Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,853 Posts

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, if government is throwing out a number then better double it at least...just say'in
Yep, they're saying if people don't start doing the social distancing pretty quick it could be as high as a million or more.

Reactions: w3kmp

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Yep, they're saying if people don't start doing the social distancing pretty quick it could be as high as a million or more.
Oh, I have no doubt, the peeps where I live are still running around town. I talk with people all day long on the phone for my job and they all say the same thing where they live too.

I figure we have about a week or less before the hospitals are overwhelmed to the point that its gonna look like a horror movie playing out right before our eyes

I'm located in FL and peeps here are saying that peeps from NE states are coming back to their winter homes, they are gonna wind-up bringing the beer virus with them.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I have no doubt, the peeps where I live are still running around town. I talk with people all day long on the phone for my job and they all say the same thing where they live too.

I figure we have about a week or less before the hospitals are overwhelmed to the point that its gonna look like a horror movie playing out right before our eyes

I'm located in FL and peeps here are saying that peeps from NE states are coming back to their winter homes, they are gonna wind-up bringing the beer virus with them.
Yep, same here in southern Oklahoma but we don't have the snow birds like y'all do so maybe it won't quite be as bad here as there though. At least I hope it's not.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Here in New England we have all the peeps coming up from NYC, NJ and CT to their summer camp grounds. Last Friday I had to go to NH for work and you should have seen all the camper trailers and RV's heading north on RT 495. All with plates from those states.

During each day I walk over to my elementary schools soccer field to hit golf balls just to stay in golf shape. There is never anyone there and if there is a walker or two I stay very far away from them and just give a friendly wave. But yesterday someone moved two of the soccer nets into the middle of the field. It looked like they had some kind of pick up game. People are just not listening.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
My guesstimate is 1 million dead. Using fairly conservative numbers. 1/3 of the population becomes infected that's 110 million. With a 1% kill rate that would be 1.1 million. They better hope this malaria drug work and that China doesn't have a monopoly.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The mayor of a fairly large city close to where I live decided to tell the cops to start enforcing the stay at home and social distancing policy because people were having large cookouts in the empty city parks and having "food truck parties," no kidding. She held up one of signs the city put up that told people to follow the rules. She looked and sounded like she was trying to explain something to retarded people.

·
Registered
11,493 Posts
The mayor of a fairly large city close to where I live decided to tell the cops to start enforcing the stay at home and social distancing policy because people were having large cookouts in the empty city parks and having "food truck parties," no kidding. She held up one of signs the city put up that told people to follow the rules. She looked and sounded like she was trying to explain something to retarded people.
Probably was. People are generally stupid now. Lot of reasons that led to that.

·
Registered
11,493 Posts
Here in New England we have all the peeps coming up from NYC, NJ and CT to their summer camp grounds. Last Friday I had to go to NH for work and you should have seen all the camper trailers and RV's heading north on RT 495. All with plates from those states.
Brilliant! NYC is an epicenter so they want to share the misery.

·
Mod Certified PITA!
12,092 Posts

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
29,618 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
When this first started, I was looking at a 2% death rate with a 70% infection rate. You would end up with 3 to 4 million deaths in the US.

China has 1.3 billion people. With a 2% death rate, you end up with 26 million deaths. Scary statistic, China cell phone users have fallen by 21 million, since this time last year. Coincidence?

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Italian friends all report that thier covid deaths occur with smokers, the obese and pre-existing conditions, yet all are reported as covid causes regardless. Much smaller numbers in ages below seventy and as pre-existing conditions become rarer. Gaff it off if you please, thats your wheelhouse. Interested to see how it plays out here. We are a fertile field, this thing will ebb and flow with the seasons untl it evolves beyond harmful or not enough suseptable hosts remain. Viralogy 101, friends.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
When this first started, I was looking at a 2% death rate with a 70% infection rate. You would end up with 3 to 4 million deaths in the US.

China has 1.3 billion people. With a 2% death rate, you end up with 26 million deaths. Scary statistic, China cell phone users have fallen by 21 million, since this time last year. Coincidence?
No no no..... you didn't get the prog memo from CNN? The chicoms had ended at 3000 DOA, have solved it and are going to hep us mericans. (snark)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts