sections.
And there was a long farewell thread last June from ex-hunter also.

Which is ok although not necessary.
I appreciate about everyone on the S-boards.

I thought there would be many more survivalists on this Survivalistboards but there are quite a few. And I am trying to realize that not everyone cares as much about survivalism as some of us do.
And most I know have regular lives which is good. And if they prepare even as part time preppers then they are doing more than most people in the world.

And thanks for that R. Service poem, I don't think I have seen that one before. But the main one I have seen of his is this >

"There's a race of men that don't fit in,
A race that can't sit still;
So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will.
They range the field and rove the flood,
And they climb the mountain's crest; Their's is the curse of the gypsy blood,
And they don't know how to rest."
— Robert W. Service

I also like this > “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I have not lived.” H.D. Thoreau

I really don't read much poetry. Just come across some things I like and try to remember them.

Much more true poetry without words as seen and experienced in the woods and the wild.

Here is one thread with Many pics that some have liked - lots of mtn pics, showing what I do when I get to my bol - retreat in the 2nd post & later in the thread others also post their pics > http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=96951

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
I am pretty new here but I honestly have not met anyone that really has rubbed me raw (yet)... everyone has some input and whther it is good or bad ought to be looked at for what it contains...

Kev puts up with more than anyone I know... so I have to say him and a slew of others that have shown me the error of what I wrote, and that is appreciated so very much...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.