Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
From bat soup to engineered....

White House asks scientists to investigate origins of coronavirus

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/whi...stigate-origins-coronavirus/story?id=68807304

The White House on Thursday asked U.S. scientists and medical researchers to investigate the scientific origins of the novel coronavirus, as misinformation about the outbreak spreads online.

The director of the White House's Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), in a letter ...... ***MOD EDIT*** You can read the rest via the link provided.

Dr. James Lyons-Weiler says that the 2019-nCoV was bioengineered.. and that there is proof in the Chinese provided samples....

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
The Chinese practice perimeter containment, without compartmental containment. These contagions are inevitable. So far, it hasnt been world ending but one day iit will. They can absorb the losses in thier population, and have before.. Interesting that the epicenter is Wuhan.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
From bat soup to engineered....

Dr. James Lyons-Weiler says that the 2019-nCoV was bioengineered.. and that there is proof in the Chinese provided samples....
I’m not sure I’d believe a barely credible anti vaccine researcher and his fan girl, until someone with actual virology credentials weighs in.

The question needs to be asked.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m not sure I’d believe a barely credible anti vaccine researcher and his fan girl, until someone with actual virology credentials weighs in.

The question needs to be asked.
Barely credible?

The guy is published and peer-reviewed... he has a PhD in Ecology, Evolution & Conservation Biology, and won a US DOE/Sloan Postdoc in Computational Molecular Biology at Pennsylvania State University.

I'd hardly call that "barely credible"...

What are your bona-fides that counter his?

The simple fact that the White House is now asking for the same investigation should validate Dr Lyons-Weiler's earlier assertions....

·
Banned
6,384 Posts
Barely credible?

The guy is published and peer-reviewed... he has a PhD in Ecology, Evolution & Conservation Biology, and won a US DOE/Sloan Postdoc in Computational Molecular Biology at Pennsylvania State University.

The simple fact that the White House is now asking for the same investigation should validate Dr Lyons-Weiler's earlier assertions....

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Barely credible?

Not claiming my credentials as a virologist- but some idiot did claim he was an expert virologist- since he is neither a virologist by degree or experience I’m calling BS. I say barely credible, because he does a a PHD in a related field. Post Dos in natural sciences are a dime a dozen. My wife was offered 6 or 8 positions. It’s cheap labor and a way to get some experience before going after an academic or industry position.

The fact the WH asked the question does not prove his asertation that he can prove the virus was bioengineered based on the sequencing. If in fact he was correct the WH just needs to get it confirmed. Plenty of government expert virologists not busy with Coronavirus- ie those studying plant viruses. And plenty of them have security clearances.

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,590 Posts
No doubt in my mind it was bio-engineered and escaped from the only level 4 bio-weapon lab in China, opened a couple yrs ago in Wuhan.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuhan_Institute_of_Virology
" In 2015, the Institute opened the first biosafety level 4 (BSL–4) laboratory to be built in mainland China, and played a central role in the 2019–20 Wuhan coronavirus outbreak."

" in a statement, the Institute said it would not exercise its new Chinese patent rights "if relevant foreign companies intend to contribute to the prevention and control of China’s epidemic""

And explains why the complete genome was released almost immediately, when it took 2 yrs to determine last time. Clearly they had been studying it for some time.
Seems they also might have a vaccine since they announced they had one ready for testing a couple weeks ago.

You don't need to be a virologist to figure this out.

Looked for a copy of that announcement that I watched on TV of the Chinese Official announcing they had a vaccine ready for testing.
Didn't find that one yet, but here is another announcement of a phase 1 trial set to start in April.

https://www.livescience.com/new-china-coronavirus-faq.html

And per this article, there were NO BATS sold in that market.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
No doubt in my mind it was bio-engineered and escaped from the only level 4 bio-weapon lab in China, opened a couple yrs ago in Wuhan.

And explains why the complete genome was released almost immediately, when it took 2 yrs to determine last time. Clearly they had been studying it for some time.
Seems they also might have a vaccine since they announced they had one ready for testing a couple weeks ago.
CDC released their copy within a few days of the first US case. Does that mean CDC was playing with a stolen bioengineered virus?

And there is no way this was the first BSL-4 lab in China. The Brazilians have one as does South Korea. Several universities in the US have one. China just announced this one for whatever reasons (pride, academic credibility, access to samples are all posabilities.). Russia only claims one facility also.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
" In 2015, the Institute opened the first biosafety level 4 (BSL–4) laboratory to be built in mainland China, and played a central role in the 2019–20 Wuhan coronavirus outbreak."

" in a statement, the Institute said it would not exercise its new Chinese patent rights "if relevant foreign companies intend to contribute to the prevention and control of China’s epidemic""

You don't need to be a virologist to figure this out.

Looked for a copy of that announcement that I watched on TV of the Chinese Official announcing they had a vaccine ready for testing.
Didn't find that one yet, but here is another announcement of a phase 1 trial set to start in April.

https://www.livescience.com/new-china-coronavirus-faq.html

And per this article, there were NO BATS sold in that market.

oh lookie....

Harvard University Professor and Two Chinese Nationals Charged in Three Separate China Related Cases
Tuesday, January 28, 2020

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/harv...ationals-charged-three-separate-china-related

The Department of Justice announced today that the Chair of Harvard University’s Chemistry and Chemical Biology Department and two Chinese nationals have been charged in connection with aiding the People’s Republic of China.

Q: who is Dr Leiber?

Since 2011 he has been a “Strategic Scientist” at Wuhan University of Technology (WUT).

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the hits keep on comin....

A team of German scientists have determined that the coronavirus can survive for up to 9 days on a surface.

That's bad news, because it means the virus, which was recently discovered to have some genetic markers in common with HIV, is much more hardy than the common flu.

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,590 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Why do we have 2 threads on conspiracy threory.

https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?p=20044326#post20044326

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com...preparedness-exercise-october-18-in-new-york/

"...curious is the fact that Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, the World Economic Forum and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation sponsored a novel coronavirus pandemic preparedness exercise October 18, 2019, in New York called “Event 201"

... Before this outbreak began

It’s been the credible threat for some time. First is was SARS, then pandemic bird flu ( H5N1/2), them MERS. SARS/MERS caused far greater death ( only in one year were there more than 100 deaths). So it’s the Goto threat for table top exercises, while Bird Flu is wargamed mostly from an agricultural biosecurity perspective.

WHO has asked for no more names like Spanish Flu, Ebola ____, Swine Flu, or MERS, so nCoV is politically correct also.

Our HR people refuse to be PC. I have a charge code for “ respond to Influenza Pandemic”, and it’s been there for a decade.

Or let me illustrate my point: How many people know that China is in the midst of a H5N1 outbreak right now? We had to provide a readiness accessment last week ( verify that I have a certain number of backhoes, trailers and prime movers, foam, nozzles, and educators and PPE and approved disinfectant)

·
Over and Out
3,257 Posts
...Q: who is Dr Leiber?

Since 2011 he has been a “Strategic Scientist” at Wuhan University of Technology (WUT).
..Huh, curious... (from that linked-story..)

'..things that make ya go Hmmmmm'.. :rolleyes:

..The more that comes to light on this-front of this all, the more it backs-up some of My-own personal 'math' about this whole thing (..'all-natural' my :taped:... Not buyin it..)

jd

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,590 Posts
It’s been the credible threat for some time. First is was SARS, then pandemic bird flu ( H5N1/2), them MERS. SARS/MERS caused far greater death ( only in one year were there more than 100 deaths). So it’s the Goto threat for table top exercises, while Bird Flu is wargamed mostly from an agricultural biosecurity perspective.

WHO has asked for no more names like Spanish Flu, Ebola ____, Swine Flu, or MERS, so nCoV is politically correct also.

Our HR people refuse to be PC. I have a charge code for “ respond to Influenza Pandemic”, and it’s been there for a decade.

Or let me illustrate my point: How many people know that China is in the midst of a H5N1 outbreak right now? We had to provide a readiness accessment last week ( verify that I have a certain number of backhoes, trailers and prime movers, foam, nozzles, and educators and PPE and approved disinfectant)
Yes, I heard that they have a bird flu outbreak happening now as well.

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
14,599 Posts
Article states that Chinese scientists believe COVID19 is a bio-engineered disease that leaked out of Wuhan facility.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-originate-Chinese-government-laboratory.html

"Did coronavirus originate in Chinese government laboratory? Scientists believe killer disease may have begun in research facility 300 yards from Wuhan wet fish market"
By ROSS IBBETSON FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 08:22 EST, 16 February 2020

"A new bombshell paper from the Beijing-sponsored South China University of Technology says that the Wuhan Center for Disease Control (WHCDC) could have spawned the contagion in Hubei province.

'The possible origins of 2019-nCoV coronavirus,' penned by scholars Botao Xiao and Lei Xiao claims the WHCDC kept disease-ridden animals in laboratories, including 605 bats.

It also mentions that bats - which are linked to coronavirus - once attacked a researcher and 'blood of bat was on his skin.'"

"'It is plausible that the virus leaked around and some of them contaminated the initial patients in this epidemic, though solid proofs are needed in future study.' ...And as well as the WHCDC, the report suggests that the Wuhan Institute of Virology could also have leaked the virus...."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts