Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
6,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who want to get hit 6 or 8 times with a .22 lr , take two shots in the face from a .410 or a 1 1/4 oz load BB's from a 12 ga

would I rather have a AR-15, Mossberg 930 or a Phased Plasma Rifle in the 14 watt range? Well ya but sometimes good enough is good enough. :thumb:

·
Registered
568 Posts
damn bro. i couldnt understand any of that post. sounds like i wrote it or somthing. .22lr's are fine for small game, and quick head shots. for personal defense, i wouldnt go with anything less than a 9mm. .380's are tiny and so are 25's. people who carry 22's usually don't like alot of recoil. my mom carry a 9 shot 22lr taurus. with a 2 inch barrel. I cut the 4 inch pipe down to 2. guess what its been 5 years and she has never had to use it.

I already done been shot with a 22 and a 9mm... didnt evan feel the 22. and the 9, well lets say i was hit in the leg and that Mf'er Was the worst pain ive ever felt. and ive broke my back. i was lucky enough that the 9 wet threw nothing more than muscle. it didnt hit anything...... Gods Watching out for people like me...... and people who belive.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I already done been shot with a 22 and a 9mm...
I think you might need to move outta Philly... lol

But yeah... back to the point. No one is saying that any gun is useless for self defense... but some calibers and ammunition choices are definitely the preferred way to go. Still, some people just don't get that just because something can be effective doesn't mean its the most effective. When you have the option when lives could be at stake go the for most.

·
that's like, your opinion
17,825 Posts
who want to get hit 6 or 8 times with a .22 lr , take two shots in the face from a .410 or a 1 1/4 oz load BB's from a 12 ga

would I rather have a AR-15, Mossberg 930 or a Phased Plasma Rifle in the 14 watt range? Well ya but sometimes good enough is good enough. :thumb:
people testing armor obviously...

i can't find it on youtube, but when i was deployed to iraq there was this hillarious video of a dude and his interpreter testing out a sapi plate with an AK... the dude told his terp to run down range and hold up the plate above his head (which the terp did), then he let off a round and it hit low and the terp in the legs and he was rolling around and screaming...

it was hillarious, but only because i knew it was fake, they were using blanks, but it was soooooo funny.

·
Troublesome.
1,333 Posts
In a defensive situation where your life may be in jeopardy "good enough" is not something that should be a goal.

Overwhelming superiority is a much wiser goal.

At least if your intention is to prevail in the encounter. :)

So . . in answer to your question: "They are the people most likely to survive and armed confrontation."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts