Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Ready for the big "push"
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, anyone else have people you know calling you whining about not being able to find a certain weapon they now want or ammo? In the past week I've had two "friends" call me and have the gall to tell me that I needed to sell them some of my weaponry. Had to politely tell them that it wasn't gonna happen and remind them that I've been telling them for over a YEAR now that this was gonna happen.

Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part.

·
Certifiable
723 Posts
I wouldn't call myself ill prepared. I have enough weapons to arm a full squad and enough ammo to fill them out for several missions. But I was thinking on another lower and more ammo or magazines never hurt.

That said, the sudden wave of gun buying and hoarding has taken me fully by surprise. My lower purchase and ten mags were planned for next week. So much for planning. :xeye:

·
PPG flyer
2,789 Posts
Good for you.
I have a friend with a wife and 2 small children,he thinks everything is fine,no need for extra food or anything.
I tried talking to him yesterday about putting extra food away,
and buying more ammo for his deer rifles.He just laughed at me,
and called e a conspiracy theorist.
We live in a very rural area in eastern Montana,all of the people
out here, I've talked to are total sheep!
They really don't have a clue,and lots of Obama Biden signs all over.I'm not talking any more,I don't want too much trouble,as in
people wanting handouts when TSHTF.

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
It is pretty irritating to see the current price gouging and picked clean store shelves. I'm fairly well off but every few weeks I like to continue to pick up the odd few boxes of ammo or maybe some hardware. Not now though, the stuff I usually buy is gone or overpriced. Trying to find an AR upper on the net is insane, even my little off to the side sites have been trampled by the last minute shoppers.

Nobody has called me whining about not being able to find arms yet (Most will wait until its really too late like always). None have the balls to even suggest I sell mine to them.

You see this crap all the time.
The day before Christmas last minute shoppers
The people filing their taxes the day before the deadline
The charming raid on the grocery store just before a snow storm or hurricane touches down.

Reactions: Maverick88

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
I have had a few ask my opinions on what to get, it is like communicating to a deer in the head lights. Funny how they willingly spend big bucks on junk and not a quality defense fire arm, accessories and preps.
Another thing funny is how people are so proud of their rinky dink pocket knives.

·
Michigan Gun Nut
801 Posts
I'm not as prepared as I would like. Guns for the six of us- 7 Shotguns- 2 have 2nd barrels- 5 DA revolvers- mostly .38Spcl. 1 SA revolver. 1 Enfield rifle- with Bayonet. 1 M-1 Carbine (New, Auto-Ordnance). 3 10/22s. soem handloading supplies. A fair amount of shotgun ammo. A fair amount of .38s, plus supplies to pack more. Food and Wood are shorter than I would prefer.

·
Registered
9,544 Posts
Nah... the friends that bug me about such stuff usually have something useful to trade. They have the gall but are smart enough not to ask if I'll sell them one of my guns...WTF...NO, end of story.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
I make it a point to not go around telling Friends family, loved ones or enemies what I have stashed away. But freely give advise when asked about what I "would" buy.

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
Honestly guys. I have to mention that you need to quit talking about this with other people. The only other people I talk to nowadays are part of my group and on boards such as this one. I am not saying that it is the ninth hour, but it is getting close. If the sheeple can't see by now, you are only painting a target on your back by counseling these people now.

I think mad critter hit it on the nose.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Exactly. You don't want a horde of people pounding on your door demanding you share your supplies with everyone else, because they know you've got plenty.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
is it wrong to gloat in a buddy's face when you have to tell them YOU TOLD THEM SO?
:3

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have had a few ask my opinions on what to get, it is like communicating to a deer in the head lights. Funny how they willingly spend big bucks on junk and not a quality defense fire arm, accessories and preps.
Another thing funny is how people are so proud of their rinky dink pocket knives.
Hey now, don't be dissing my SOG flash 2 now. Really though, the only reason I say any thing to any body about stores is because I care..... and I'm moving. Loose lips sink ships, now is the time to start shuting your trap or move.... or both.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Now is a good time to pick up some cheap used single barrel shotguns and some shells and keep them for trade or to "sell" to friends who were too stupid to listen. <G>.

·
infowars.com
421 Posts
all my friends think i only have a handgun and deer rifle i only talk about beeing pre-paired with others in my group we all feel that everyone will run to our homes
when the SHTF

nothing worse then someone showing up then they will complain cause theres not enough for everyone i just dont want my house flooded with family's of unprepaired people or trying to target my stash living in cali with earthquake's they should have a storage anyways

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sale them your guns. Hell I made $6200 dollars last week on aks and sks guns I owned. Now ppl are in panic mode and thats why all the guns are gone. In 6 months it will calm down and a suplus of guns will be available for a cheaper price. I still have my main rifles and guns just sold the extra and can now buy better rifles when the prices drop in 6 months. All this Obama is gonna ban my gun isnt gonna happen. He is gonna tax the hell outta ammo though so keep it.

·
Learning
6,703 Posts
So one really whining to me yet, but since people know I collect and shoot guns they are asking me what they should buy. I currently have 3 guns for sale, 2 or them have ammo as part of the deal. I offer to sell, and they all show interest asking questions, but no one yet will pony up the cash. First person whining and producing cash will get the guns.

Only reason I am selling the odds and ends is to buy more .223, 7.62x51, 7.62x36 ammo.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
The run on ammo has almost run its course. People bought all they could afford and Ill bet youll see these sales figures fall back in the coming weeks.

I have seen a lot of ads for guns on craigslist and other sites recently. Part of that is people selling their excess guns for the best price but even that cant last forever. Its hard to get someone to spend his last 300 bucks on a gun when the bills are due.

As far as guns goes, most people dont even know I own a single gun. I dont carry them out of the house at all and I dont shoot them locally, and I do not advertise them.

OP, be very careful or some of these friends will end up trying to take those guns from you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts