Survivalist Forum banner

Which is the best of these American States?

• California

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Texas

Votes: 143 53.0%
  • New York

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Florida

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • Illinois

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Pennsylvania

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • Ohio

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Georgia

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • North Carolina

Votes: 32 11.9%
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Depends on what you choose them for. Over all, I would say Texas, N. Carolina, Georgia, Michigan and Ohio. It depends on gun laws, taxes, etc. What criteria?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Having lived in or know someone who does I'd have to say Montana or Wyoming.

·
Registered
687 Posts
They all have their pros and cons, it just depends on what pros you want and what cons you want to avoid. The way see the cons

Some are to liberal, some have bad gun laws, some have a poorer than average economy, some are more nanny state than others, some high taxes, and still some have too high of a per capita ratio of those who feed at the .gov teet, or are overrun with illegals. Then there is climate, some have winters that are just down right fridged, others have sweltering summers.

I think I have covered every state in the US, and it's territories.

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,954 Posts
Some of the states listed have totally insane politics.

Others are subject to drought, some are in a severe drought right now, today. It is insane to try are farm in a known drought region.

For: good gun laws, low land prices, no droughts, low taxes, and the ability to feed your family from farming, you know what state I chose. I moved there. But it is not on your list.

·
I love this *****
Very Prepared!!
34,008 Posts
I voted based on geography rather than politics. I voted for California because of it's diverse landscape (certainly not because of its liberal government). It as some of the highest mountains on mainland USA; it has an ocean bordering the entire western coastline; it has some beautiful desert country; some of the most fertile soil for growing crops; and I like the year around climate around the area of Santa Cruz.

I was born and raised there but live in Colorado now. Due to it's problem with illegal immigration and due to the fact that a bunch of morons run the government I wouldn't move back. But I do miss the High Sierra mountains and the salt water fishing are Davey's Locker.

Reactions: The Dark One

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Texas is the only one listed that has a descent economy. California was once the 15th largest economy of the world. Now it is broke. The rest are rust belt losers run by liberals or southern states over run by the rust belt exodus i.e. Florida, N. Carolina and Georgia.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Best for What?

Which is the best of these American States?
Best for what? . . .

If you want the "best" state for pizza and food in general it's New York and Massachusetts. But nobody with any common sense would want to live in either state due to the liberal fascist governments and high taxation.

If you want the "best" state for corn and cows it's no doubt Iowa. Best state for cheese is of course Wisconsin. Etc. Etc.

Actually there are non of those states on that list I'd consider best for anything.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts